Morton Club Together Updates - Page 85 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

15 hours ago, RealTonKid said:

The badge looks squinty af on the home shirt here.

The badge has looked squinty to varying degrees on pretty much all fan photos I have seen on twitter.

The fact we have a line of text under the badge on a hooped shirt makes it very noticeable if it's not straight.

Dear Members,

Updates following defeats aren’t easy. Saturday’s result at Firhill was a tough one to take.

We’d like to apologise for the slight delay in this weekly update, and will aim to have another one to you at the tail end of this week.

Takeover Update

Again, thank you for your patience around the finalised takeover. There’s some progress to update on this week. There’s been discussions between both sides legal teams and it's positive to report that all points in the agreement are settled which means the final draft documents are now being prepared. 

This is a big step forward on our march towards community ownership. 

Squad Building

One of the biggest areas of fan discussion at the moment is around the squad and how it’s shaped up heading into the new season. 

We have previously highlighted our desire for the club to be run in a sustainable way, moving from a club that regularly accrues annual losses to one that breaks even, or indeed, makes a profit. As such, we cannot adopt a cavalier approach to squad building and financial management. The future of the squad is largely seen as one that is smaller than previous seasons, consisting of a strong first team backed up by a competitive contingent of young players. 

A budget was produced and a squad structure was agreed upon with the management team. Members of the incoming club board and the management team are in regular communication, processes that weren’t previously there at the club are now in place and discussions are constantly happening to add to the squad. 

We feel the disappointment of fans, we’re fans too. Signing new players is the most exciting thing that happens outwith being at a match. Gavin Reilly has joined the club on a season-long loan deal from Livingston, and Gus has highlighted that we’re in the market for signings and work continues on making those moves happen. While the transfer window does traditionally close, Scottish Championship clubs are able to sign free agents and domestic loans 

MCT Director Vote

We were in touch earlier this week with information on the prospective new MCT directors, and the details on how to vote ahead of our AGM on the 13th of September. Please check back on that email and consider voting if you haven’t yet done so. It remains open until Thursday 9th September.

Thanks,

MCT Comms Team

36 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Appreciate the update from them but I'm more concerned why Dean decided to leave the leadership team over concerns about the direction MCT is going in. 

Guy travels home and away, runs the forum and hosts a Morton podcast so if he's unhappy with things he's seeing behind the scenes then that's a real red flag for me. 

He's not the first of the leadership team to leave citing those sort of reasons either.

48 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Appreciate the update from them but I'm more concerned why Dean decided to leave the leadership team over concerns about the direction MCT is going in. 

Guy travels home and away, runs the forum and hosts a Morton podcast so if he's unhappy with things he's seeing behind the scenes then that's a real red flag for me. 

Aye, a lot of channels that keep the support up to date, etc that could have been made use of. 

Anyother worry is one of the candidates to be a director has put down communications about tickets, etc as a reason to vote him. Not sure anyone has been happy with that so not a good sign if they think that's been well communicated. 

22 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Aye, a lot of channels that keep the support up to date, etc that could have been made use of. 

Anyother worry is one of the candidates to be a director has put down communications about tickets, etc as a reason to vote him. Not sure anyone has been happy with that so not a good sign if they think that's been well communicated. 

Yeah he's the one person I decided to not vote for either way for exactly that reason. Nothing against the guy and if he's voted on to the board then I won't have an issue with it but I couldn't in good conscience vote yes for someone who's supposed credentials were the thing I've had the biggest issue with so far with regards to MCT. 

• Upvote 2

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Totally understand why they can't go into detail but I'm curious as to why there are still points of agreement that need to be legally settled before continuing. I thought all that was done and dusted, and the sticking points were HMRC and then the shepherd's hut. Given that MCT would be getting all of the ground-related assets, and then farming them out to the third-party company, I'm not sure what could have arisen that required a new set of points needing agreement. Have the goalposts shifted again?

And a nit-pick, because why not: given that this is apparently the work of a comms 'team', could one of them consider proofreading it or running it through Grammarly? It's tinpot as fuck, really badly written and with wee mistakes throughout.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png