The Tidser Thread - Page 12 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Tidser Thread

TRVMP

74 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think has happened with Tidser?

• Signed a pre-contract elsewhere
    • Signed a new deal with Morton
    • Nothing
    • Don't know

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tidser is a good player and certainly one of our better ones over the past few seasons.

However he is no Andy Ritchie , Derek McInness or Janne Lindberg and could be replaced with the correct scouting/management and coaching. Reece Lyon has enormous potential to fill the gap.

I cannot help but feel that behind the scenes we are in turmoil . McKinnon may well have been aware of this and thus used it to lure Michael away. I would suspect the PCA has a condition for both parties in the result of say relegation for Falkirk.

All I can say is Michael is good luck for the future I hope it works out for you.

I would urge to  board/Rae or Tinman Hawke get a statement out, clarify what's going on or risk fans like myself refusing to invest in merchandise or Season tickets for the club we love

I for one am seriously considering giving up my season ticket for the first time since I worked away from home Thirty years ago. Something that people who know me are stunned to hear, and I suspect I am not the only one.

JB

Power To The Powerless,

Strength Unto The Weak!

Tidser is a good player and certainly one of our better ones over the past few seasons.

However he is no Andy Ritchie , Derek McInness or Janne Lindberg and could be replaced with the correct scouting/management and coaching. Reece Lyon has enormous potential to fill the gap.

I cannot help but feel that behind the scenes we are in turmoil . McKinnon may well have been aware of this and thus used it to lure Michael away. I would suspect the PCA has a condition for both parties in the result of say relegation for Falkirk.

All I can say is Michael is good luck for the future I hope it works out for you.

I would urge to  board/Rae or Tinman Hawke get a statement out, clarify what's going on or risk fans like myself refusing to invest in merchandise or Season tickets for the club we love

I for one am seriously considering giving up my season ticket for the first time since I worked away from home Thirty years ago. Something that people who know me are stunned to hear, and I suspect I am not the only one.

JB

Great post. I certainly won't be buying a season card again unless we get more honesty and transparency as to where the club is headed. We almost appear to be winding down.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Because there was no way on earth the club would be in a position to double the wage of someone who is already one of the, if not the, highest earners at the club. He’s entitled to ask, of course he is, but there’s not a chance he was ever going to get that.

Double my wages! Double my wages or we’ll take it to Falkirk!

We should be planning for next season and signing players on PCA’s. However, we all know JJ is a game away from a crisis and, as such, there is a lack of stability on that front.

The championship will be a tough league again next season and we can’t afford to have a poor start. Hopefully we stay in the league though.

Great post. I certainly won't be buying a season card again unless we get more honesty and transparency as to where the club is headed. We almost appear to be winding down.

Likewise. We’ve been lied to by Crawford & co.

Likewise. We’ve been lied to by Crawford & co.

Is it just me that doesn't buy the "lied to" theory about Crawford?

Rather, I'd argue that he was more enthusiastic than ever about Morton at the start of the season as the main man and extended quite a bit of gratitude towards the support for how his dad was received on the day of his funeral, but had the stuffing knocked out of him by McKinnon's betrayal of his trust, and the subsequent duff appointment of a successor.

That's not to say that his tenure as Chairman so far has been an outstanding success, it clearly hasn't, but to say he's lied to us is stretching it and sensationalising things in the extreme.

Every single one of us is far less enthusiastic about Morton than we were walking out of Cappielow after beating Ross County in August, the main problem is that so too is the guy that holds the purse strings.

Is it just me that doesn't buy the "lied to" theory about Crawford?

Rather, I'd argue that he was more enthusiastic than ever about Morton at the start of the season as the main man and extended quite a bit of gratitude towards the support for how his dad was received on the day of his funeral, but had the stuffing knocked out of him by McKinnon's betrayal of his trust, and the subsequent duff appointment of a successor.

That's not to say that his tenure as Chairman so far has been an outstanding success, it clearly hasn't, but to say he's lied to us is stretching it and sensationalising things in the extreme.

Every single one of us is far less enthusiastic about Morton than we were walking out of Cappielow after beating Ross County in August, the main problem is that so too is the guy that holds the purse strings.

Whether he's intentionally lied or not, he sold season tickets based on ambition that he has not upheld throughout the season. Budget cutting and losing our best player to a rival team is not what record number of fans signed up for last summer.

Being scunnered isn't a viable excuse and if anything it's more worrying than anything for someone who controls the purse strings.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

What evidence is there that the budget has been cut? And unless Millar has gone down the unlikely route of being a King Snake mercenary for that horrible outfit then we haven’t lost our best player either.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

What evidence is there that the budget has been cut? And unless Millar has gone down the unlikely route of being a King Snake mercenary for that horrible outfit then we haven’t lost our best player either.

JJ said it was and, I am guessing, if he was lying then the board would have responded.

JJ has lied about just about everything since he took over and realised that he’s a fucking shite manager; try again.

What actual evidence - based on our transfer deals in January - shows that Crawford Rae/the board have ‘lied’ by cutting the budget?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

We should be planning for next season and signing players on PCA’s. However, we all know JJ is a game away from a crisis and, as such, there is a lack of stability on that front.

The championship will be a tough league again next season and we can’t afford to have a poor start. Hopefully we stay in the league though.

The Championship isn’t tough. We’ve been guff for 90% of the season and could still finish 4th.

He was shite. His set-pieces all 2nd half were absolutely honking, Falkirk were a mess from any decent delivery in the first half and we should have been looking to capitalise on it 2nd half. The pass into Kiltie that led to Dixon's 2nd yellow was nice, otherwise had zero impact on the game. Anyone who thinks he was anywhere near the best player on the pitch is delusional.

Whether he's intentionally lied or not, he sold season tickets based on ambition that he has not upheld throughout the season. Budget cutting and losing our best player to a rival team is not what record number of fans signed up for last summer.

Being scunnered isn't a viable excuse and if anything it's more worrying than anything for someone who controls the purse strings.

Agree with this.

Someone is hiding something. JJ seems to have blown the cover story to an extent.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived