Morton Club Together Updates - Page 72 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

On 6/28/2021 at 8:00 PM, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Would it be cheeky to ask what club you have fan ownership experience with, and what your roles are/were?

I've been in ticketing in various roles since 2006, and was Head of Ticketing & Retail for Exeter City for 3 years until early 2020.

Majority owned by their supporter trust for the last 20 years or so; they took over after dodgy directors bled the club dry and left them in a financial mess.

On 6/28/2021 at 9:22 PM, capitanus said:

ERRA MATCHDAY PROGRAMMES

:D :thumbup2: :D

Best goddamn programme seller in the league I was.

• Upvote 1

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Will MCT be consulting with fans on the colt proposals at any point? Clubs have reportedly been given until next Wednesday to give initial feedback on whether they'd back it before it moves to a vote, so if they're planning to get the views of their members and fans to confirm that a resounding no is the only acceptable answer, they need to get a move on.

• Upvote 2

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

8 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

Will MCT be consulting with fans on the colt proposals at any point? Clubs have reportedly been given until next Wednesday to give initial feedback on whether they'd back it before it moves to a vote, so if they're planning to get the views of their members and fans to confirm that a resounding no is the only acceptable answer, they need to get a move on.

But surely you can’t assume we’ll just automatically all vote no?

• Downvote 2

9 hours ago, hayfever said:

I've been in ticketing in various roles since 2006, and was Head of Ticketing & Retail for Exeter City for 3 years until early 2020.

Majority owned by their supporter trust for the last 20 years or so; they took over after dodgy directors bled the club dry and left them in a financial mess.

Best goddamn programme seller in the league I was.

Ahh, so you were the "Ah huvnae got any change" guy?

Good comeback :thumbup2:

*insert signature here*

I heard something on the radio about this proposed reconstruction.  I am open minded about the idea of increasing the number of clubs to 48, but none of those 48 should be OF colt teams.  Would also like to know how 12 team leagues would work as to get around 36 games would be difficult unless there was some sort of split part way through the season.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

I heard something on the radio about this proposed reconstruction.  I am open minded about the idea of increasing the number of clubs to 48, but none of those 48 should be OF colt teams.  Would also like to know how 12 team leagues would work as to get around 36 games would be difficult unless there was some sort of split part way through the season.

Would like to know why we need more teams as opposed to less in the SPFL first.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

On 7/1/2021 at 5:14 PM, DreamOakTree said:

But surely you can’t assume we’ll just automatically all vote no?

Isn't that why he said there should be consultation so what he thinks is confirmed? 

On 7/1/2021 at 8:13 PM, RealTonKid said:

Can someone tell Hector to get a move on, or is he still sifting through the charred remains that were Rangers 2012.

According to the previous update HMRC aren't the issue any more, it is 'lawyers ticking boxes', which has now taken nearly a full month to complete. I certainly hope that we are not paying by the hour for this exercise or else someone needs their arse booted.

We are now 33 days past the completion date that was set. The whole season ticket setup is currently almost as shambolic as before. The new kit looks decent but customers can't get their hands on it for another 7 weeks. Meanwhile our first team might have ditched the quantity from last season but quite where the quality is coming from remains a mystery.

To have some of these issues is to be expected (and indeed was reason 1A why our 'crucial' league survival was nothing of the sort). To encounter all of them and have not one single big ticket item progress smoothly across the finishing line yet is not an encouraging start. 

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

According to the previous update HMRC aren't the issue any more, it is 'lawyers ticking boxes', which has now taken nearly a full month to complete. I certainly hope that we are not paying by the hour for this exercise or else someone needs their arse booted.

We are now 33 days past the completion date that was set. The whole season ticket setup is currently almost as shambolic as before. The new kit looks decent but customers can't get their hands on it for another 7 weeks. Meanwhile our first team might have ditched the quantity from last season but quite where the quality is coming from remains a mystery.

To have some of these issues is to be expected (and indeed was reason 1A why our 'crucial' league survival was nothing of the sort). To encounter all of them and have not one single big ticket item progress smoothly across the finishing line yet is not an encouraging start. 

The last of my 24 monthly payments is coming out in the next couple of days too with no word on renewing, etc. 

Would imagine a lot of people are the same around now and the payments will just end so not sure how that will affect our budget. 

I guess people could just sign up again although personally, I'm holding off until we know more about where the money will be going now and who's responsible for it. 

This server could not prove that it is themortonforum.com; its security certificate expired in the last day. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Saturday, 3 July 2021. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.

Proceed to themortonforum.com (unsafe)

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, pink_panther said:

This server could not prove that it is themortonforum.com; its security certificate expired in the last day. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Saturday, 3 July 2021. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.

Proceed to themortonforum.com (unsafe)

I'm getting the same thing

It's still faceless and nameless, as is the email I received this morning about continuing direct debits. If that doesn't change by the time we kick a competitive ball I will probably just cancel it

• Upvote 2

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 hour ago, irnbru said:

Not too sure about the deemed acceptance approach to setting up open ended direct debits for membership rather than getting an explicit instruction either.

That too. We'd like to continue taking your money so please respond with your permission to do so - would be better than please respond if you want to opt out.

onsP5NR.jpg