Dumbarton Vs Morton - League Opener - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dumbarton Vs Morton - League Opener

TheGoon

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yip. fairly garbage start to the season. Poor in league cup, and a draw against a part-time team to start the league.

Need a couple of quality players in urgently.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

We don't usually play well at Dumbarton, not overly concerned especially after one game. Bring on the Midden!!

The Midden have just beaten one of the (supposedly) stronger teams in the league.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

We don't usually play well at Dumbarton, not overly concerned especially after one game. Bring on the Midden!!

Yes, the Midden are definitely an attractive prospect when they just beat one of the title favourites and we haven't had a credible result since March.

A point away from home with one fit centre back and their keeper making a few good saves doesn't sound that bad to me. Take it the overall performance was grim?

Every save their goalkeeper made was entirely routine. We created nothing: the result isn't good but the performance was far, far more concerning.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I can see the next midden game being much worse than the last one. Our squad is too thin just now. I know we are missing Oliver and harkins but really Oliver is gash and harkins is a shambles

Harsh as fuck on Oliver.

EOho8Pw.png

A point away from home with one fit centre back and their keeper making a few good saves doesn't sound that bad to me. Take it the overall performance was grim?

I said earlier this week a draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world, but by all accounts the performance wasn't there today either, nor any signs that 4-3-3 is the way forward.

Archived