The Tidser Thread - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Tidser Thread

TRVMP

74 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think has happened with Tidser?

• Signed a pre-contract elsewhere
    • Signed a new deal with Morton
    • Nothing
    • Don't know

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tidser is our best player and the club should be going above and beyond to keep him. If he was to leave to go to a higher division he'd go with good wishes.

However if he leaves us for Falkirk (especially to play for a manager who has proved himself to be an utter rat) he should be treated with the same contempt as O'ware, Quitongo and Russell who also left us for rival clubs and I would hope that his move would turn out to be every bit as successful as theirs have.

Because it doesn't fit your agenda doesn't mean it's s***e I'm sure anyone with a clue knows this to be true it wasn't exactly a secret at the time do pay attention lads ffs.

What agenda do you speak of?

Paying attention at the time showed every report, every quote at the time, from Dougie et Al stated the first we knew was when we applied for international clearance.

Dougie signing, yes. As was Peaso. Both with the intention of bailing Duffy out, but first I have heard any suggestion that Dougie went for him and threw 6 months high wages at Tidser for nothing in full knowledge that he couldn't play just in case someone came in for him and got him that summer.

As I said, smells like shite to me.

Tidser is our best player and the club should be going above and beyond to keep him. If he was to leave to go to a higher division he'd go with good wishes.

However if he leaves us for Falkirk (especially to play for a manager who has proved himself to be an utter rat) he should be treated with the same contempt as O'ware, Quitongo and Russell who also left us for rival clubs and I would hope that his move would turn out to be every bit as successful as theirs have.

O'Ware, Quitongo and Russell never got treated with contempt 'because they went to a rival'. It was the manner of it.

Either believing they were too big and better than Morton, only to land at a League rival after all, strung Morton along when an offer was on the table, announced it to the press on the morning of a match or bigged up how big a league rival was and how many fans they have as if to belittle Morton.

Plenty of players move on to league rivals and get none of what those three got. It was all in the manner of it.

The issue with Tidser is not that he would be going to a league rival. If he quietly thanked Morton and said he needed a new challenge and signed for ICT or Dundee Utd, few would question it.

It's Falkirk though, which is not acceptable after the events of this season, therefore it would be about the circumstances of the departure again, not just that it is a League rival.

The issue with Tidser is not that he would be going to a league rival. If he quietly thanked Morton and said he needed a new challenge and signed for ICT or Dundee Utd, few would question it.

I agree with the overall sentiment on your post, but do you honestly think people would just shrug their shoulders and say 'oh well' if Tidser went to a club on a similar level as us? There would (correctly) be scathing criticism of the manager and the board for allowing a player of Tidser's ability and longevity to join a divisional rival. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Morton should* currently be offering to match Grangemouth's offer and pushing the boat out to keep him. 

*They won't. Ironman will be wanting some 17 year old from the Gibby to replace him for £30 a week. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I agree with the overall sentiment on your post, but do you honestly think people would just shrug their shoulders and say 'oh well' if Tidser went to a club on a similar level as us? There would (correctly) be scathing criticism of the manager and the board for allowing a player of Tidser's ability and longevity to join a divisional rival.

I do honestly think far less people would give a toss than should he join Falkirk. The usual score of Morons would still abuse, but most would be fine if a player left with dignity to a non-offensive opponent.

Look how many applauded Harkins on his return (when he actually fell into the category of deserving a negative reaction).

I do honestly think far less people would give a toss than should he join Falkirk. The usual score of Morons would still abuse, but most would be fine if a player left with dignity to a non-offensive opponent.

Look how many applauded Harkins on his return (when he actually fell into the category of deserving a negative reaction).

Why?

We didn't offer him a new contract so he moved on. Hardly snake-esque behaviour.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Why?

We didn't offer him a new contract so he moved on. Hardly snake-esque behaviour.

Because he couldn't be arsed waiting a week or two like every other single person in the squad, he jumped at the first flash of ankle.

Oh, and confirming his snake like tendencies, he did the same to QOS just 6 months later when actually under contract.

Very harsh! Can’t blame him at all for looking for some security.

Agreed.  Queens might have gave him a deadline for all we know so he had to make a decision or likewise he might have worried he wouldn't be kept on by the new manager and took the security option. He was 33 and probably thinking it could be his last contract so i didn't blame him at all for leaving at the time what with all the uncertainty around us.

Its all panto villains for most ex players anyway. Could probably count on 1 hand how many returning got a good reception from us. Doyle was getting abuse on Tues when he done nothing wrong in his time here and was well liked as a person at least and was probably desperate to stay with us in the Summer.

Whilst Tidser clearly has an affinity with the club, i doubt he will lose any sleep over the prospect of a few boos and shouts when he does return as a Falkirk player, he will know that's part and parcel of football. Most footballers at our level have prob experienced it, especially with 1 year contracts being the norm these days!

Whilst Tidser clearly has an affinity with the club, i doubt he will lose any sleep over the prospect of a few boos and shouts when he does return as a Falkirk player

That’s a total contradiction in terms: if you have an affinity to this once-proud football club then you do not leave to sign for that horrible outfit and their lying snake of a manager: not least when you’ve got other deals on the table. This is entirely straightforward stuff.

So let’s start calling a King Snake a King Snake here instead of providing pathetic excuses for pure mercenary conduct.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived