Morton Club Together Updates - Page 76 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

To be clear, the club is defining 30 hours per week in a management function as a "part time role". Unless the General Manager gets to completely sack off a couple of days out of each six day working week (and why would they?) then it's nothing of the sort though. 

Create a mug's vacancy like that and you'll only get a combination of mug/desperate/piss-poor candidates. 

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That sort of salary reflects full time work. What a waste of finances if its a part time role and, as you say, the stick to x amount of days in/out the office whatever way you look at it. 

Sounds to me like some creative wording to entice folk into a "part time" role for what would be considered good money for x amount of hours. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

44 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

30k for a part time role? Lol 

30 hours a week so just about qualifying as part time. 

They'll be working at least 8 hours on match day so 22 hours a week isn't a lot of time for the rest of whatever they need to do. 

9 minutes ago, Boogs49 said:

There's no mention of £30k salary on the advert. I wonder if someone has seen 30 hours and mistakenly read that as £30k?

Erm no:

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/19419828.morton-hire-general-manager-30k-salary/

The advert was also listed in the paper, although no doubt that'll be part of the fake news conspiracy that the Tele is apparently running to bring down the club at the moment. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 minute ago, vikingTON said:

Erm no:

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/19419828.morton-hire-general-manager-30k-salary/

The advert was also listed in the paper, although no doubt that'll be part of the fake news conspiracy that the Tele is apparently running to bring down the club at the moment. 

Apologies hadn't seen that only the update on MCT news which did not mention actual salary.

3 hours ago, vikingTON said:

To be clear, the club is defining 30 hours per week in a management function as a "part time role". Unless the General Manager gets to completely sack off a couple of days out of each six day working week (and why would they?) then it's nothing of the sort though. 

Create a mug's vacancy like that and you'll only get a combination of mug/desperate/piss-poor candidates. 

In my experiance they never are 30hr weeks , you end up getting sucked into the job and working more hours for the same pay.

• Upvote 1
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

2 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Erm no:

I dont think they need the help of the tele to bring the club down

• Downvote 1

£30k to run Morton!?!

Fuck it, I'm throwing my hat in the ring.  I've as much experience as running a football club as Gillian Donaldson or Warren 'thu Hawke' Hawke ever had before they were entrusted with the keys, and I could probably make a better fist of it and I'm not afraid to speak my mind when something is shite.

That'll be the mortgage sorted for the next few years.  :thumbup2:

Next.

*insert signature here*

On 7/12/2021 at 1:15 PM, TONofmemories said:

Legal things take time. It's not uncommon for this sort of thing to take longer than expected to be honest. 

Heard the lawyers are working pro-bono as well which could explain 

Well he's probably trying to save rainforests or Aids or something like that as well.  I'm not concerned.

*insert signature here*

MCT make Basil Fawlty look like Alan Sugar.  A fucking embarassment and confirming my fears that this will lead to our permanent demise.  Get the club on the market for proper football men to run it before it's too late FFS.  This is the pits.

• Upvote 1

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

3 hours ago, LargsTON said:

MCT make Basil Fawlty look like Alan Sugar.  A fucking embarassment and confirming my fears that this will lead to our permanent demise.  Get the club on the market for proper football men to run it before it's too late FFS.  This is the pits.

Welcome back, Boab. :)

The only thing is - who are these 'proper Football men' that you speak of, and are they remotely interested in buying Morton?

The one thing about this MCT outfit taking over, it has removed the albatross of the Rae Family wanting 'their' money back.

*insert signature here*

This £30k 'General Manager' job, is it just me or does anybody else think that there will be somebody already lined up for this role, maybe someone who is already known to the MCT clique. 

Just a wee thought, to spare all the Irnbru's and Hayfever's out there typing up their CV's in a frenzy.  They're not gonna give that cushy number away to someone outwith their own circle.

*insert signature here*

Good luck to anyone that it's willing to take on the responsibility of running a championship football club for £30k a year. No suitably experienced candidate will entertain that you'd think.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

7 hours ago, GiGi said:

Good luck to anyone that it's willing to take on the responsibility of running a championship football club for £30k a year. No suitably experienced candidate will entertain that you'd think.

This sums it completely.  No one who is even remotely qualified will consider this role.  30 hours a week to run a Championship football club that needs root and branch reform, with a salary of £30k?   I think the advert and the advertised salary have reaffirmed my feeling that this may not end well.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

8 hours ago, capitanus said:

Welcome back, Boab. :)

The only thing is - who are these 'proper Football men' that you speak of, and are they remotely interested in buying Morton?

The one thing about this MCT outfit taking over, it has removed the albatross of the Rae Family wanting 'their' money back.

Rae turned down an offer prior to accepting that of MCT.  We've never been told the details of that offer.  Why?  I've always been curious who or whom was behind it, as I'm sure many were.  Now we're left with this shitshow.

• Upvote 1

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"