Morton Club Together Updates - Page 65 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

26 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Once again -

This is a bit fucking rich from a guy that was the chairman of a Supporters Trust that never bothered to communicate to any supporters for years.

Well you know who I am don't you? Who's in charge of running the club that people are paying nearly £300 to for season tickets?

• Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Well you know who I am don't you? Who's in charge of running the club that people are paying nearly £300 to for season tickets?

Of course I know who you are.  Why am I somehow responsible for answering your questions?  Surely they would be better directed at the MCT board instead of just asking on an open forum and hoping for the best.  

Next.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

9 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Of course I know who you are.  Why am I somehow responsible for answering your questions?  Surely they would be better directed at the MCT board instead of just asking on an open forum and hoping for the best.  

Next.

Might as well shut the message board down then, eh? 

5 hours ago, HamCam said:

You sound like an amalgamation of Hugh Scott and DDFR with that offering.

He sounds very much like someone that is looking to find fault with the new owners at the first opportunity.

I'll be one of the first to admit that I was perhaps one of the most critical of MCT in their infancy, and I will stand by my comments of calling it a harebrained, back of fag packet idea where someone that came out of nowhere with 'ivry buddy chips in munny' as a solution to Crawfordjag pleading poverty, but I've got to give them credit where its due as they managed to achieve in eighteen months something that the GMST couldn't do in nearly two decades, despite having hundreds of thousands of pounds 'donated' to them with countless fundraisers, loan note holders etc.  They even managed to do it in an era blighted by a global pandemic too.

As for shouting about accountability, where was Irnbru or any of his predecessors at GMST in holding DDFR or laterly Crawfordjag to account for the way they were managing the club?

Edited by capitanus
  • Upvote 2

*insert signature here*

I'm also critical of MCT and I think there are some alarm bells going off, but I agree with the above. At the absolute minimum they deserve the same benefit of the doubt afforded the previous incumbents. The BoD has changed several times over the past few years and it hasn't been greeted with the same level of concern. And in the past few years the supposed club owner, Crawford, has been completely gelded by the Raetriarch in any case. It's fine to ask who's pulling the strings but let's at least try to be consistent about it. If it wasn't a problem ninety days ago, why's it a problem now? How about we wait for the ink to dry and see where we are? 

• Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png

2 hours ago, TRVMP said:

I'm also critical of MCT and I think there are some alarm bells going off, but I agree with the above. At the absolute minimum they deserve the same benefit of the doubt afforded the previous incumbents. The BoD has changed several times over the past few years and it hasn't been greeted with the same level of concern. And in the past few years the supposed club owner, Crawford, has been completely gelded by the Raetriarch in any case. It's fine to ask who's pulling the strings but let's at least try to be consistent about it. If it wasn't a problem ninety days ago, why's it a problem now? How about we wait for the ink to dry and see where we are? 

My main worry is actually that they're shooting themselves in the foot a bit after all the good work that's been done. I've got a season ticket for the first time in years, renewed membership of MCT, etc but know more casual fans who are losing interest as time goes on here. 

A bit more clarity about who's running things, some more comms on players going (rather than from the tele), friendlies (rather than from other teams), kit release dates and so on. That's before the concern that a lot of members last direct debit payment has been taken without a push for renewal. 

A lot of what's been said seems to be kicking the can down the street a bit to a point it will be too late for some more sceptical people and a backlog of stuff has built up that it will be difficult to catch up on with work needing done for football coming back. The formalities of the takeover doesn't need to affect all this. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, irnbru said:

My main worry is actually that they're shooting themselves in the foot a bit after all the good work that's been done. I've got a season ticket for the first time in years, renewed membership of MCT, etc but know more casual fans who are losing interest as time goes on here. 

A bit more clarity about who's running things, some more comms on players going (rather than from the tele), friendlies (rather than from other teams), kit release dates and so on. That's before the concern that a lot of members last direct debit payment has been taken without a push for renewal. 

