Why do you hate Falkirk? - Page 22 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Why do you hate Falkirk?

57 minutes ago, Toby said:

On a serious note though, at what point does it stop becoming funny and becomes par for the course?

Back in 2003-04 there was a terribly bitter rivalry between Morton and Airdrie, and at the time, they of course came out on top. But once we were promoted and established ourselves in the second tier, whilst they yo-yoed and eventually settled as a third tier club, the ill-will dissipated. If they come up this year it might return, but I suspect it’ll take a while to reach the levels of the collapse season.

Falkirk are now, to all intents and purposes, a League One club. It’s their level, and they’re kidding themselves to suggest otherwise.

Why are we laughing at them? They’ve actually had an incredible season- making the play-offs for the first time since relegation 4 (four) years ago and managing to dispose of the behemoths that are Wick Academy, Alloa and Darvel before the monumental shock of toppling Ayr United to reach Hampden is a fantastic effort.

Even reaching the semi-finals of the play-offs is a feather on McGlynn’s cap, and managing two goals in a narrow 7-2 defeat is an incredible achievement.

The perception that Falkirk have failed this season gives them a status that is completely unmerited. They haven’t failed any more than Montrose or Kelty Hearts have, it’s what they are.

I still allow myself a wee chuckle when I remember your description of them as 'league 1 stalwarts' :)

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

You could* actually see this being a decent thing if they did it right. Sell the 100 squares as part of a commemorative event, where one day in the summer everyone stands in their squares, a drone takes a bunch of photos of the pitch filled with the sponsors, then you get a framed picture and some other stuff to go with your certificate. As it stands you get a photo next to the "Brockville gate" and told to piss off.

*not really, it's still shit Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

13 minutes ago, Toby said:

You bastard, I’ve been pushing for that for years. Even managed to get blocked by Morton and these tramps still didn’t block me.

🤣

The Playoffs were a hoot and must have finally broke them.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Lol

IMG-20230624-WA0031.jpg

Fuck Calvin Miller and Fuck Lolkirk. 

• Upvote 2

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

So the deal was done but then he, or his agent, likely after Falkirk said they would give him a 2 year deal, tried to push for more and renegotiate with us but they were shot down in flames? So they fucked it and he ended up in League 1 playing for that rabble leaving him 'gutted'?

What a wee shame. 

Screenshot_20230624_171749_Twitter.jpg

I did enjoy him tweeting, on the day Falkirk signed him, that he was gutted though...

Looking forward to seeing him have a shiter of a season and lolkirk too

• Upvote 1

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

WTF’s happened to VT and Toby? I would previously log on here just to read their vitriolic posts, even if they were giving me a hard time. I have to admit they were always a great read, well researched and hitting the nail on the head. However it seems that since they started hanging about together they’ve lost their way. Their main theme seems to pivot around hatred for rival clubs or putting down fellow supporters. Is it a case of opposites attract but familiarity breeds contempt? I for one am very saddened by their demise, and would welcome their old personas back with open arms.

• Downvote 5

2 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

WTF’s happened to VT and Toby? I would previously log on here just to read their vitriolic posts, even if they were giving me a hard time. I have to admit they were always a great read, well researched and hitting the nail on the head. However it seems that since they started hanging about together they’ve lost their way. Their main theme seems to pivot around hatred for rival clubs or putting down fellow supporters. Is it a case of opposites attract but familiarity breeds contempt? I for one am very saddened by their demise, and would welcome their old personas back with open arms.

tenor (38).gif

• Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are