Morton Club Together Updates - Page 91 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

1 hour ago, LargsTON said:

Ill be honest.  The only way I fear MCT will take us is on a continual downward spiral.  I've zero faith in the fan ownership model at this level therefore I'm completely underwhelmed.  I'll happily invest if I start seeing signs of progress but I won't hold my breath based on early evidence.

I'm sure you're not alone in having doubts. But if we all followed your lead and never joined then we would almost certainly be on a downward spiral. The more people who join the better chance there is of MCT making a success of Morton and making progress. That has to be one of MCTs major challenges to get more people to take a leap of faith and sign up.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

40 minutes ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

I'm sure you're not alone in having doubts. But if we all followed your lead and never joined then we would almost certainly be on a downward spiral. The more people who join the better chance there is of MCT making a success of Morton and making progress. That has to be one of MCTs major challenges to get more people to take a leap of faith and sign up.

That's a fair point, but it's also reasonable to hold off from parting with hard-earned cash until the competency of the MCT leadership has been established. So far they've failed to do so, IMO. 

1 hour ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

That's a fair point, but it's also reasonable to hold off from parting with hard-earned cash until the competency of the MCT leadership has been established. So far they've failed to do so, IMO. 

Don't agree with this. The purpose of fan ownership is that there's not a set leadership so if fans aren't happy that can change. 

I think making it clearer that this is the case has been a bit of a failing from the start though with the comms around it and no real clarity around what membership means. The updates are generally telling members stuff rather than encouraging ongoing  engagement so it gives off the sense of a closed shop but it shouldn't be (and isn't by the constitution). The delay in giving detail on delays of the deal, etc didn't help this either. 

Edited by irnbru

22 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Nope, it's really not reasonable any more tbh. They have gone from an idea to having the majority holding in the club within 18 months. The original deal that Golden Casket was terrible: MCT responded to that and changed it. Given the circumstances, we've come out of the Rae era cul de sax relatively unscathed and that's an undoubted success.

That of course doesn't mean that MCT directors get carte blanche to run the club as they want. But the deal is done, they - we - now own the club and so it's absolutely time to be inside that tent in whatever capacity suits you, rather than just carping on the sidelines as before. 

I lost a fair bit of confidence in the competency of MCT over the summer, and until that confidence is regained, I'm holding off. Fair fucks to you and anyone else who are happy to hop onboard now, but it's too soon for me.

58 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Fair enough, we can agree to differ, but I simply don't feel ready to risk my hard-earned cash on a venture that until now has done little to justify it. You obviously do, which is of course your choice, but I'm not there yet.

I don't think it's been a great start but there's been a lot done in a relatively short space of time (along with a pandemic that's been thrown into the mix to make everyone's life more difficult) so give them the benefit of the doubt. 

Going back to my other point though, the judgement shouldn't really be on the people (the model should mean they come and go) but on the structure and how members can get involved. If the collective of fans have an influence then we'd all be happier. 

While I've said a lot has been done, I think one of the main areas for improvement is to focus on the input of members rather than it being an us and them approach like it appears now. For example, if you felt that by joining you had a voice and some influence, you might feel differently but there's been nothing to suggest you would apart from it being something people expect from fan ownership. 

I haven't yet subscribed not because of any reservation over MCT (all of these I've had have been met) and not because I disagree with the model. I haven't subscribed because there's still a ton of hoops for overseas subscribers to jump through that I frankly can't be bothered dealing with; and the Direct Debit system is managed by an individual using a personal email address, rather than something properly governed. It's a Hamilton Accies/Nigerian prince situation waiting to happen, and I'd rather MCT get that sorted before it occurs. If that is done, I'd happily sign up.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

2 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Fair enough, we can agree to differ, but I simply don't feel ready to risk my hard-earned cash on a venture that until now has done little to justify it.

In what way has 'taking over ownership of a football club and its main asset that was circling the drain towards admin no. 2' not justified its purpose until now? 

