Dumbarton Game - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dumbarton Game

vicmaramyton

You'll find few managers complaining about eight days without a game at this time of year, never mind before a game that requires intense commitment from the start. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Surely its too early to have one today as its bound to be called off.

The temp is to rise tomorrow and will be around 6 degrees tomorrow afternoon

Give it until 12pm tomorrow and see how it looks.

If it is called off, least the players have a rest before a big game. Means we cant pick up suspensions or injuries while the skunks have a tough 90 mins ahead of them tonight. Hopefully Morgan pulls a hammy and McKenzie gets sent off.

The days when you played with an orange mitre mouldie - boy did it hurt when one scudded off your thigh!

I can think of worse places than your thigh to get hit with a mitre.  :blink:

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

I can think of worse places than your thigh to get hit with a mitre.  :blink:

Getting smacked on the face with a 'mouldeh' was a rite of passage that every tyke had to endure at least once. Preferably in the dead of winter.

EOho8Pw.png

Getting smacked on the face with a 'mouldeh' was a rite of passage that every tyke had to endure at least once. Preferably in the dead of winter.

I was thinking a bit lower down, but yes. I can still feel it.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

As VT alludes to, a lot of Dumbarton fans are unhappy with the proposals and the owners Brabco aren't trusted at all. The proposed site for the new stadium is in a flood plain for a start, there are serious doubts over the estimates from the owners of the amount of money the club would make from renting facilities out, and the ground is further away from the town centre.

Far more importantly than those issues, their current stadium is owned by the club, while under these proposals the new stadium will be owned by Brabco, not the club. If that doesn't set alarm bells ringing nothing will. A company come into a club explicitly stating they have no interest in football and just want to make a profit out of it, that's fine if they sell the land, build the club a shiny new stadium then leave with whatever money they've made from that sale. However if a company comes into a club in that situation, sells one stadium and builds another then ****s off with the money from the sale while also owning the new stadium and the land it sits on forever with the club now owning nothing, while the owners have explicitly stated that profit is their only motive and they don't give a s*** about football, that can only be an absolute disaster in the long-term for a football club.

Interesting. Straight out of the Hugh Scott playbook.

Anyone remember the Hamilton game at the old Douglas Park that was abandoned due to snow? We ended up on the pitch having a snowball fight.

Some Hamilton official was giving out tickets for the rearranged game, in school on the Monday there was loads of tickets going about, we ended up taking about 2 or 3 times the Saturday crowd to the midweek game.

Anyone remember the Hamilton game at the old Douglas Park that was abandoned due to snow? We ended up on the pitch having a snowball fight.

Some Hamilton official was giving out tickets for the rearranged game, in school on the Monday there was loads of tickets going about, we ended up taking about 2 or 3 times the Saturday crowd to the midweek game.

I remember that game.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Sounds a quality day out.

I am trying to remember the game where there was a tannoy announcement asking the fans to please stop hurling snowballs at players taking corners. The 'mature' response at the next corner was for the game to be momentarily stopped due to an avalanche of snowballs.

A 16 year old Steve aitkens debut

Archived