Dumbarton Vs Morton - League Opener - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dumbarton Vs Morton - League Opener

TheGoon

Anyone there able to say how it's going so far?

We are clearly the better team so far without creating too many clear chances. Too many high balls in the wind when we are much better stringing passes together.

We are not great at the back and gifted them a 1 on 1. Gaston saved.

Ref is an arse.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to somebody on the Facebook group, Aiden Nesbitt is watching the game from the stand. Get him ****ing signed.

He is indeed and apparently there's only 1 of him, he hates St Mirren and he responds appropriately when politely encouraged to 'gies a wave'.

I presume the 4-3-3 is, as usual, not working?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Is there nobody at the game that can provide some kind of HT report? I don't think mine (posted from the Costa Del Sol) was truly appreciated.

See above. Pattern continued for the remainder of the half. Add in Doyle unable to get a cross in or when he does it is poor.

1 more good chance to Dumbarton when the defence failed to react to a corner that went to the edge of the box rather than into it. Good save Gaston required.

Skunks 2-1 up on Falkirk.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

See above. Pattern continued for the remainder of the half. Add in Doyle unable to get a cross in or when he does it is poor.

This is quickly becoming annoying. If he can't cross a ball what the fck is he doing in training.

With the skunks currently tearing Falkirk up, I'm not looking forward to next week.......

With the skunks currently tearing Falkirk up, I'm not looking forward to next week.......

Snap... a confident St Mirren and a Morton team that aren't really firing - all know how that ends up!

Dumbarton v Morton the only game in Scotland without a goal.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Archived