Morton Club Together Updates - Page 94 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

24 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Ive zero issue with it either tbh. He committed the crime (a long, long time ago) and has had several employers since. I'm sure hes remorseful for his actions, whether he went about apologising the right way or not. Its not really our business. A huge song and dance is being made about it IMO. This "we're a community club signing a sex offender" is complete nonsense and nothing more than a good excuse for people to get the claws in. Let's be honest, no one out with anyone with a real interest in Morton A. cares and B. probably knows who he is. 

I agree with TRVMP's assessment. Morton could have done a bit more, but the actual signing is a non-event tbh. 

I think it all comes back to everything being a bit faceless and a severe lack of comms. 

Don't really have a huge problem either but if we had a board member or general manager who gave regular updates and said something along the lines of "the manager identifies players and, as a board its our duty to do due diligence, contractual or otherwise, before completing the signing." No real need to address individual signings directly but at least have some accountability on show. 

Obviously not everyone would be happy as some are dead against this signing but it would show the decision making process and give some comfort to show its all been considered. Instead there's a growing lack of trust. 

1 hour ago, TONofmemories said:

I agree in that we should have addressed it somehow,  but the faux outrage is OTT IMO.

I can see why people are unhappy but when there's little information or clarity about anything controversial it tends to get blown out of proportion so complete silence is only going to magnify things regardless of what options are. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

At least they have the balls to face a fanbase though. Doesn't seem at all scripted either. 

Looks scripted to me, this fucking welt thought he'd give an inspirational speech, then one guy claps, then another guy, then everyone's on their feet cheering, hoisting him aloft and dousing him in Gatorade.

Every other chairman/board member in the country must have watched that through their fingers. It's fine to say that stuff when things are going well but Falkirk just got humped 3-0 at home and they're as close to League Two as they are to the Championship. What on earth possessed him?

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

Just now, TONofmemories said:

When i say scripted i should have said vetted. It looks an open forum to ask whatever to me. 

Aye, fair. It was an open-ticketed event (i.e. you had to register to attend but anyone could do so) and as we can hilariously see there was no Prime Minister's Questions pre-vetting.

EOho8Pw.png

25 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

I'd also like clarity on how first team performances will be evaluated. What are the benchmarks for performance; how regularly will this be reviewed; what insight does the club use to exercise this judgment? 

The key task at the moment is to make sure that fan ownership retains the appropriate degree of professional oversight over first team issues, as well as openness between the board and the fanbase on how the new structure works in practice. 

This is crucial as far as I'm concerned as it essential if we are to avoid the mistakes of the past and install some real determination to drive improvement on the pitch and expectation among the fanbase. Simply surviving is not a medium to long term strategy.

7 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

I agree in that we should have addressed it somehow,  but the faux outrage is OTT IMO.

It's not faux outrage to expect the club that you support to have some kind of standards of decency for the players they recruit, and to feel badly disappointed by them when they recruit a sex offender.   Regardless of whether or not he is a good player, I would sooner have a hapless jobber without his talent, knowing that he wasn't a wrong'un of that sort. 

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

I agree with irnbru on this issue. While it is appreciated MCT and the club have different responsibilities and priorities there is undeniably a mutuality of interest requiring increased transparency, communication and accountability. For me, MCT continue to be more reactive than proactive and even when it comes to the club there is a distinct lack of output - I do not believe Gus offering up the same platitudes and excuses after most matches satisfies most fans. Of course much of the current 'noise' off the park on this issue would not exist if the team on the park were performing...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MCT Team said:

We've just sent round an update to members which you can also find here

https://mortonclubtogether.co.uk/latest-news/24-member-update-22nd-october

Yet another post from MCT Team where he/she failed to acknowledge the fact that the club have recruited a convicted sex offender and that a lot of people feel uneasy about it. 

It won't go away, regardless of whether or not you think I'm a 'trouble maker'. 

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

On 10/20/2021 at 2:28 PM, Toby said:

Because with this format, Gordon Ritchie won’t have to answer questions he doesn't want to answer from mischief makers in the support who are no more than background noise to him running his football club, rather than contributors who have helped him get into the position he now occupies.

I've missed this Gordon Ritchie stooshie. What are his supposed misdemeaners?

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

There's a lot covered in this topic but one thing sticks out for me is that there is a lot the club should be doing that they are not. That's all down to roles and responsibilities which we don't appear to have given some of the points made.

Directors of the football club need to have specific roles and not just be seat warmers at games and meetings.  That way they can be held accountable and this gives members a better idea who they should have running the club. The same goes for MCT.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

1 hour ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

I've missed this Gordon Ritchie stooshie. What are his supposed misdemeaners?

It was discussed on here, but Dean removed the debate as it could’ve potentially affected the alleged victim’s professional life, so not something that can really be discussed. If you look back a few months there might be something hinting at what I believe he did.