Morton Club Together Updates - Page 61 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

Changed my mind after voting already, Crawford can sing for the car park.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I don't think that the Rae's retaining ownership of the Car Park is such a bad thing.  Especially as it is contaminated land, and the inevitable cleanup costs may be prohibitive for Morton at a future date.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

Excellent news, and credit to everyone involved getting it over the line so quickly. I’m cautiously optimistic about the future, and whilst relegation is going to be a massive kick in the stones, the club’s probably in the best hands it could be in during my entire time supporting it. Roll on the title party. 

• 3 weeks later...

FYI TRVMP, I asked the same question on here last season but decided not to contribute. It’s nothing to do with generosity, it’s like buying a season book, investing in your club, supporting them and hoping they achieve something. I read MCT’s business plan from a link a couple of pages back on this thread, and I like what I see. Therefore I want to get involved as a Ton Fan, if that meets with your approval.

• Downvote 3

Are MCT going to show their faces and explain why we signed Lithgow .I'm sure there were plenty of other similar types of player we could have signed. Will this possibly stop some people contributing? Obviously not me cos Ive given them fuck all and they look as if they are just taking the piss now

• Downvote 5

On 6/6/2021 at 12:32 AM, pink_panther said:

Are MCT going to show their faces and explain why we signed Lithgow .I'm sure there were plenty of other similar types of player we could have signed. Will this possibly stop some people contributing? Obviously not me cos Ive given them fuck all and they look as if they are just taking the piss now

This is possibly one issue that could’ve been put to a vote of MCT Members

• Downvote 1

I'd much rather have had a vote on our completely gormless overall strategy since the Airdrie game, including the bizarre decision to hand a two year deal to a manager who clearly wanted to retain dross who should have been out the door. 

Every year at the season's end there should be an open and frank discussion with the members (owners) about the direction going forward. You can make a case for it not being viable to do that this summer, but MCT are going to have give some very good reasons to get financial backing for the shan continuity Raes agenda that they're now presenting. 

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Not too sure why the transfer of ownership is delaying them announcing details on season tickets or new strips. If they don't want to take money they could have a launch date and do some sort of pledge type thing with some marketing around it.