Morton Club Together Updates - Page 75 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

32 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Having a lessons learned isn't what's being debated here though, is it? I'm sure, as you suggest, the entire process will be reviewed and improvement suggestions will be evaluated and, hopefully, brought forward to the next task.

They're being beat with a stick over something which, by all accounts and from limited experience, is completely out with their control at the moment

The wildly optimistic timetable communicated to the fans was entirely within MCT's control. The radio silence for most of June (and about what exactly was holding things up, until a Crawford Rae interview shed far more light on the ground issue in the Tele last week) was also entirely within their control. It is entirely appropriate for the proprietors of the club to deliver feedback on the piss-poor handling of those elements of the process to MCT; and if that provokes wagon-circling then God help them when they're carrying the can for some haddy manager and first team squad in the years to come. That said, I haven't actually seen any evidence that MCT officials are unhappy with the scrutiny they're under. 

As for being supremely confident that a proper evaluation will take place at GMFC, have you been in a coma for the past twenty years? The mysterious location/fate of the Love Street stand is going to left for archaeologists to discover at this rate. The culture of management at GMFC will not change without a conscious and consistent effort to implement exactly those sort of practices. This is a test and the onus is on MCT to practice in a rigorous and honest internal assessment what they have preached so far. 

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

5 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

On that note, I think yesterday's email to the membership was well written and informative. It spelled out who will be on the new BoD without having to wait for the takeover to be formalized. It spelled out that the previously-named working group is effectively running the show right now, and also that there's 850 members and 600 STs sold so far.

You think, only three out of the six directors appear to have any role and responsibility at the club.

Gordon Ritchie 

After the appointment of a new general manager, Gordon will return to his intended role as legal advisor to the board.

Graham Barr

Graham will be the representative on the board tasked with engaging with the club’s new General Manager on the marketing, communications, and commercial elements of the club.

Nick Robinson

Since then, he has modernised nearly every part of the club’s back-office function and has been actively involved in most aspects of the operation of the club.

Not sure what the other three are doing.

The only person that would appear to have a clearly documented role and responsibilty is the still to be appointed General Manager. 

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

18 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

The wildly optimistic timetable communicated to the fans was entirely within MCT's control. The radio silence for most of June (and about what exactly was holding things up, until a Crawford Rae interview shed far more light on the ground issue in the Tele last week) was also entirely within their control. It is entirely appropriate for the proprietors of the club to deliver feedback on the piss-poor handling of those elements of the process to MCT; and if that provokes wagon-circling then God help them when they're carrying the can for some haddy manager and first team squad in the years to come. That said, I haven't actually seen any evidence that MCT officials are unhappy with the scrutiny they're under. 

As for being supremely confident that a proper evaluation will take place at GMFC, have you been in a coma for the past twenty years? The mysterious location/fate of the Love Street stand is going to left for archaeologists to discover at this rate. The culture of management at GMFC will not change without a conscious and consistent effort to implement exactly those sort of practices. This is a test and the onus is on MCT to practice in a rigorous and honest internal assessment what they have preached so far. 

Tiresome. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

28 minutes ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

You think, only three out of the six directors appear to have any role and responsibility at the club.

Gordon Ritchie 

After the appointment of a new general manager, Gordon will return to his intended role as legal advisor to the board.

Graham Barr

Graham will be the representative on the board tasked with engaging with the club’s new General Manager on the marketing, communications, and commercial elements of the club.

Nick Robinson

Since then, he has modernised nearly every part of the club’s back-office function and has been actively involved in most aspects of the operation of the club.

The only person that would appear to have a clearly documented role and responsibilty is the still to be appointed General Manager. 

Not every member of the BoD needs to be a minister with a portfolio. I don't regard this, necessarily, as a problem.

I also think separating the GM position and its tasks from the executive is a very good idea.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

If certain fans won't be pleased no matter what, that's one thing. To say on the other hand that this failure to communicate and plan effectively would have had the same reaction - from everyone - if it were 100% reversed is just wishful thinking. Why do anything at all if the outcome is identical no matter what?

I'm not saying 100% one way or the other. There was a lot of pressure on here to get things done quickly, and suggestions we won't be ready for the start of the season on the pitch as well as off, even a suggestion we'd be better off relegated due to the shortage of time to build a squad. I accept not meeting the date would attract a higher percentage of criticism than setting a later date. I'm saying they would have been critisised either way.

1 hour ago, gmfc23 said:

See that's where I disagree these initial mistakes should never have been made in the first place. Some on the mct board have been fans for a long time by there own admission. They've seen the levels of incompetence first hand for 20 years at this club n have continued in that vein by not hitting the ground running just about everything has been delayed tops tickets takeover n the silence is deafening from a communications point aswell. 

It was impossible to hit the ground running in the circumstances. Similar to building the football team, the new board also have to develop relationships as a team, which can take weeks or months. Sir Alex Ferguson took 7 years to get Man Utd to be the team he wanted, Gerard took 3 years with Rangers. Anything worthwhile always takes time and patience, anything rushed with a short term mentality usually turns to mush. 

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

Will they be more likely to both identify and learn from mistakes based on open scrutiny and an honest assessment of what did not go according to plan, or from a 'nothing to see here, this happens all the time' exercise in whataboutery and buck-passing? 

Nobody is calling for heads to be delivered on pikes, but the idea that they're going to get a free pass on this one for being newbies is categorically wrong. Whether you or I or MCT like it or not, the clock has been ticking on the credibility of the new ownership since the end of April. There is no beginner's shot at this.

The part in bold VT, I believe they will follow that process, however if they don't then I would need to reluctantly agree with most your assertions.

1 hour ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

Gordon Ritchie 

Graham Barr

Nick Robinson

For a part time role, the General Manager is going to be under a lot of pressure for not particularly high reward. 

Hopefully we employ another few staff to support them. 

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree said:

It was impossible to hit the ground running in the circumstances. Similar to building the football team, the new board also have to develop relationships as a team, which can take weeks or months. Sir Alex Ferguson took 7 years to get Man Utd to be the team he wanted, Gerard took 3 years with Rangers. Anything worthwhile always takes time and patience, anything rushed with a short term mentality usually turns to mush. 

That's all well and good but feguson didn't go in stating this n that would be achieved by a certain date so that is at the very least a poor example. 

I'm starting to fear that Morton will be run like a bowling club. Anytime I've been at the club there are people wandering about, I'm sure they are MCT people, but to a stranger they could be anybody. It just looks so unprofessional not the image the club should be projecting. And not having a chairman just look like virtue signalling. Look at us we don't need a chairman we are fan owned. C'mon guys get your act together. At least the guys from Gateside Prison who were painting had Morton gear on and looked like they belonged at the club. 

Here's hoping the the GM is allowed to set some standards for the folk who are going to be there on an ongoing basis. 

Let me just say that any time I've been there Brendan looks the part.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

8 hours ago, pink_panther said:

Looked there, saw that. That was 24th June. Trump spoke about an email to members recently

6 hours ago, Cappiecat 1.2 said:

Did ye, aye?

The article in the link is from July 12th.

The article was previously showing a date stamp of June 24th but it was the same actual text sent out this weekend.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

5 hours ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

Here's hoping the the GM is allowed to set some standards for the folk who are going to be there on an ongoing basis. 

I'd be surprised if someone who was willing to take on the role on a "part time" basis for £30k a year will either have the gumption or the leverage to do so. 

Another day, another 'learning opportunity' for the club to evaluate in the form of the Tele/postponement shitshow. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are