Morton Club Together Updates - Page 10 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

As has been said many times, they are instead working on a new website which will go live this weekend.

Where, exactly? There's no immediate mention on their Twitter page, nor on their (imagine that) current site. Those are the only two outlets people should need to look at, and if it isn't stated there then it doesn't really matter many times it has been said elsewhere.

AWMSC

The details are clarified nicely in the video blog posted above. It was an interesting watch and i have a lot more confidence in the project after watching it. I did think it was touchy territory to break in to ' ask a friend ' after Dougie's infamous statement, but i suppose that's an acceptable way to drum up support between fans.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I'll be honest, I have little intentions of watching a 15 minute monologue from Graham McLennan or from anyone else.

It's not remotely unreasonable to expect there to be a credible website at this stage of the game, we shouldn't need to be watching videos to find out basic details about a £400k scheme.

Edited by EanieMeany

AWMSC

I'll be honest, I have little intentions of watching a 15 minute monologue from Graham McLennan or from anyone else.

It's not remotely unreasonable to expect there to be a credible website at this stage of the game, we shouldn't need to be watching videos to find out basic details about a £400k scheme.

Jesus christ.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

It seems that the onus is always being put on the punter to go try to obtain scraps of info. "Come and talk to me at games", "here's a Q&A but actually, I'll direct you to Twitter and not actually have any answers anyway", "come to the Wanderers on a Saturday morning", "watch me talking for a while". 

If there was a clear, coherent proposal and structure there for people to go and read and mull over, all of those things would be fine as follow up events but there isn't. There's a website full of mumbo-jumbo, and hee-haw else besides.

AWMSC

The website is being fixed and a new one will be up next weekend. The fact its taken so long is completely relevant but the fact is they've announced when it will be fixed so moaning about it in the interim period between that announcement and it going live is pretty pointless.

• Downvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Like they've already said, they're re-launching again on sunday. Its hardly the end of the world that the website wasn't the best before - paid for out his own pocket and pulled together by a student; obviously not very good.

Folk are just looking for any little excuse to have a go at it.

Nothing of this nature is ever 100% on the money, or fully comprehensive, at the first time. Things develop.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Don't often comment on the site for a variety of reasons - main one being I don't see the team as often as I'd like to.

I managed three minutes of the video and have to agree with Capitanus.  This is not for me.  My main concern has always been that is dependent on the GC debt being part of the value of the club.  I don't accept that and I would hope that new investors would negotiate it at the very least.  

I turned off when we got the Dougie tribute version of "we haven't got enough people to make our total, and we don't have a plan in place if we don't make that total.  But please ask two friends to invest and we might do it!"  At least Dougie only asked us to bring one friend each. 

The only people I can see benefitting from this is Golden Casket who will reduce their input each year, and watch the debt level reduce.  I was stung once by the Trust.  That's not going to happen again for me.  

Edited by TAFKAC

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Don't often comment on the site for a variety of reasons - main one being I don't see the team as often as I'd like to.

I managed three minutes of the video and have to agree with Capitanus. This is not for me. My main concern has always been that is dependent on the GC debt being part of the value of the club. I don't accept that and I would hope that new investors would negotiate it at the very least.

I turned off when we got the Dougie tribute version of "we haven't got enough people to make our total, and we don't have a plan in place if we don't make that total. But please ask two friends to invest and we might do it!" At least Dougie only asked us to bring one friend each.

The only people I can see benefitting from this is Golden Casket who will reduce their input each year, and watch the debt level reduce. I was stung once by the Trust. That's not going to happen again for me.

GC have said that they aren't going to run the club at a loss anymore so the debt in theory shouldn't be getting any bigger, and in the video Graham said that one of the deal breakers on MCT's part is that they insist that the GC debt is written off and never to be paid back.

GC may save money by not having to invest as much of their own funds in to the first team budget, purely because MCT say that every penny they give to Morton will be for Hopkins first team budget.

I personally don't think we will get anywhere near the 400k target but after watching the whole video I also see a lot more positives in the scheme than I did before I watched it.

32.gif