The Tidser Thread - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Tidser Thread

TRVMP

74 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think has happened with Tidser?

• Signed a pre-contract elsewhere
    • Signed a new deal with Morton
    • Nothing
    • Don't know

Man you talk a power of sh**e!

Just because you haven't seen the evidence, doesn't mean it doesn't exist!

You haven’t provided any evidence to support it, therefore it’s an unsubstantiated claim. Posters claiming to be ITK on all sorts of ridiculous things are ten a penny on the forum so try not to have a tantrum when your special act just gets filled alongside the rest of them.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a fan of our Board one jot but there is absolutely no way in which we could challenge Falkirk financially at the moment. They could easily blow us out the water and Tidser - having spent most of his csreer in the lower leagues - won't exactly be rolling in it.

If we're serious about promotion within the next three years - two now, realistically - then this doesn't add up. Tidser is generally admitted to be one of the top players in the division, and while we obviously can't have a whole squad of them, we need a few of them about in order to challenge at the top. And if we can't hold onto one who has been here for ages, and (apparently) isn't moving up to the next league, then who can we hold onto?

Essentially, if you're correct, then we are counting on a highly unusual promotion event, like Livingston.

EOho8Pw.png

If we're serious about promotion within the next three years - two now, realistically - then this doesn't add up. Tidser is generally admitted to be one of the top players in the division, and while we obviously can't have a whole squad of them, we need a few of them about in order to challenge at the top. And if we can't hold onto one who has been here for ages, and (apparently) isn't moving up to the next league, then who can we hold onto?

Essentially, if you're correct, then we are counting on a highly unusual promotion event, like Livingston.

Where it all went tits up was not giving him a 2yr deal in the first place. I cant take that 3yr plan seriously sorry. The only way we are going up is the Livi way.

Genuinely, I think the Board thought they could turn us into Accies in 3 years with their conveyor belt of first-team academy prospects who replaced the ones who made them money (McCarthur, McCarthy, Easton, Hendrie, Docherty, L. Ferguson etc.). In reality Accies are a total anomaly and survive by the skin of their teeth every year.

Where it all went tits up was not giving him a 2yr deal in the first place. I cant take that 3yr plan seriously sorry. The only way we are going up is the Livi way.

Genuinely, I think the Board thought they could turn us into Accies in 3 years with their conveyor belt of first-team academy prospects who replaced the ones who made them money (McCarthur, McCarthy, Easton, Hendrie, Docherty, L. Ferguson etc.). In reality Accies are a total anomaly and survive by the skin of their teeth every year.

I believe that we can bring in a first-team regular, singular, every 1-2 years.

Accies also augmented their squads over the years with plenty of experienced players, such as Canning, Imrie, Neil, Mensing etc. Some better than others but few likely to be on peanuts.

EOho8Pw.png

I'm very sad about Tidser tbh. He's deserved to be in a premier league team for a long time and been kind of wasted at Morton. He's my favourite Morton player in my time watching the club.

Totally scunnered. I think a lot of ambition and enthusiasm will follow him out the door.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Tidser will give us 100% every time he pulls the jersey on as he always has done and that is all we can reasonably ask of any player.

If at the end of his contract he receives an offer which we can't or won't match then he needs to do what is best for him.

I'll be sorry when he leaves, but for the moment all I'm looking for is for him to be the first name on the team sheet.

That's what we can control.

Let the future and what we can't control take care of itself.

Brian Wake, Brian Wake, Chug, Chug, Chug!

Oh dear. If your meltdown progresses any further you'll be starting a blog about it; just let that sink in. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Not a fan of our Board one jot but there is absolutely no way in which we could challenge Falkirk financially at the moment. They could easily blow us out the water and Tidser - having spent most of his csreer in the lower leagues - won't exactly be rolling in it.

