Why do you hate Falkirk? - Page 14 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Why do you hate Falkirk?

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoying The Journey.

275742179_638273784239376_6711393893500529738_n.jpg

• Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Their last three appointments have all been younger managers with fresh ideas and spreadsheets and have absolutely shit the bed. They may now veer wildly to the other end of the spectrum and put McPherson in charge.

I think McPherson could get more of a tune out of the Falkirk squad than the current guy can, although that's not saying much. From what I've seen of Falkirk their central midfield is posted missing 100% of the time, far more than even our own. Plus they're full of calamitous mistakes at the back. That's why, despite the fact they actually have plenty of goals in them, they've lost an astonishing 12 league games out of 29, unthinkable for a full-time team at that level. When we won the league under Duffy we lost 11 out of 36 and that was considered very high for a professional squad (Dunfermline, hilariously, finished 7th that year, but lost "only" 14, a figure Falkirk are on course to at least match.)

I can easily see their BoD wanting a steady hand at the tiller and going for experience this time, and Gus is one of a few coaches out of work who fits that description nicely. Unfortunately, as we saw this season, a steady hand isn't necessarily a good hand. It can lead you steadily towards relegation. Here's hoping!

EOho8Pw.png

• 2 weeks later...

Dunfermline down would be great. Spending half their season getting humped in Fife.

• Upvote 2

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Based on their performance against us, Dunfermline would absolutely stroll that division (and condemn Falkirk to a further year in the wilderness.) I'm praying for this outcome.

• Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png