Why do you hate Falkirk? - Page 17 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Why do you hate Falkirk?

A mate of mine (Falkirk fan, obvs) was the On Call joiner at the Cove game, this gave him access all areas, including the control room. He was being shown how the control room works, how they can tell how many people come in each turnstile in every area of the ground. Turns out the actual attendance, bodies through turnstiles, was just over 1,200, official attendance 3,113.

How many times have we been there when they are announcing crowds of over 4,000 when we all know there's less than 2,000. I realise loads of clubs do this to make themselves look bigger than they actually are, but this is just them at their best/worst...delete as appropriate.

• Upvote 2

16 league defeats in 35 games this season and a crowd of just 1453 announced on Saturday. Send in the liquidators. 

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

https://twitter.com/spfl/status/1518605964445982721?s=20&t=3mEV3QoG3zc08OyegWIu5A

This isn't quite as bad/glorious as Telfer's goal against them, but it's still a belter and the gleeful laughter of the commentators is utterly delicious...as is the reply from Alloa 😂

This whole saga has been, objectively, funny as fuck and just keeps on delivering. 

Edited by EanieMeany

AWMSC

At the moment Falkirk have dropped to 7th in League 1. :lol: 

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

6th now.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Can't see Dunfermline going down. Airdrie look tidy enough but Montrose are going to run out of steam and QP are ganting. The Pars were pretty impressive in their last game against us. Certainly they looked far better than we did at the same time last season. 

Just got to hope Kelty and QP push the boat out, and/or Airdrie hold on to Ian Murray, because surely, surely Falkirk can't be this bad again. 

EOho8Pw.png

Another well deserved season by the beach beckons for the heroic battlers of Falkirk. Achieving 6th is a remarkable feat and reflects well on the club that are surely on the road to utter irrelevance. Special mention to Messrs Telfer, McGuffie and everyone's favourite sandancer Nesbitt, your contribution is noted and valued.

All hail Kenny Miller.

Edited by TaunTon
  • Upvote 2

On 4/25/2022 at 10:43 PM, TaunTon said:

Unlike VT I don't really want to see the liquidators paying them a visit. I'd settle on them becoming the biggest side in the Lowland league.

Why not? It would be thoroughly deserved and nothing of consequence would be lost.

Alternatively, they can look to merge with Ayr United to form a more successful franchise outfit than their combined failures so far. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are