Morton Club Together Updates - Page 62 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

1 hour ago, macca937 said:

Wit the fuk is Gus doing 

We know what Gus is doing. We don't know what the club are doing though. No updates on season tickets, new kits, if there will be new sponsors etc. If they want to have the best start to signing players then they need to start bringing money in yesterday.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I thought I'd check what the sketch was with season tickets across the division:

image.png

At least we're not alone in having done nothing. But it's the same old story. No doubt the "uncertainty" of what division we were going to be in played into that but Kilmarnock also had playoffs to contend with and it didn't slow them down at all.

edit: Arbroath, incidentally, had their new Macron kits and training on sale the day that they were able to sell STs, in a nice example of joined-up thinking that absolutely nobody at Morton has demonstrated for over 20 years.

I don't doubt that MCT are trying, and that there are a lot of roadblocks we mortals are not privy to, but there's an awful lot of nothing emanating from Cappielow at a time when all but two other clubs already have their skates on. You could make a case for this stuff being less important than contracts anyway, except MCT's project is contingent on a break-even model and that model is itself contingent on revenue maximization. There's been nothing fan-facing at all from the club since they asked for feedback a couple of days after the Airdrie game. What are they doing? The answer is obviously not "nothing" but that's what's visible.

If we're going to insist on giving a wage to guys like Blues and Muirhead then not spunking the club's cash reserves would be a good start, maybe start generating "income" instead, lads? Like, sell us a ticket or a new strip or something?

Edited by TRVMP
  • Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png

22 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I thought I'd check what the sketch was with season tickets across the division:

image.png

At least we're not alone in having done nothing. But it's the same old story. No doubt the "uncertainty" of what division we were going to be in played into that but Kilmarnock also had playoffs to contend with and it didn't slow them down at all.

edit: Arbroath, incidentally, had their new Macron kits and training on sale the day that they were able to sell STs, in a nice example of joined-up thinking that absolutely nobody at Morton has demonstrated for over 20 years.

I don't doubt that MCT are trying, and that there are a lot of roadblocks we mortals are not privy to, but there's an awful lot of nothing emanating from Cappielow at a time when all but two other clubs already have their skates on. You could make a case for this stuff being less important than contracts anyway, except MCT's project is contingent on a break-even model and that model is itself contingent on revenue maximization. There's been nothing fan-facing at all from the club since they asked for feedback a couple of days after the Airdrie game. What are they doing? The answer is obviously not "nothing" but that's what's visible.

If we're going to insist on giving a wage to guys like Blues and Muirhead then not spunking the club's cash reserves would be a good start, maybe start generating "income" instead, lads? Like, sell us a ticket or a new strip or something?

They have replied to people who have  asked on Twitter about season tickets and strips. They say season ticket info will be out later this week, strips reveal later this month.

No public updates though. Nor have they said anything about the takeover in the past week, seeing as it's now a week past the advertised date 

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

They have replied to people who have  asked on Twitter about season tickets and strips. They say season ticket info will be out later this week, strips reveal later this month.

No public updates though. Nor have they said anything about the takeover in the past week, seeing as it's now a week past the advertised date 

There has been an update on that though, telling us it had been delayed and more info would be available when the legal/HMRC hoops had been jumped through...

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

30 minutes ago, hayfever said:

There has been an update on that though, telling us it had been delayed and more info would be available when the legal/HMRC hoops had been jumped through...

Why did they announce a takeover date of June 1st if they were "at the mercies" of HMRC? Why give a definitive date at all? Why the radio silence since then? Why are they hiring the manager but seemingly not responsible for getting any other "info" out unless prodded?

Why is this completely indistinguishable from the past few years?

EOho8Pw.png

7 hours ago, GiGi said:

We know what Gus is doing. We don't know what the club are doing though. No updates on season tickets, new kits, if there will be new sponsors etc. If they want to have the best start to signing players then they need to start bringing money in yesterday.

good point 

7 hours ago, hayfever said:

As I said, there has been no update in the past week.

Not sinve the pre-takeover date message you are referring to, which said it should be a few days.

It's remarkable how HMRC have put the brakes on any sort of engagement with the fans or commercial activity, but hasn't stopped the club handing out new deals all round to haddy players/management. 

If you can't get a season ticket out then you shouldn't be giving a two year deal to a caretaker manager. If that means it takes a couple of weeks longer to put a squad together then that's just tough. 

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

50 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

image.png

Updated. Credit where it's due - they've put together an attractive season ticket package which is great for the general public as well as MCT members.

How does our pricing compare to the rest of the league

28 minutes ago, dmcewan16 said:

Think the cost of a child season ticket is a bit much at £100, should be around half that price

Works out at a fiver a game, can't get fairer than that imo.

If only it was a fiver when I was 16/17.

• Downvote 1

21 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Why did they announce a takeover date of June 1st if they were "at the mercies" of HMRC? Why give a definitive date at all? Why the radio silence since then? Why are they hiring the manager but seemingly not responsible for getting any other "info" out unless prodded?

Why is this completely indistinguishable from the past few years?

...because they haven't done this before and hadn't anticipated these delays? Maybe they only want to provide updates when they have something concrete to update us with?  Maybe it's only the 9th of June and they should be given a chance to put right the wrongs of the past 20 years? Maybe I don't know because they've stopped replying to my emails?

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

They've been working with lawyers for months, presumably one or two of them have been involved with the purchase of a going concern. But aye, fair enough, they've never done this, no point in questioning anything else that happens from now on since by definition they've never done it. All is well!

EOho8Pw.png