Morton Club Together Updates - Page 66 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

1 hour ago, Madton said:

Not arsed about the takeover, they are/have been in charge for awhile now so it will go through eventually.

It's the lack of comms on everything and anything else which is pissing me off.

Delay on season tickets, strips nowhere to be seen, still not confirmed any pre-season games, still not confirmed Colville is away. Where is Butler? Anton away? Delay in bringing in a general manager/CEO, the pathetic 2 minute interviews with Gus talking about nothing, brought in 1 new player in a month, website lacking updates all over the shop( have a look at the 1st team squad), the lack of excitement in anything we do, no teasers, no buzz on social media, the list goes on and on.

Despite banging on about communication, they are just as bad, if not worse than the old regime.

Don't need a takeover to go through to keep the fans, who are paying large sums into the club through MCT and season tickets,  fully informed and up to date.

I feel for Kingy who is trying his best to appease us the best he can.

We should all be collectively buzzing about a new campaign under fan ownership, but instead most fans are absolutely scunnered already, classic bloody Morton.

Sadly it's as I expected.  Fan ownership is the end for us.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

It's been three weeks since the date mooted as the official takeover date passed, there's been a couple of updates telling us why that hasn't happened yet and we know they are working on it, and you think the club is going to go out of existence because they haven't provided more updates? 

Would you like an update to say there's no news?

These are essentially volunteers setting this up so I think we can probably show a bit of patience to let the thing happen before getting all woe is me about it.

• Downvote 3

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

8 hours ago, hayfever said:

It's been three weeks since the date mooted as the official takeover date passed, there's been a couple of updates telling us why that hasn't happened yet and we know they are working on it, and you think the club is going to go out of existence because they haven't provided more updates? 

Would you like an update to say there's no news?

These are essentially volunteers setting this up so I think we can probably show a bit of patience to let the thing happen before getting all woe is me about it.

I've been involved in lots of change programmes. One of the important ways to keep stakeholders on board is to tell them regularly what is going on and be honest when there is nothing new to tell them.   It's not rocket science; not being honest and transparent about the reasons for no news allows others to fill the gap with rumour and innuendo.  

• Upvote 2

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

I'm glad that the pre season schedule has been announced but I really hope that the new era will stop us being such a reactionary club. We've suffered decades of fans having to moan about simple stuff before someone at the club notices and next thing you know we've got an update on it. 

There's a lot of nonsense to filter out if your strategy is constantly to look at Morton fans opinions online and give them the information they deserve based on that rather than proactively having a transparent and healthy relationship between board and fans where the decision makers naturally understand how fans feel and are providing information before it gets to the point of just to appease disgruntled fans. 

Maybe I am naive but I figured the one major benefit of fan ownership is that the people running the club would be on the same wavelength as fans and right now it feels like there is a disconnect between the two key stakeholders that can only be sorted with clear and regular proactive communication.

• Upvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

3 hours ago, port-ton said:

I'm glad that the pre season schedule has been announced but I really hope that the new era will stop us being such a reactionary club. We've suffered decades of fans having to moan about simple stuff before someone at the club notices and next thing you know we've got an update on it. 

There's a lot of nonsense to filter out if your strategy is constantly to look at Morton fans opinions online and give them the information they deserve based on that rather than proactively having a transparent and healthy relationship between board and fans where the decision makers naturally understand how fans feel and are providing information before it gets to the point of just to appease disgruntled fans. 

Maybe I am naive but I figured the one major benefit of fan ownership is that the people running the club would be on the same wavelength as fans and right now it feels like there is a disconnect between the two key stakeholders that can only be sorted with clear and regular proactive communication.

There's no evidence that the people actually running the club are fans, because it's not known who is running the club. (Graeme aside, whose bona fides I don't think should be questioned. I don't think we'd have got this far were he not sincere. But he's only one man.) Accordingly there's no reason to assume they'd be on the same wavelength.

My initial feeling is that the new blazers are much like the old blazers in that they regard the support as, at best, a necessary evil.

EOho8Pw.png

7 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

We don't need a daily update saying "there is no news" like a Fast Show sketch. We do need a hell of a lot more than a couple of updates amounting to 'no news yet, stick with us' over the course of three weeks. Your emphasis on three weeks seems to suggest it's an insignificant amount of time, as opposed to a massive chunk of the summer when football clubs should be generating excitement. It's considerably more important to get communication right over a summer where we transition to new ownership and first impressions are formed in the support.

I can accept that the hold up with HMRC was genuinely unforeseen and for whatever reason can't be helped, and I'm sure the delay doesn't mean anyone is just sitting twiddling their thumbs waiting for things to be finalised. They must be carrying on with things and preparing for the season exactly as they would have been had it been finalised, but the fact is we're just having to guess that ourselves because by and large we haven't been told anything.

Obviously they've set a budget for the manager and put season tickets on sale (with an excellent offer and incentive for membership in there which deserves praise), but we literally have no idea who's running the club. There's no good reason for that to be the case. The delay to the takeover is no reason not to give us more information and if anything it makes it more important to do so when a delay was always going to raise questions among the support. Graham Barr's interview was good but we're still lacking any real information.

We know who the MCT leadership team are, but we have no idea who is going to be on the board of directors of GMFC. We need to be told that to have even a pretence of transparency or accountability, immediately. Nothing fancy, just a couple of a paragraphs telling us who they are and what their role is. I'm sure everyone involved is extremely busy but getting someone to prepare a brief summary like that, stick it on both the GMFC & MCT websites and tweet it out is not going to be time consuming and expecting it is not remotely unreasonable. It's genuinely ridiculous have a fans group taking over the club and said fans group not even telling their membership or the wider support who the Chairman's going to be.

