The Big Accountability Thread - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big Accountability Thread

TheGoon

There was also Dr. John Hall to blame, who bought the club from the Steedmans and subsequently tried to move it to Dublin, whilst retaining SFL membership.

Whilst the Steedman's kicked the decline off by selling New Kilbowie, Hall pretty much finished the job off.

What Ballantyne and Airdrie did was immoral, but I wouldn't say it was cheating. Of course it leaves a sour taste in the mouth, but nowhere near as sour as the blatant cheating that went on at Rangers.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was also Dr. John Hall to blame, who bought the club from the Steedmans and subsequently tried to move it to Dublin, whilst retaining SFL membership.

Whilst the Steedman's kicked the decline off by selling New Kilbowie, Hall pretty much finished the job off.

What Ballantyne and Airdrie did was immoral, but I wouldn't say it was cheating. Of course it leaves a sour taste in the mouth, but nowhere near as sour as the blatant cheating that went on at Rangers.

That was his name, Hall, couldn't remember. A real frying pan-into-the-fire situation.

EOho8Pw.png

So is the Hibs chairman also involved. This is a cover up or are clubs scared in case what happened to raith rovers chairman happens to them

I think the Hibs statement is reasonable. I don't agree with it, but it's reasonable. They focus on moving on and looking forward, which is an appealing prospect, and they also point out that even with the SPFL board requesting further review, that same board has admitted that (in their view - backed by the view of many of the relevant lawyers) there can be no further punishment meted out. So, pretty reasonable stuff, even if you disagree with it, and I don't think it necessarily points to a cover-up on the part of Hibs.

EOho8Pw.png

The SFA are up to there eye balls in corruption here. Look back at the who was involved. That's all I'm saying

Sure, the SFA itself was complicit, and apparently Petrie at Hibs wants the SFA job, but I don't think that means Hibs as a club have necessarily done anything. I could be wrong.

EOho8Pw.png

Fair enough to Hibs for looking forward, but they say they want to look to the future and make sure events like Rangers dying don't happen again. That'd require a review surely? Them and Aberdeen wanting nothing to do with it surprises me.

A decent thread about a contentious issue and then Red Ed gets on board.

Personally I couldn't care less about EBTs and title stripping as I think most fans (including some Rangers fans) see those titles as tainted in some way anyway.

The interesting bit for me is the governing bodies cosy looking relationship with Charles Green while he was raising - and blowing - massive amounts of cash, especially during a period where multiple court cases were ongoing over financial mismanagement.

As for Celtic, they'll always find an axe to grind as it keeps their fantasist base onside. However, corruption has been rife in football across Europe so maybe they're right to keep asking questions.

Just going back to this latter point - it's a bit of a shanner when notoriously corrupt countries like Italy have far more wide-ranging investigations than does Scotland. If the Oldco hadn't been liquidated there is no way in hell they'd have been anywhere but the top flight, no matter what was found out.

EOho8Pw.png

Fair enough to Hibs for looking forward, but they say they want to look to the future and make sure events like Rangers dying don't happen again. That'd require a review surely? Them and Aberdeen wanting nothing to do with it surprises me.

Some other clubs have now joined these two. Hearts, Ross County, Kilmarnock.

Thus far the authorities are correct - only Celtic have actually called for this as a club.

EOho8Pw.png

I wonder if Celtic tried to sound out other clubs to see if they'd support them before making their statements. If another club had been willing to front it with the full support of Celtic, a lot of others might have spoke up but when it's Celtic at the forefront its probably easier for everybody else to shy away from it.

If the SFA won't investigate the Rangers situation then its member clubs should be pushing for an external review of the SFA itself.

AWMSC

The reason that no other clubs want a review is pretty straight forward to me- nobody wants to be watching their back for the rest of their life.

We as fans want to see justice done, and I don't doubt the clubs do too, but that comes at a price. Ask a director of a football club to explain to his wife that their family could be placed under threat and alarm all in the name of sporting integrity and I'm afraid morals will go out the window.

The reason that no other clubs want a review is pretty straight forward to me- nobody wants to be watching their back for the rest of their life.

We as fans want to see justice done, and I don't doubt the clubs do too, but that comes at a price. Ask a director of a football club to explain to his wife that their family could be placed under threat and alarm all in the name of sporting integrity and I'm afraid morals will go out the window.

Aye, definitely. I meant to add that to my first post actually, it'd take a brave club/person indeed to be the first head above the parapet, but I was mostly just speculating.

AWMSC

Archived