Jim (TTG) McInally v Warren Hawker. - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Jim (TTG) McInally v Warren Hawker.

Cappiecat 1.2

I found it quite telling when he compared us unfavourably with the East Stirling fans during his tenure there. His point was that they were a far jollier bunch, and realised that winning football matches isn’t the be all and end all. Again, he was probably correct in the point about football meaning more than it should to folk, but when the guy that was employed to specifically do just that was trivialising it, it shows how we really are well rid.

Vaguely remember him making some kind of ludicrous comment about people only giving him pelters because they couldn't do it to their wives or something along those lines. Might have been McCormack though.

AWMSC

I must be in the minority but i personally have no ill feeling towards McInally.  Was he a great Morton manager, absolutely not, but was he a snake like McKinnon, no chance. He was given longer in the job that he should have been  but that's not his fault, that lies with Dougie and his love for him!  From memory,  he offered his resignation before he was sacked but Dougie refused.

One of my most enjoyable seasons was winning the 2006-2007 season with McGowan big temps, Millar etc and that Killie game!

Revisionism of the worst kind. McInally took over after the infamous 03-04 campaign but at a time when the link between the fanbase and the club was not yet fully broken. That was his work. Three solid years of building an utterly pathetic siege mentality within the first team against the big bad fanbase - all just to allow vermin like Scott McLaughlin to slither to a league title in the seaside leagues. A manager who lied and claimed that fans abused his family because he didn't fancy resigning after all once he had predictably made an utter arse of it in the play-offs. The club has still not fully recovered from all the poison that he left in the well.

The club will never recover from his catastrophic management though. He had three-quarters of a season with by the far the largest budget in the Second Division at his disposal in 2004-05; despite failing to use it efficiently, Morton still had promotion in their own hands by April. Then McInally did what McInally does - he bottled it by drawing against utter dung in the form of Forfar and Dumbarton prior to the Stranraer game . Under a competent manager, we would have sailed up to the First Division a year ahead of Gretna and with the momentum to have a serious crack at the top flight in 05-06 and 06-07. Thanks to McInally's gross incompetence, we squandered all remaining momentum and incurred well over half a million pounds of losses scrambling out of a crap level instead - while the likes of Hamilton and Partick got out without the same difficulty and didn't look back as a result. The journey back from Stranraer in 2005 is his doing. Ditto the trip from Peterhead the following year. That is his legacy rather than a one-off cup success against Kilmarnock, which in the grand scheme of things amounts to almost nothing. 

McInally's gormless title 'success' in 2006-07 is by a country mile the least impressive one in the club's history books. They were the only full-time team in a division of pub teams huffing and puffing their way to the title. They also bottled two double-digit leads in the process (October-December and again in February-April) and even lost in a disgracefully insipid manner to Raith fucking Rovers on the day that clinched the league. Duffy can always point to clinching La Decima as a credible achievement in his spell at the club - McInally can do no such thing with that utterly tainted title. 

And of course he then proved to be disastrously out of his depth in the division that we spent half a decade gormlessly trying to reach - signing utter garbage, sending Chris Millar towards the exit door by acting like an utter fanny and having the club on a track to certain relegation until Sir David Irons stepped in and saved the day. 

Jim McInally will go down in the history books as one of the worst managers to have darkened the door of this football club, as well as the biggest bottler of play-off matches in the entire history of Scottish football. Get him hounded. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived