Morton Club Together Updates - Page 23 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

The calibre of player brought in with the money is really here nor there. That'll be at the managers discretion.

It's not really a reason to pull out on backing the initiative.

Aye, I'd agree with you but there's a lot of people who don't see the bigger picture so they'll either cancel direct debits or won't convert their pledges if there's no movement on players with the money.

The calibre of players will have a lesser impact on that but all these wee things will have an impact as its being sold as a package.

We can pretend that it's MCT that have somehow managed to strike a deal with the board on the debt but in reality, Crawford said long before MCT was a thing that the debt would be paid off for any potential buyer so this isn't something new or inventive.

I'm investing in the hope that it helps the playing budget.

• Upvote 2

We can pretend that it's MCT that have somehow managed to strike a deal with the board on the debt but in reality, Crawford said long before MCT was a thing that the debt would be paid off for any potential buyer so this isn't something new or inventive.

I'm investing in the hope that it helps the playing budget.

This.

That is the way that I view the scheme aswell.

I dont see the board taking a punt on signing players in this window. If they're really serious about breaking even they'll wait to see if the direct debits remain steady, at least until January.

We've got the league cup prize money already secured. Hopefully that will pay for a decent goalkeeper.

I dont see the board taking a punt on signing players in this window. If they're really serious about breaking even they'll wait to see if the direct debits remain steady, at least until January.

We've got the league cup prize money already secured. Hopefully that will pay for a decent goalkeeper

With a "decent" goalkeeper we would still have lost 3 probably all 4 goals on Saturday. 

An Injury free CB (Sorry Peter Grant) a LB and a first choice RB is higher up the priority list in my opinion.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

We've got the league cup prize money already secured. Hopefully that will pay for a decent goalkeeper.

A few people have asked how they’ll account for people pulling out but I don’t think it’s been answered.

I think we either need signings or a statement on when the money will be available and why to keep a lot of pledgers happy.

A few people have asked how they’ll account for people pulling out but I don’t think it’s been answered.

I think we either need signings or a statement on when the money will be available and why to keep a lot of pledgers happy.

Finding the right players is far more important than a rush to spend. We appear to have made a few panic signings and really need to ensure we spend a bit more wisely.

Finding the right players is far more important than a rush to spend. We appear to have made a few panic signings and really need to ensure we spend a bit more wisely.

Shame nobody told Hopkin that when he signed Kalvin Orsi and Sam Ramsbottom. Regardless though, as it stands its not exactly clear how this whole thing works in the short-term as the monthly amount could (might, will) rapidly decline over a short time, so it's surely impossible to budget for until it's all in.

AWMSC

The club and MCT could agree to a set sum being transferred in each of the next twelve months; if there is any shortfall in that sum then the MCT can make it up through the ongoing contributions that it will receive from August 2020 (and so the leftover sum added to next season's budget is reduced instead). With a two year scheme in place and the short-term cashflow support of GC it's really not difficult to resolve that issue.

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That the contribution rate will remain significantly above zero percent by August 2020 is an assumption that I'd be quite comfortable for both the club and MCT to make. So long as that is the case then whatever funds are pledged to this season's first team budget will find their way from the pledges to the club. 

The idea that the club should be sitting around to check how many individual DDs are coming through every month before doing anything in the transfer market is nonsense really. It is MCT's task to monitor that and to deliver the financial support that it has already committed to the club. 

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The first payment was only made late last week, lets just see what happens for the remainder of this transfer window and perhaps more importantly the January transfer window (Once pledges have been continually made) before talk of wheels falling off or people cancelling direct debits.

I think the support will need to exercise a little of bit of patience which admittedly is already running thin after Saturday, 

My Twitter - 

What remains to be seen is if the MCT funds are really 'new' money or it is just picking up the shortfall within the existing budget, as the Rae family has turned off the tap. I suspect the monthly flows from MCT will hold up in the short term but if no evidence it makes a difference to the playing squad, the flow will turn into a trickle. For now, my hands remain firmly in my pockets.

• Upvote 1

The first payment was only made late last week, lets just see what happens for the remainder of this transfer window and perhaps more importantly the January transfer window (Once pledges have been continually made) before talk of wheels falling off or people cancelling direct debits.

I think the support will need to exercise a little of bit of patience which admittedly is already running thin after Saturday, 

Anyone mind the last time that we signed a bunch of cheap ringers in the summer, only to try and make good the damage later in the season by rummaging around the rejects' bin mid-season for replacements? 

218695409.jpg

The agreement between MCT and the club is already in place and payments have been taken. The most effective use of those funds involves the club acting now; I'm not demanding that we sign players tomorrow, but any additions should be made before this transfer window closes. Sitting on our hands for a few months and only diving into the notoriously bad January market is a recipe for disaster. 

Edited by vikingTON

The club and MCT could agree to a set sum being transferred in each of the next twelve months; if there is any shortfall in that sum then the MCT can make it up through the ongoing contributions that it will receive from August 2020 (and so the leftover sum added to next season's budget is reduced instead). With a two year scheme in place and the short-term cashflow support of GC it's really not difficult to resolve that issue.

Given that players are paid on a weekly / monthly basis that makes absolute sense.

Anyone mind the last time that we signed a bunch of cheap ringers in the summer, only to try and make good the damage later in the season by rummaging around the rejects' bin mid-season for replacements? 

218695409.jpg

The agreement between MCT and the club is already in place and payments have been taken. The most effective use of those funds involves the club acting now; I'm not demanding that we sign players tomorrow, but any additions should be made before this transfer window closes. Sitting on our hands for a few months and only diving into the notoriously bad January market is a recipe for disaster. 

yeah i would rather we acted in this window too, i probably didnt explain myself clearly.

Its just i feel as though people are already questioning the agreement and expecting it to fail before the club have really had a chance to explore its options on what players are available, i hope we do out due diligence on the next player(s) we sign so that we have not ended up wasting the extra money.

My Twitter - 

I certainly agree that threats to rip up direct debits are hysterical tantrums of the worst kind. 

• Upvote 1

yeah i would rather we acted in this window too, i probably didnt explain myself clearly.

Its just i feel as though people are already questioning the agreement and expecting it to fail before the club have really had a chance to explore its options on what players are available, i hope we do out due diligence on the next player(s) we sign so that we have not ended up wasting the extra money.

I would hope that the club have already identified exactly the players they need /want and are working hard to get them in. The funding from MCT has been on the agenda for many weeks