The KKK Bin Pub Review Thread - Page 12 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The KKK Bin Pub Review Thread

K K Kelbie

Aye, it is. Whilst it's no loss to the world as a pub, such a heavy fine and the almost-inevitable closure of a small, local business is completely unacceptable, in my opinion, especially when you look at the leniency with which far more serious crimes are handled...and that's before we even get started on Murdoch and his business model.

It's fine to punish them, but I don't really see it as the state's business to be protecting private profits in such a vicious manner. You shouldn't lose your business just for showing a few games of football to one man and his dug.

For what it would have cost to get a genuine licence to show Sky TV, and considering the alternative is losing his livelihood, was it worth it by getting some dodgy box?

I have no sympathy when I hear of pub landlords losing money or their livelihoods due to their own greed. They never seem to pass on the savings they make to the ordinary drinking punters.

*insert signature here*

Serves me right for drinking regular Strongbow, but The Norseman served up possibly the worst pint of it I’ve ever tasted a few weeks ago. It’s an acquired taste at the best of times, but fuck me this was something else.

Anyone who drinks cider should be banned from this thread.

Absolute wrong'uns. Just get yourself a Smirnoff Ice and be done with it.

• Upvote 1

For what it would have cost to get a genuine licence to show Sky TV, and considering the alternative is losing his livelihood, was it worth it by getting some dodgy box?

I have no sympathy when I hear of pub landlords losing money or their livelihoods due to their own greed. They never seem to pass on the savings they make to the ordinary drinking punters.

The annual cost of BT & Sky can significantly exceed the 10k fine typically handed down for dodging the fees. I don't much care for landlords' bank balances either but these rates are probably contributing to the shift towards big chains.

The Norseman is an absolute hole. The fact that it's right next to Cappielow is not a redeeming feature.

It quite clearly is, as otherwise you'd be traipsing to a fucking Brewers' Fayre for the nearest pint to the ground. Which is the mark of tinpot Legoland grounds like Broadwood and Forthbank. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The Elbow Room is obviously not much of a bin pub, but it does a superb cheeseburger and chips for £5.50 and the last time I was in they had Munich Red lager on tap as well. A pub lunch fit for the gods right there. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Anyone who drinks cider should be banned from this thread.

Absolute wrong'uns. Just get yourself a Smirnoff Ice and be done with it.

An ice cold cider, Bulmers especially, is absolutly magnificent. Great way to start an evening of drinking before working your way up imo.

• Downvote 1

An ice cold cider, Bulmers especially, is absolutly magnificent. Great way to start an evening of drinking before working your way up imo.

The only time a Bulmers tempts me is when I'm hanging out my arse. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Salty is a Cider drinker.

You are like a younger Salty.

*insert signature here*

I had a very, very dry cider once in Los Angeles, sold in cans in a four-pack, and it was superb stuff. Unfortunately I can't find it here, and our national brands and local ones seem not to be dry. So, seemingly the taste of cider drinkers, at least here, is towards sweet. This definitely suggests that they're wrong 'uns.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png