Morton Club Together Updates - Page 67 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

12 hours ago, capitanus said:

The bit at the end - he's young, intelligent, well educated, articulate, been going to Morton games for years and is in touch with the views and concerns of the rank-and-file support who aren't chumming up to Crawford in the hospitality lounges.  I would happily suggest that Craig Dunning is actually a very decent shout to be involved on the board of MCT in some capacity, but I think that your comments was more of a sneer rather than a recommendation.

Definitely not a sneer, I genuinely think Dunning would be an excellent appointment, he knows what the fans want and expect, he's passionate about Morton and would add great value to the MCT leadership.

• Upvote 2

There’s a lot of negativity here, maybe with some justifiable concerns. However this doesn’t seem to be balanced out with Comments on what MCT have done well to date. I realise it gets in the way of criticism but there’s some valid points to be made:

1. On the delayed takeover, MCT have clearly stayed this was a HMRC delay which has now been cleared and the MCT Lawyers are now ironing out the fine details.

2. On whether MCT is run by Morton Fans, they’ve just clearly stated that 2 of the Directors are stepping down, having carried out their duties in helping set up the takeover, to be replaced by two members, with an invitation to Morton fans with memberships to apply.

3. On lack of communication with fans, they’ve announced there will be an AGM in August where all members can have they’re say.

Considering MCT haven’t officially taken over yet, is it just me or are the points above signs of attempts to improve fan involvement and communication?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, Boogs49 said:

Definitely not a sneer, I genuinely think Dunning would be an excellent appointment, he knows what the fans want and expect, he's passionate about Morton and would add great value to the MCT leadership.

Fair enough Danny, I thought that was you having a dig at him.

That's all.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

17 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

I've spent far too much time calling various players and fans arseholes over a period of several years to be given any kind of position of responsibility, frankly.

Strong disagree. People are allowed to change. If you're at all interested in the role you should go for it. 

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

NB: On point 1), the idea that MCT stating 'ach HMRC are holding this up, it'll be done soon' three and a half weeks counts as acceptable communication is incorrect. That was the original story, then it was a 'box-ticking exercise', yet no further progress has been communicated since.

Even within the bounds of a legal transaction there are no prizes being awarded for openness and transparency about this delay. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

One thing that presumably isn't contingent on the handover is the kit launch. I'm at least pleasantly surprised that we're far from alone in having nothing to show yet:

edit: LOL never mind we're miles behind - Morton Club Together Updates - Page 68 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com

Only three clubs have a kit actually in the shop able to be collected, and in one of those cases it's only the away kit.

We were 8th out of the blocks with the season ticket launch and hopefully we'll be a bit further ahead in the pack for the kits.

image.png

Edited by TRVMP
  • Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png

12 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Credit where it's due - at a very quick glance at each page, this looks great and loads fast on both desktop and mobile. A significant improvement on the previous site.

How long will it stay that way though?  Apathy is the killer of everything related to Morton.  How many times have we been here, the announcement of a new website, it looks good and everything seems promising, and within the space of a month you can virtually hear "fuck it" and "can't be arsed anymore" any time you visit it afterwards.  

Sorry if I can't get excited about this, but there it is.

*insert signature here*

40 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Credit where it's due - at a very quick glance at each page, this looks great and loads fast on both desktop and mobile. A significant improvement on the previous site.

Although, the fact that the 'latest news' is Gus and Andy getting appointed says a lot really...

Screenshot_20210623-201150_Chrome.jpg

Agree with much of what’s been said previously, won’t repeat it foo much. It’s very early days and I’m still reasonably confident things will improve, but it’s not a great start in terms of comms is it? 

We had the swanky video for the season ticket launch - but what have we actually done to drive that since? I can’t think of anything across the limited channels we use. I’m honestly baffled as of to how we’d come into this with basically nothing? There’s the #NothingWithoutYou hashtag, but the fuck does that even mean? We’ve not posted anything with it since the 9th of June. 

Transfer of ownership issues should’ve had no impact on a campaign that should’ve been planned our months ago - and I don’t understand why our socials output at such a critical time for selling kits/STs/hospitality/advertising/MCT membership is still as limited. Few things in the takeover are going to be done with the flick of a switch, but that really needed to be one of them. 

Again, early days -not hanging them out to dry or anything but we needed to hit the ground running in regards to our marketing and comms and just haven’t. 

• Upvote 2

Just looked at the new site again. The volunteer team seems to be massive. Not necessarily a bad thing but I'd be surprised if it was particularly cohesive.

And is Gordon Ritchie ever going to make himself known? Lord Lucan's posed for a photo more recently than he has.

• Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png

4 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Just looked at the new site again. The volunteer team seems to be massive. Not necessarily a bad thing but I'd be surprised if it was particularly cohesive.

And is Gordon Ritchie ever going to make himself known? Lord Lucan's posed for a photo more recently than he has.

I (believe) he’s the one that’s the spitting image of Harold Shipman. There may be method to the madness. 

VT/Toby, the truth is I can’t balance it out as there is more cause for concern than positivity. I was asking for “some” balance by adding some potentially encouraging signs, as I’m finding the one way negativity almost overwhelming, even if most of it is well founded. My big hope is that one or two of you guys on here who articulate the club’s flaws so well, become directors then we can be sure those flaws will all disappear rapidly.

• Downvote 3