Dumbarton Game - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dumbarton Game

vicmaramyton

Given the sentiments expressed by many Dumbarton fans about the Walter Mitty promises made, I'd be surprised if they end up with a ground at all by the end of this process.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I see Dumbarton will be moving to a 4000 all seater stadium with the current stadium being demolished for housing.

A £13.5 million facility:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/dumbarton-fcs-new-stadium-jeopardy-10697880

Planning application to be considered at the end of next month:

https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2017/12/22/stadium-project-info/

A £13.5 million facility:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/dumbarton-fcs-new-stadium-jeopardy-10697880

Planning application to be considered at the end of next month:

https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2017/12/22/stadium-project-info/

Any idea where the £13.5m is coming from?

ETA: looks like building/selling residential property on the site.

It's a bit odd considering how (relatively) new their current stadium is, but if they think this is a better deal then best of luck to them.

To be fair to them, it looks like they struck gold when they bought that land and built the ground there. There was very little there when we made our first visit and every subsequent one since there seems to have been more houses flung up in the surrounding area. It was a matter of time before someone tried to buy that land off them.

As VT alludes to, a lot of Dumbarton fans are unhappy with the proposals and the owners Brabco aren't trusted at all. The proposed site for the new stadium is in a flood plain for a start, there are serious doubts over the estimates from the owners of the amount of money the club would make from renting facilities out, and the ground is further away from the town centre.

Far more importantly than those issues, their current stadium is owned by the club, while under these proposals the new stadium will be owned by Brabco, not the club. If that doesn't set alarm bells ringing nothing will. A company come into a club explicitly stating they have no interest in football and just want to make a profit out of it, that's fine if they sell the land, build the club a shiny new stadium then leave with whatever money they've made from that sale. However if a company comes into a club in that situation, sells one stadium and builds another then fucks off with the money from the sale while also owning the new stadium and the land it sits on forever with the club now owning nothing, while the owners have explicitly stated that profit is their only motive and they don't give a shit about football, that can only be an absolute disaster in the long-term for a football club.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

As VT alludes to, a lot of Dumbarton fans are unhappy with the proposals and the owners Brabco aren't trusted at all. The proposed site for the new stadium is in a flood plain for a start, there are serious doubts over the estimates from the owners of the amount of money the club would make from renting facilities out, and the ground is further away from the town centre.

Far more importantly than those issues, their current stadium is owned by the club, while under these proposals the new stadium will be owned by Brabco, not the club. If that doesn't set alarm bells ringing nothing will. A company come into a club explicitly stating they have no interest in football and just want to make a profit out of it, that's fine if they sell the land, build the club a shiny new stadium then leave with whatever money they've made from that sale. However if a company comes into a club in that situation, sells one stadium and builds another then ****s off with the money from the sale while also owning the new stadium and the land it sits on forever with the club now owning nothing, while the owners have explicitly stated that profit is their only motive and they don't give a s*** about football, that can only be an absolute disaster in the long-term for a football club.

Wasn't aware of that. F*ck that.

Archived