Seriously, this is just posturing nonsense from yourself right now. See the next time you get up on your high horse about some pointless Belgian outfit and why oh why can't Morton be like them? The mods should just autofix your post by quoting this utter rubbish beneath it every single time. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

9 hours ago, LargsTON said:

Ill be honest.  The only way I fear MCT will take us is on a continual downward spiral.  I've zero faith in the fan ownership model at this level therefore I'm completely underwhelmed.  I'll happily invest if I start seeing signs of progress but I won't hold my breath based on early evidence.

Whatever happened to your sentiment that a shite idea was better than no idea?

*insert signature here*

11 hours ago, TRVMP said:

I haven't yet subscribed not because of any reservation over MCT (all of these I've had have been met) and not because I disagree with the model. I haven't subscribed because there's still a ton of hoops for overseas subscribers to jump through that I frankly can't be bothered dealing with; and the Direct Debit system is managed by an individual using a personal email address, rather than something properly governed. It's a Hamilton Accies/Nigerian prince situation waiting to happen, and I'd rather MCT get that sorted before it occurs. If that is done, I'd happily sign up.

This is something I’ve been pushing to get sorted for some time now and I’ll make sure it’s still being worked on by those involved in that side of things. Thanks for flagging again. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MCT Team said:

Just wanted to say I’m following along with the back and forward. It’s great to see some fans engaged and enthused, and I think we knew there would still be some that weren’t quite on the levels of our almost 900 members yet. 

Anyone from MCT is willing to speak to any fan who has questions about anything, or any fears they’d like to be heard. We may not have been perfect at every step of the way but when things have been raised with us we’ve done our best to sort them as quickly as possible, if we could. 

Our club is now community owned, its debt free, and Cappielow has been retained by the club. Stripping everything else away that’s three huge plus points in my opinion over the space of two and a half years. That hasn’t just been down to those running MCT, it’s been down to the fans who’ve signed up to back MCT and community ownership as the way forward for the club. 

We’re in this for the long haul.

Hear hear absolutely.

An update on the international members issue. Our PayPal account is now membership@mortonclubtogether.co.uk rather than Stewart’s personal account and I’ve asked the team to create the various links required to pay monthly like Motherwell have here. Will give another update when that’s all set up and good to go. 

• Upvote 1

I've hidden a few posts from the ongoing conversation between @capitanus, @Toby and @MCT Team. This was at the request of an individual named in the conversation who has no link to either Morton Club Together, nor Morton FC. The Forum has always been a platform for individuals to ask tough questions of those running the football club, and that is more pertinent than ever given we are now fan owned. However, if named individuals wish to be removed from discussions then that, in this case, supercedes all else. 

In the interest of balance, it's also worth raising that persons named in the previous posts have the right to reply, on the Forum or otherwise. All persons named in the conversation have my contact details. 

Cheers, 

Dean. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LargsTON said:

I can't remember saying that tbh.

Fair enough if it wasnt those exact words, but that was the sentiment from yourself early on whenever the MCT scheme was first launched.  I was critical of the idea and execution of it, and you were critical of me for speaking my mind.  Which you were perfectly entitled to be, however what has brought about the big change in your sentiment recently?

*insert signature here*

4 minutes ago, Admin said:

I've hidden a few posts from the ongoing conversation between @capitanus, @Toby and @MCT Team. This was at the request of an individual named in the conversation who has no link to either Morton Club Together, nor Morton FC. The Forum has always been a platform for individuals to ask tough questions of those running the football club, and that is more pertinent than ever given we are now fan owned. However, if named individuals wish to be removed from discussions then that, in this case, supercedes all else. 

In the interest of balance, it's also worth raising that persons named in the previous posts have the right to reply, on the Forum or otherwise. All persons named in the conversation have my contact details. 

Cheers, 

Dean. 

Aye okay, but tell the individual named that what happened was wrong and that we have his back on this one, as would all fair-minded Morton supporters.

MCT Team can pass this on to Gordon Ritchie too.

*insert signature here*