Morton Club Together Updates - Page 55 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

Incidentally, if we are looking for directors to signal their disapproval of GC running the club into the ground, then why are the three supposedly independent directors on the board not being expected to take a stand? Whatever their contribution may be in other respects, they do not currently need to remain in place to gain hands-on experience: so what's stopping them from resigning their positions in protest? This would reduce the board to Crawford - who remember is a cipher for GC with no credible independence of his own - against two MCT directors. 

GC would of course always call the shots by virtue of their shareholding, but this act would effectively demolish the current figleaf that there is an executive 'board' running the shop and isolate the Raes without fellow-travellers.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Plenty of others have mentioned it now, but it really is embarrassing that MCT still feel in a position where they need to appease the current ghouls in the boardroom. If there were higher bidders queuing up you could perhaps understand it, but they’re currently watching the thing they are about to inherit being systematically destroyed in front of them and just allowing even more fuel to be poured on the flames.  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, vikingTON said:

I wouldn't go as far to say that they must resign their board posts. I think that MCT does have to make (yet another) statement indicating their disapproval of the state of the club and GC's completely unacceptable options on the table. If they feel that they cannot do this while keeping representation on the board then they must absolutely pull the plug on the latter, because I don't see how the current downward spiral is sustainable until the end of the season without dragging down the current leadership of MCT with it.

Totally agree, the silence coming from MCT is deafening. They've got the results of their 'devil-or-the deep-blue-sea' fan poll (and the unofficial one on here which I can only hope they also took into account), so some sort of inkling on what they're doing with that information would be useful. Not expecting a day-by-day update on the state of the negotiations, but at least some feedback on what they have and haven't ruled out would be something.

One problem is that we're running out of time to get to a situation where MCT can achieve some sort of sensible handover of the club.  Already we're seeing the likelihood that the relegation playoffs will not finish until about the end of May, and if we're involved there, we won't even know which division we'll be in - bit of an extra incentive to start winning a few games, starting tomorrow night.  MCT can't piss about for any length of time once we know what the situation is, and it would make sense to have a plan for what's going to happen.  Which players will we make offers to; which will we punt?  Who will be appointed to do the day to day running of the club (presumably some staff will be kept on as they know the ropes to some extent).  That's before you start on organising season tickets, hospitality bookings, the admin associated with running the club and ensuring we remember to remain registered with the football authorities.  In a normal season, that wouldn't be a problem, but where there's a change of ownership, and possibly a lack of trust between old and new owners, we could do without any more problems.  Do MCT have a draft budget planned?  There must be some expertise amongst MCT members that can be tapped into where required, but at the moment there doesn't seem to be any reasonably detailed ongoing plans that have been communicated to the members.  Or do such plans exist and I just haven't heard about them?  this change shouldn't be the club coming to a dead stop and then starting up again; it should be more analogous to a relay race where the first and second runners run in parallel for a short distance while the handover occurs.

• Upvote 1

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Interesting comment on the MCT update about the manager:

It has always been our intention to provide a full update on this to fans, and we will be sharing plans with members, and the wider fanbase, in the coming weeks as we approach the decision point on whether community ownership goes ahead.

9 minutes ago, irnbru said:

It has always been our intention to provide a full update on this to fans, and we will be sharing plans with members, and the wider fanbase, in the coming weeks as we approach the decision point on whether community ownership goes ahead.

Most encouraging thing I've read in months.  Maybe there's hope after all.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

1 hour ago, irnbru said:

Screenshot_20210310-235734_Facebook.jpg

1 hour ago, helensburghton said:

Great news that a manager has been appointed at a crucial time in the season, was this a decision made by the new regime, considering to my knowledge that the job wasn't even advertised? Can we please have a wee bit of clarity on this matter. 

There isn't a 'new regime' in place, so no. It reads as if MCT's representatives on the board were in favour of this change, but ultimately it is GC, through their puppet Crawford Rae, who have the casting vote on any decision. They can register other board opinions as advice but do not have to follow them. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

4 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Just been sent the full article....

image.png 

As expected, the article has nothing more than what we already know from the few posts and comments MCT have made on their site and on Facebook.

That's probably where the Tele just picked the info straight from.

8 minutes ago, Toby said:

Is see the debate about colt teams in the league set up is again rearing it’s ugly head.

It may well have been mentioned elsewhere, but I really don’t want to trawl through 55 pages of this thread and whatever others it might’ve had a mention.

As our prospective owners, do MCT have a stance on this? And more perhaps more importantly, does Crawford Rae? I mention Rae, as I see the current proposals coming at an opportune moment for Rangers and Celtic, when every penny’s a prisoner more than usual for the rest, and expect he would happily back this idea if it meant he could get his grubby paws on a few more quid, to hell with those taking over and to hell with the game as a whole.

I asked Warren Hawke about this in his time doing hee haw but wearing a suit at Cappielow and was given an unsatisfactory answer about keeping an open mind and welcoming suggestions but not committing to anything.

Could someone from MCT come out and give the group’s stance on this extremely important matter, not just for Morton, but for Scottish football as a whole?

The proposals say the only financial benefit will be to L1 and L2 clubs, granted that could very much involve us if we don't get our act together.

Would definitely be good to get the thoughts of MCT/the club and for them to canvas fans (to receive a resounding fuck off to the proposals).

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

It is surely not the role of the SPFL to assist Rangers and Celtic in developing their youth talent? Furfuxsake, they have a big enough competitive advantage as it is, without giving them and even bigger leg up. It will also limit the availability of lower league clubs getting loanees from them. Any SPFL club voting for this should be getting a boot square in the haw-maws from their own fans.

Aye, but the SPFL is it’s members, and Rangers and Celtic are two of them, so are entitled to make whatever proposals they wish, and the other members are entitled to accept or reject them as they see fit.

The problem of course is that Rangers and Celtic have the financial clout to influence the rest, and at the moment it looks like they’re striking whilst the iron’s hot, grounds are closed and clubs have been out of action for a few months so have received minimal revenue.

As I suspect most of us would like, all I’m wanting is for Morton and MCT to confirm they’ll be telling Rangers and Celtic to fuck off with this nonsense, as Jamie says.

• Upvote 2