Morton Club Together Updates - Page 54 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

40 minutes ago, WhowouldbeaMortonfan said:

And then what, more bluster and allegations.

For fear of repeating masel again......we're past all that and none of the above is going to make an ounce of difference.

I

No more anything let Crawford and GC drown in the shit they've created. Withdraw all funding with immediate effect I'm sure him n his fkn GC board might start playing ball. 

If not let the more lucrative third party if they even existed step in n take the shit deal he's offering. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, cmdc said:

Wasn’t the March 2021 deadline about an agreement that MCT were financially viable owners (at which point, if not, there was a delay mechanism) rather than the point at which ownership changed hands? That’s how I read the original announcement.

He said he wasn't taking to you. 

• Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, gmfc23 said:

No more anything let Crawford and GC drown in the shit they've created. Withdraw all funding with immediate effect I'm sure him n his fkn GC board might start playing ball. 

If not let the more lucrative third party if they even existed step in n take the shit deal he's offering. 

MCT said they were involved in that third party chat, which to me lends a bit more credence to it.

22 minutes ago, irnbru said:

He said he wasn't taking to you. 

Life's too short not to extend the possibility of redemption. I will go back on my word and engage on points of substance.

• Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png

55 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

A return to your sporting roots. Thtriker! 

Abso-bloody-exactly.

I drove to Cappielow in my bare feet.

I presented Crawford with a bucketful of money that has been in my possession since 2009. I found it in the back of a taxi after a night out on the ladyboys.

He didn’t take it well, he looked rather pail!

In the end he decided to go with the MCT guy ‘cos he’d been a lifelong Morton fan since 2019.

Shit happens!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, LargsTON said:

So what will be MCTs next move?   Inform GC what the views of the fans are and that the two deals aren't in any way acceptable or plough on irrespective?

Haven't seen anything to suggest they aren't still under the spell of GC, happy with the 2 options and that they won't proceed with one of the options anyway.

Their poll, giving just 2 options, will likely have a preferred choice despite the anecdotal feedback that they will probably run with.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Haven't seen anything to suggest they aren't still under the spell of GC, happy with the 2 options and that they won't proceed with one of the options anyway.

Their poll, giving just 2 options, will likely have a preferred choice despite the anecdotal feedback that they will probably run with.

Correct. They’ll have already decided how they plan to proceed.

• Downvote 1

On 2/17/2021 at 11:20 PM, TheGoon said:

Side point, but as someone else raised the other day, that MCT statement leaping to the defence of the Raes really irked me. I understand they have to maintain working relationships for the next few months, but the language of the thing and tone towards supporters that weren’t sure if their club was about to go under really were not great. Not a knock on MCT’s overall communication, which has largely been good, but I’m still quite annoyed by the whole “How dare you” feel of that statement. 

‘Any comparison with the stewardship of Hugh Scott is both inaccurate and deeply offensive.‘

Not my words, the words of MCT!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, LargsTON said:

Correct.  As posted by Russell elsewhere, they should be withdrawing their offer immediately and back Rae into a corner.  I've zero faith in MCT I'm afraid and as this saga continues to unfold my decision to withhold from converting my pledge seems the correct decision, even moreso when you see the way the budget has been pissed up the wall on dross.

I have no doubt that MCT are well intentioned. None whatsoever. But they've went about this whole transfer of ownership negotiation with an astonishing level of naively, IMO. They should have separated themselves completely from the current incumbents until the negotiations were completed and a final legally binding watertight agreement, with the safeguards I described above, was signed and sealed. You don't sit around the same board table with the people you're negotiating with! Jesus wept. 

They've went from having the upper hand, it's Crawford who's desperate to get out remember, to dolefully accepting whatever scraps he threw at them. And make no mistake, both options Crawford's put on the table are scraps that should be rejected without hesitation, instead of holding a 'fan poll' which is akin to asking the condemned man if he wants to be hung or electrocuted.

• Upvote 1

I can understand the logic behind taking seats on the board with a view to taking over: MCT's current directors aren't football administrators, getting a sense of how the club works (and much more importantly, how it quite clearly doesn't) is preferable to being blindsided by the complete bin fire left behind by the Raes on June 1 or whenever.

The risk however is that MCT's ability to scrutinise is emasculated and it is no help to them that GC are all but ripping the copper wiring out of the walls around them, in their obsession with cashing in on their daddy's IOUs.

I wouldn't go as far to say that they must resign their board posts. I think that MCT does have to make (yet another) statement indicating their disapproval of the state of the club and GC's completely unacceptable options on the table. If they feel that they cannot do this while keeping representation on the board then they must absolutely pull the plug on the latter, because I don't see how the current downward spiral is sustainable until the end of the season without dragging down the current leadership of MCT with it.

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are