Morton Club Together Updates - Page 77 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

3 hours ago, pink_panther said:

It ripe for certain individuals to get in and bull dozer the place. No names mentioned as I got into bother the last time

Hopefully whilst you're locked in a cupboard under the stand at the time. 

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

11 hours ago, GiGi said:

Good luck to anyone that it's willing to take on the responsibility of running a championship football club for £30k a year. No suitably experienced candidate will entertain that you'd think.

4 hours ago, TAFKAC said:

This sums it completely.  No one who is even remotely qualified will consider this role.  30 hours a week to run a Championship football club that needs root and branch reform, with a salary of £30k?   I think the advert and the advertised salary have reaffirmed my feeling that this may not end well.

It's not as much about the salary, but about the prestige that such a position would carry amongst the Morton supporters and the Inverclyde community in general.  Granted it is not as grandiose a title as 'Chief Executive' that previous incumbents have had, but nonetheless it would be a coveted title with a blazer and club tie and a seat on the team bus for someone, as well as a decent salary by Inverclyde standards.  With this in mind, I don't think this job is up for grabs to the rank and file punters, any advert for this vacancy is/was a mere box ticking exercise, there will be someone already lined up for this role.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

13 hours ago, GiGi said:

Good luck to anyone that it's willing to take on the responsibility of running a championship football club for £30k a year. No suitably experienced candidate will entertain that you'd think.

Nah, too many hours for someone looking for a good part time wage and not enough money for the type of role for someone who's likely to have experience. 

2 hours ago, irnbru said:

Nah, too many hours for someone looking for a good part time wage and not enough money for the type of role for someone who's likely to have experience. 

Why not tell them that you once ran a supporters trust, that'll make you a shoe-in for thu joab.  :rolleyes:  

Edited by capitanus
  • Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

48 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

Sometimes I wonder if this mob are in cahoots with some people and are deliberately wanting this to fail.they are going the right way about it.

That crossed my mind too.  It's been such a pathetic start its almost laughable.

• Upvote 1

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

On 7/15/2021 at 2:42 PM, irnbru said:

Not necessarily true. I'm sure there will be someone out there who believes that this is the ideal opportunity for them given their current situation. The advert was taken down pretty quickly which suggest they had a big response. Like others I just hope it's not a shoe in with somene already in mind. I'd hate to think that the tail, our major sponsor, was wagging the dog so to speak.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

6 hours ago, port-ton said:

Don't really think shouts of ulterior motives etc are fair at this point, I see it that there's a real noticeable lack of leadership and organisation and with that comes the lack of transparency. They've basically been running the club for most of the year by all accounts so there's really no excuse for it. 

MCT leadership clearly read this forum as they've reacted to posts multiple times by finally communicating a response to the issues laid out, and we on this forum can be known to treat every issue we complain about in equal outrage no matter how big or small it is which was fine before when we were just a rag on the Internet, but in my opinion we all have a part to play in making it more clear between things that annoy us and things that we will not stand for, because I'm sure there are other people like me who have all the best wishes for community ownership and were more than willing to give the benefit of the doubt who are already questioning whether to give MCT my money or not, months sooner than I ever thought I would be willing to consider it, such has been the shambolic leadership and communication. 

We were promised better communication and transparency under this regime but if anything there was more communication during pre seasons in the Rae era as this was the time of year when they needed our money the most. 

Or the blazers can just do their jobs properly, that's also an option. If they're relying on the rag for that they have some serious homework to do, and if they're unable to discern good rag feedback from bad then they should maybe pack it in completely. 

EOho8Pw.png

On 7/16/2021 at 11:05 PM, pink_panther said:

Sometimes I wonder if this mob are in cahoots with some people and are deliberately wanting this to fail.

For what possible reason or gain?

Nah, that's a conspiracy theory too far, I'm pretty sure it's simply down to their erstwhile inexperience in running a professional football club. Which was understandable and fine up to a point, but the really worrying things is that, from the outside looking in at least, there is absolutely no sign that they're learning and improving. Hopefully that will change when the General Manager is in place, but as it's a part-time job I'm not placing any hopes in that either. He or she will have a hell of a job on their hands, turning this shitefest into a efficiently run football club that's fully engaged with the greater fanbase and local community. 

28 minutes ago, Toby said:

Aye, agreed. There’s nothing to suggest these guys have enough between their ears to get involved in something like that.

I've never doubted the integrity of the MCT guys, but it's becoming clearer that running a professional football club is not a job for enthusiastic amateurs in their spare time. Which would be fine if they were actively trying to recruit an experienced full-time CEO to run the club for them on a day-to-day basis. I can't for the life of me see how that could possibly be done by a part-timer on a 30 hour a week contract, 8 hours of which will be spent on match days. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion we're fucked. Not ready yet to throw the towel in completely, there is still time for them to turn this shitefest around and prove us all wrong, but there's very little so far to suggest they have the wherewithal to be able to do that. 

• Upvote 2

My worry for MCT moving forward is how they will appeal to future members, after such an inauspicious start to their tenure (putting it mildly). It seems Mr McLennan was the driving force behind this and momentum was lost when he took ill last year. I wish him well in his continuing recovery.

The ongoing delay in the takeover, the painfully slow recruitment of players, the bizarre back-and-forward with the Tele, the self-imposed deep clean leaves some of us scratching our heads and wondering what is going on over at Cappielow.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, RealTonKid said:

My worry for MCT moving forward is how they will appeal to future members, after such an inauspicious start to their tenure (putting it mildly). It seems Mr McLennan was the driving force behind this and momentum was lost when he took ill last year. I wish him well in his continuing recovery.

The ongoing delay in the takeover, the painfully slow recruitment of players, the bizarre back-and-forward with the Tele, the self-imposed deep clean leaves some of us scratching our heads and wondering what is going on over at Cappielow.

It’s not so much future members I’d be too concerned about- how many current members are going to continue their support of them as they stumble along from one calamity to the next, and treat their membership with utter contempt with their complete lack of communication until absolutely forced?

I’m reluctant to pull the plug on my contribution because I don’t want to be culpable for the death of my club the way so many Rangers fans are, but really grudge putting the likes of Barr and Ritchie in particular in their positions when they clearly couldn’t give a flying fuck what I (or more pertinently, we) think.

I don’t think I’m alone, but I doubt anyone would grudge me considering myself a bit of a die hard- I wonder how many who can take or leave Morton will be quite as sympathetic when it comes to continuing support of this shower.

• Upvote 2

Toby I used to be like you.never missed a game home or away.Dingwall and Inverness midweek. Taking holidays for midweek games. Basically doing whatever it takes to get to the game etc. Now Its just  home games for me or else big away games but even that is becoming a chore and sometimes not bothered about missing some. I'm sure there are still a few good die hard fans similar to yourself but to be fair the club doesnt give a shit about them. I bet most of us have seen Rangers and Celtic more times that some of these hangers ons have seen Morton. Missing your red dots but I see you have an adequate replacement in Captain Anus. 

• Downvote 3