A lot of what's been said seems to be kicking the can down the street a bit to a point it will be too late for some more sceptical people and a backlog of stuff has built up that it will be difficult to catch up on with work needing done for football coming back. The formalities of the takeover doesn't need to affect all this. 

I don't disagree with a lot of what you say. Despite all the promises MCT are demonstrating a worrying lack of engagement, delivery and communication with the fans. I am still willing to cut them some slack but so far they are over-promising and under-delivering.

3 hours ago, HamCam said:

I don't disagree with a lot of what you say. Despite all the promises MCT are demonstrating a worrying lack of engagement, delivery and communication with the fans. I am still willing to cut them some slack but so far they are over-promising and under-delivering.

I think they know the problems and a lot of fans are happy they've been discussed but a bit more transparency on who's doing what and how would buy a bit of time in my opinion. Otherwise a lot of the good will might not last long with some people. 

• Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, irnbru said:

I think they know the problems and a lot of fans are happy they've been discussed but a bit more transparency on who's doing what and how would buy a bit of time in my opinion. Otherwise a lot of the good will might not last long with some people. 

The Supporters' Trust having been a true role model for transparent decision-making.

At least when it comes to frittering away goodwill you're speaking from a position of expertise for a change. 

• Like 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

8 hours ago, irnbru said:

This is a fair concern. The ST thing was a bit late in the day as well.

EOho8Pw.png

I always find it interesting how the folk on here who are so quick to bang on about GMST have never at any stage put themselves forward to try to contribute in any meaningful way themselves, and in some cases wouldn't even look anyone in the eye if they were in their presence.

I've no real interest in defending the Trust (frankly I don't really care that much about it ), but there were plenty of folk who latched on to it in its latter days who seemed to just like to be seen to be there who offered very little. Perhaps if the people who have still seem so worked up about it had put themselves forward to contribute the Trust could have fared a lot better. None of which is to say there wasn't a lot of issues with the organisation over all, but there's that and being tedious bores whinging about nothing over it.

Same goes for MCT - I think there's no end of questions, some of which really shouldn't still be hanging unanswered, but at least the people involved have went out and made something happen.

Edited by EanieMeany
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

AWMSC

It definitely seems that you don't care about the Supporters' Trust, what with your tear-drenched 'at least they tried!!!111!!!' mewling defence of it. 

The only purpose that the Supporters' Trust served - once it completely rolled over to Douglas Rae c. 2005 and surrendered any sort of leverage as even a minor shareholder - was to act as a particularly greasy pole to allow its officeholders to ingratiate themselves with the Rae family, rise into the club tie and blazer set and oh look, there's our current finance director.

The idea that critics of such an abysmal organisation are duty bound to waste their free time joining it to 'make it better!' or else pipe down is a primary school level logical fallacy. They don't. They could simply let it die a thoroughly deserved death (like Rangers) so that a better organisation could replace it. You do not get a gold star for participation in failure. 

Next. 

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Hopefully strips will be announced soon. The way theyve been speaking about them being excited it I Imagine it could have something to do with the 1922 100 year anniversary. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

June 1st was their own deadline. To my knowledge it wasn't set on them externally. We're now three weeks after that and nothing's changed on Companies House.

The Raes are no longer on the board of the Community Trust, that's about the only thing of note that's actually been signed and sealed. But that's not (directly) related to MCT.

I've not watched the video because based on what I've read here it doesn't name names, it doesn't say who's going to be on the board and what their roles are, so I'm really not that interested to be honest.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

After the debacle that was GMST anyone especially those who contributed and/or engaged has every right to point the finger.  MCT has set itself on a pedestal offering to be transparent and open to the fans. The dates for delivery are all their own. Their current failings therefore rightly raise concerns. They are, however, the only show in town hence they continue to be supported but at some stage actions not words are required. 

• Upvote 1