Morton Club Together Updates - Page 69 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

2 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

VT/Toby, the truth is I can’t balance it out as there is more cause for concern than positivity. I was asking for “some” balance by adding some potentially encouraging signs, as I’m finding the one way negativity almost overwhelming, even if most of it is well founded. My big hope is that one or two of you guys on here who articulate the club’s flaws so well, become directors then we can be sure those flaws will all disappear rapidly.

'Well you couldn't do any better' has always, and will always be, the retort of the absolute moron.

• Upvote 2

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

15 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Or perhaps you can stand for directorship and pitch your talents to the membership who will actually own the club, rather than trying to worm your way straight into the club tie set.

As someone with the relevant experience they are looking for, and a lack of ties in his wardrobe, I am considering it yes. 

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

26 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Not sure, but some of his former work might answer the question of who sanctioned the Lithgow signing.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/paisley-football-coach-cleared-abusing-11987717

Everyone deserves a defence in court, no matter how abhorrent the crime they're accused of.

• Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

Don't disagree, and seemingly a good one at that seeing as he got him off.

Seemingly the guy was found guilty at a separate trial earlier this year. Awful stuff.

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Not sure, but some of his former work might answer the question of who sanctioned the Lithgow signing.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/paisley-football-coach-cleared-abusing-11987717

Criminal Defence Lawyers by their very nature deal with all sorts of dregs from humanity - whether it's Paedophiles, Murderers, Arsonists, Rapists, Drug Pushers, Pimps, Prostitutes etc. The list goes on.  It's a job to them.  It doesn't mean that he's a bad guy just because some of his clients are not squeaky clean.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

8 hours ago, hayfever said:

As someone with the relevant experience they are looking for, and a lack of ties in his wardrobe, I am considering it yes. 

So why were you harrumphing about not being appointed to the role instead?

This isn't the Russian White Army; you don't get a uniform and commission over the plebs just for turning up.

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Dear Members,

We wanted to provide an update to all members on the current situation.

We will be announcing the members of the new MCT majority Greenock Morton club board as soon as the takeover is complete.  However, we can confirm that members of the MCT board and the wider MCT team have been actively involved in the day-to-day running of the club during the close season.  

This has included supporting the process for ensuring the stadium and club are compliant ahead of the new season, getting season tickets planned and launched, preparing to launch new strips next week and supporting the kit man role while the recruitment process concludes to fill the role.  In addition to this, the team of staff at the club are working extremely hard behind the scenes which we are very grateful for.

In terms of a decision-making process, a budget has been produced by a team of four chartered accountants and a squad structure agreed with the management team.  The squad building is ongoing and while it can be frustrating waiting for signing news, the management team are working extremely hard behind the scenes.

From a takeover point of view, frustratingly the position remains the same in that we are waiting for the lawyers to conclude the final details.  Once again, we would like to apologise that this hasn’t been concluded to date and assure you that we are doing all we can to make it happen as quickly as possible.

We would also like to highlight our new MCT website which has launched last night and can be viewed here.  Our previous website had been in operation from day one of MCT, and we are delighted to have been able to give it an upgrade.  

Thanks,

MCT Team

1) All of those activities behind the scenes are what any competent football club does every summer without breaking sweat or failing to complete other basic tasks in the process. For a group that has been committed to ownership of the club for quite some time, there's a distinct tone of self-pity setting in regarding the effort of day to day management. 

And if MCT and/or GMFC could sign off on a two year deal for the management team no questions asked, then it could also have appointed a chief executive on any length of contract to execute those backroom tasks and keep the club ticking over instead. 

2) The takeover position hasn't remained the same, because it started off as 'HMRC is looking over it, otherwise it's done' and then it was 'just a box-ticking exercise, over in a few days'. Now we are waiting with no definitive final date for lawyers to stop being lawyers. On this point at least I'm sure that MCT are as if not more frustrated than the fanbase as a whole, but this is a textbook case of why overpromising and underdelivering is not a good look. 

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The budget being produced by a team of four Chartered Accountants is not a meeting I would want to be at.

As for the rest fair enough but remember it was MCT who trumpeted from the sidelines they would be better than what had gone before and so far has too often lapsed into the same failings as the Rae regime and GMST in terms of communication and transparency. Still no explanation for the debacle the other night - if you want to build trust at least the fans deserve honesty. As for deadlines why offer up dates if they are not in your control?

I don't doubt people are working hard in the background but if they choose to make promises they have to deliver.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, vikingTON said:

So why were you harrumphing about not being appointed to the role instead?

This isn't the Russian White Army; you don't get a uniform and commission over the plebs just for turning up.

Whenever there is the changing of guard there is always someone that tries to weasel their way in on the coat tails of others.  Why shouldn't Hayfever try what others would, and succeed?

*insert signature here*

This has included supporting the process for ensuring the stadium and club are compliant ahead of the new season, getting season tickets planned and launched, preparing to launch new strips next week and supporting the kit man role while the recruitment process concludes to fill the role.  In addition to this, the team of staff at the club are working extremely hard behind the scenes which we are very grateful for.

The deadline for a "kit manager" was over a fortnight ago. There seems to be a lot of dithering and navel-gazing going on, when we simply don't have the time to chin stroke and ponder.

14 hours ago, BishopBrennan said:

'Well you couldn't do any better' has always, and will always be, the retort of the absolute moron.

Believe it or not I was being genuine. From my own work experience I know that if you can identify the weaknesses so clearly, then if given the opportunity you will know how to fix them. I read every word of the posts, negative or positive, and this is what I based my assertions on regarding the several fans I’m referring to.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Signed off “MCT Team” again, anonymity before accountability.

They must think we’re fucking stupid.

Agree with this. Even if they just signed it off 'Gordon, on behalf of MCT directors' or whoever it is, and who it is actually on behalf of. I doubt the entire MCT team are contributing to the content of the emails.

Not a huge thing but I agree we should know who the emails are coming from.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Four chartered accountants.

The whole fucking point of this was that they wanted to maximize revenue. That means getting kits out, getting the commercial aspect sorted, so on and so forth, not having the finest beancounting minds look at the budget sheet and say "aye, pay them peanuts."

• Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png