Blow us out the water is stretching it a bit but they clearly have more financial clout. However we could have dangled the carrot of a testimonial, offered a 3 year deal and a modest pay rise and we'd have retained his services. He wanted to stay but Morton appear to have forced his hand. For a guy of his age who wishes to play in the central belt in order to be close to his family and new born baby the Falkirk move is perfect for him. It could and should have been us but under the circumstances he's made the correct decision for him and his family. 3 years of job security up to the age of 32 when he won't get as good an offer again. I wish him well and Morton have made a colossal fuck up. Again. 3 year plan my arse.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Blow us out the water is stretching it a bit but they clearly have more financial clout. However we could have dangled the carrot of a testimonial, offered a 3 year deal and a modest pay rise and we'd have retained his services. He wanted to stay but Morton appear to have forced his hand. For a guy of his age who wishes to play in the central belt in order to be close to his family and new born baby the Falkirk move is perfect for him. It could and should have been us but under the circumstances he's made the correct decision for him and his family. 3 years of job security up to the age of 32 when he won't get as good an offer again. I wish him well and Morton have made a colossal **** up. Again. 3 year plan my arse.

I was about to post pretty much the same thing. If the club had any real ambition in the summer, Tidser should have been offered two years (at least), incentives, a testimonial and basically just as appealing a package as possible and he'd probably have took it. As it is, a look at the last decade places Falkirk as one of the consistently there-or-thereabouts clubs in the league, so it's an ideal offer for him.

There's little point pissing and moaning about Tidser taking it when the bigger issue is that it signals the end of any pretence that Morton want to be a credible, top-flight challenging football club.

AWMSC

I was about to post pretty much the same thing. If the club had any real ambition in the summer, Tidser should have been offered two years (at least), incentives, a testimonial and basically just as appealing a package as possible and he'd probably have took it. As it is, a look at the last decade places Falkirk as one of the consistently there-or-thereabouts clubs in the league, so it's an ideal offer for him.

There's little point pissing and moaning about Tidser taking it when the bigger issue is that it signals the end of any pretence that Morton want to be a credible, top-flight challenging football club.

you've hit the nial bang on the head there

Probably looking at a colossal drop in season book sales for next season now. I won't be renewing if this is a sign of things to come.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Probably looking at a colossal drop in season book sales for next season now. I won't be renewing if this is a sign of things to come.

Me neither. I hadn't for a couple of years then they conned me into one this season on the back of false promises. I want to see action before words next time.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Me neither. I hadn't for a couple of years then they conned me into one this season on the back of false promises. I want to see action before words next time.

I don't really agree with that - we had a really positive summer with a new manager coming in who was positive and everyone was excited about. There was progress too with sports science and stuff coming in so the whole playing side of things was encouraging.

I don't really agree with that - we had a really positive summer with a new manager coming in who was positive and everyone was excited about. There was progress too with sports science and stuff coming in so the whole playing side of things was encouraging.

Literally none of that equates to being serious about reaching the top league. I won't be fooled a second time with empty words.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I’ve had a season ticket for many many years, 2018/19 will be my last unfortunately, I am so disillusioned by everything around Cappielow at the moment.

I feel so frustrated with myself lately, that I fell for the 3 yr plan that was being sounded out at the beginning of the season.

The club as a whole is an absolute frackin shambles!

No Communication with the fans pisses me off big style, no effort to take the club into a modern age, a manager who clearly cannot motivate the players or fans, a wazzock of a C.E, results which are just shoite, performances which are no different to results - shoite.. a fan base which is clearly not happy!

If they want me to part with my hard earned again you need to make it very very convincing and very very realisticly ambitious.

Have I fell out of love with the club? Yes

Will I be back? I don’t know

Will I buy another season ticket? No I won’t be buying another at the moment.

Literally none of that equates to being serious about reaching the top league. I won't be fooled a second time with empty words.

Bringing in an ambitious manager backing him and letting him totally restructure the backroom staff says that though. We might not have won anything with McKinnon but I think we'd be up there challenging.

Bringing in an ambitious manager backing him and letting him totally restructure the backroom staff says that though. We might not have won anything with McKinnon but I think we'd be up there challenging.

You keep toeing the party line. I'm not buying it anymore and neither are the rest of the fanbase from what I can gather.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Archived