This is the point where the well meaning volunteer line needs to stop as well: they are running a professional football club, not a primary school tuck shop. There is a valid point here that the relationship between the club under Golden Casket and the support was toxic for so long that fans maybe do need to adjust away from assuming the worst of the club all the time as we have no reason to assume bad faith on MCT's part where we did with the Raes, so they should often be given the benefit of the doubt where the reflex might be to say something is typical Morton. I would say though that there's more than enough evidence the benefit of the doubt is being given with the support showing a significant amount of goodwill and patience in not losing the head about the lack of information right now.

However, it simply won't do to have every question or criticism fobbed off with "they're just volunteers" or "they're only taking over the club this summer." Again, those facts make it much more important to get things right. If they follow up on a delay to the takeover going through far beyond their self-imposed date with a continued lack of transparency about who's actually on the board and making decisions at the football club, then the strips don't emerge for weeks etc, the fact they're volunteers and have just taken over doesn't give them a pass on getting those things wrong.

Those are all things which are firmly in their control regardless of how long they've been running the club, as opposed to something like the online ticketing where you can't reasonably expect a replacement for Interstadia to be found in five minutes. If they demonstrate competence straight away then it goes a long way to establishing confidence in MCT. If their first summer sees them getting all these things wrong then the first impression the support get of their ownership makes fans question their competence, damages their credibility and some supporters will be sceptical whether they're the right people to be running the club.

AGM to be held near the end of August and important news about Directors

It is important to highlight that two of our current directors will be standing down at the AGM as per our Articles, and we are keen that members are given the opportunity to replace these Directors. Any member can stand as a Director of MCT. To commence the process, we would ask any interested member to send a note of interest, along with an introductory bio or CV, to business@mortonclubtogether.co.uk by Saturday 10th July 2021.  

Hope you will be applying Dunning

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Boogs49 said:

AGM to be held near the end of August and important news about Directors

It is important to highlight that two of our current directors will be standing down at the AGM as per our Articles, and we are keen that members are given the opportunity to replace these Directors. Any member can stand as a Director of MCT. To commence the process, we would ask any interested member to send a note of interest, along with an introductory bio or CV, to business@mortonclubtogether.co.uk by Saturday 10th July 2021.  

Hope you will be applying Dunning

The bit at the end - he's young, intelligent, well educated, articulate, been going to Morton games for years and is in touch with the views and concerns of the rank-and-file support who aren't chumming up to Crawford in the hospitality lounges.  I would happily suggest that Craig Dunning is actually a very decent shout to be involved on the board of MCT in some capacity, but I think that your comments was more of a sneer rather than a recommendation.

• Upvote 2

*insert signature here*

I've spent far too much time calling various players and fans arseholes over a period of several years to be given any kind of position of responsibility, frankly.

• Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

21 hours ago, TRVMP said:

The date wasn't mooted. It was stated. If MCT are already rewriting history that's a very, very bad sign. We've seen how it goes when the club owner's word is law and his version of the past is reality. It's not pretty. Therefore, cut it out with the fancy words mate, tell it like it is: the takeover date went tits up. 

Accordingly, I'd quite like an update to say there's no news on the two items they are three and two-and-a-half weeks behind on, yes. And given that they're volunteers who are in a very privileged position of running a football club - something that normally takes a five or six figure investment of one's own money to do - perhaps they could condescend to the proles every now and again, yes. This point is absolutely key - if the volunteers don't want to be there and feel they're put-upon, they need to step down immediately because there are many, many well-qualified people who'd jump at the chance to direct Morton.

Per my earlier post I don't think this is the biggest deal in the world right now, but if MCT start getting complacent and think that because they're volunteers they don't have to stick to dates (that they themselves set) or otherwise run the club professionally, the game's up before it begins. 

No more sob stories, no more poor wee MCT excuses. Many of us read the document they prepared before taking over. They volunteered the information that they had to prove readiness to Crawford and Nick. Well, they signed off on it. Now is the time to prove it. Well-meaning, mope-faced amateurism isn't good enough and the club is badly served by those pretending that it is. 

See the season ticket launch. It was later than would be ideal, yes. But in the end it was a well-thought-out package at a reasonable price. More of that, please, less of the excuses. 

Is there any indication that any of these highlighted parts are the case or are we just inventing scenarios about the people involved?

I agree more communication is important but for a poster to be forecasting the end of the football club because there haven't been more updates about who is running the club is just madness.

I'm not necessarily defending the incumbents - I contacted them after the takeover was first announced to offer some existence or advice, given I'd spent 3 years working for a supporter owned football club and thought my experiences would be extremely relevant, but after being cc'd into some sort working group email I haven't heard anything since...maybe they think they know better?

Edited by hayfever

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

6 hours ago, hayfever said:

for a poster to be forecasting the end of the football club because there haven't been more updates about who is running the club is just madness.

That's not what happened though. I am sure said poster has taken that opinion about the fan ownership scheme from the start, as he is perfectly entitled to do.

The warning signs of late, have merely compounded his viewpoint.

6 hours ago, hayfever said:

I'm not necessarily defending the incumbents - I contacted them after the takeover was first announced to offer some existence or advice, given I'd spent 3 years working for a supporter owned football club and thought my experiences would be extremely relevant, but after being cc'd into some sort working group email I haven't heard anything since...maybe they think they know better?

Or perhaps you can stand for directorship and pitch your talents to the membership who will actually own the club, rather than trying to worm your way straight into the club tie set.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

8 hours ago, hayfever said:

Is there any indication that any of these highlighted parts are the case or are we just inventing scenarios about the people involved?

I agree more communication is important but for a poster to be forecasting the end of the football club because there haven't been more updates about who is running the club is just madness.

ERRA MATCHDAY PROGRAMMES

:lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

*insert signature here*