Why do you hate Falkirk? - Page 13 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Why do you hate Falkirk?

11 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Fifteen hundred pounds a week, and the rest. Match made in heaven. 

Ooooh that's got a strong, strong possibility of backfiring big time!  Griffiths, if his mind was in the right place and he was at his peak physically would be a great addition for any Premiership side let alone League One!  But he's chucked it  and is out of shape!  Maybe not O'Connor-esque when he was with us but he's heading that way!

This could be (and I pray is) absolutely fucking hilarious!

here today, gone to hell

They also seem all too happy about signing a guy who's previously been charged with racist tweets and recently been messaging a school girl asking for nudes. Plenty of their fans got stuck into Raith as if they were above signing that kind of wrong'un but there's been no talk of his particular sins. Couldn't mark their necks.

• Upvote 1

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

45 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Plenty of their fans got stuck into Raith as if they were above signing that kind of wrong'un but there's been no talk of his particular sins. Couldn't mark their necks.

Likely that was the minority of the Falkirk fans. The rest were gutted that, having been rumoured to also be in for him, they missed out on Goodwillie.

On 2/8/2022 at 2:40 PM, The Bewilderedbeast said:

In my fifty plus years of following Morton there have been a number of players that I have "disliked" but only because they were good players and the type of players that you wished played for us. None more so than Dougie Imrie himself. Even the likes of McGarvey at St Mirren falls into that category.

Griffiths however was the total opposite in that I disliked him because he came across as an arsehole and I never wished once that he would sign for us.

Even when he broke through into the Livingston side he came across as a bigheaded wee shite.

Until the snaking I never really gave much thought to Falkirk, other than them being another club that made up the league numbers and a club we had to play against now and then.

But if ever there were two entities that deserve each other, it's Falkirk and Griffiths.

If there were ever two entities that deserve each other, they would be Alan Lithgow and Partick Thistle.

Anyway,

I like Leigh Griffiths as a player, in many respects he reminds me of Alex Williams who was able to make it on a larger stage.  I think that he's too good to drop down to Falkirk's level, he could still do a job for a bigger club like St. Mirren etc.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

*insert signature here*

10 hours ago, capitanus said:

If there were ever two entities that deserve each other, they would be Alan Lithgow and Partick Thistle.

Anyway,

I like Leigh Griffiths as a player, in many respects he reminds me of Alex Williams who was able to make it on a larger stage.  I think that he's too good to drop down to Falkirk's level, he could still do a job for a bigger club like St. Mirren etc.

Griffiths completely embarressed himself at Dundee. League 1 is just the latest stop on his way to Darvel

18 hours ago, GiGi said:

Griffiths is a racist who was (allegedly) trying to get school kids to send him nudes. Given your stance on Lithgow, reconsider.

The Police investigated the allegations and no charges were brought against Griffiths over the texting thing.  You also seem to have doubt about it yourself hence why you've put in brackets (allegedly).   Anyway, I said I liked him as a player, and I doubt that I am the only one that does.  As a person he may be a bit of an acquired taste, to say the least, but we can't hide the fact that he scored a brace against England.  

*insert signature here*

3 hours ago, capitanus said:

He wont be on his way to Darvel.  The guy's a millionaire, and an east coaster.

Wonder how much of that money has been squandered away on the bookies and the drink. Not that his issues are to be laughed at. 

Also, just because it wasn't criminal doesn't mean it wasn't repulsive that he tried to illicit pictures from young girls. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, so72 said:

Wonder how much of that money has been squandered away on the bookies and the drink. Not that his issues are to be laughed at. 

Also, just because it wasn't criminal doesn't mean it wasn't repulsive that he tried to illicit pictures from young girls. 

His lifestyle choices may not be to everyone's liking, and what he has allegedly done may not be to everyone's liking either, but that doesn't change the fact that you said he'd 'end up at Darvel'.  

That is the point that i'm making, he wont.  He'll have many other potential 'ports of call' as he winds down his career before he ends up rubbing shoulders with the Dean Matthew Keenan's of this world.

*insert signature here*

• 3 weeks later...

If they're talking in terms of club size and potential there's not a huge amount to disagree with. They're about the size of a yo-yo club and for most of my lifetime that's what they were.

EOho8Pw.png

3 hours ago, TRVMP said:

If they're talking in terms of club size and potential there's not a huge amount to disagree with. They're about the size of a yo-yo club and for most of my lifetime that's what they were.

But the manager isn't responsible for the shambolic running of the club. I get the size argument but in reality, it's a criticism of the board that they aren't in a position that reflects their finances/potential income