Dumbarton Vs Morton - League Opener - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dumbarton Vs Morton - League Opener

TheGoon

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. I know we're still struggling in defence but Dumbarton are short a few bodies as well, and didn't exactly look great in the League Cup.

Same team as last week assuming no one's recovered. Not sure how long Barr was supposed to be our for but I'd put him in for McManus if he's fit. Lamie is hoping to be involved in the game but it's looking unlikely he'd start http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/15445678.Morton_defender_Lamie_hopes_to_be_fit_to_face_Dumbarton_after_scan_success/

A draw wouldn't be the worst result here, but I still reckon we've got enough up top to win it. Thomson FGS IMO.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. I know we're still struggling in defence but Dumbarton are short a few bodies as well, and didn't exactly look great in the League Cup.

Same team as last week assuming no one's recovered. Not sure how long Barr was supposed to be our for but I'd put him in for McManus if he's fit. Lamie is hoping to be involved in the game but it's looking unlikely he'd start http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/15445678.Morton_defender_Lamie_hopes_to_be_fit_to_face_Dumbarton_after_scan_success/

A draw wouldn't be the worst result here, but I still reckon we've got enough up top to win it. Thomson FGS IMO.

I wouldn't play Barr seen as he's suspended.

A draw would be a terrible result.

I wouldn't play Barr seen as he's suspended.

A draw would be a terrible result.

Didn't know he had a suspension. "Terrible" is an overreaction as well. Far from ideal but with McManus & Iredale at the back I wouldn't be as bothered.

Lads is the match ticket only or pay at the gate. I'm flying in about one o'clock for a visit home, but if it's pay at the gate I might go straight to the game. Anyone know ? Also directions to ground once you cross erskine bridge. Not been to the new ground. Cheers !

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Lads is the match ticket only or pay at the gate. I'm flying in about one o'clock for a visit home, but if it's pay at the gate I might go straight to the game. Anyone know ? Also directions to ground once you cross erskine bridge. Not been to the new ground. Cheers !

Pay at the gate, all £20 of it.

Look for the big fucking rock. Close enough to it and you'll find floodlights and a stand.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Assuming you can't open Google Maps :P drive to Dumbarton, take a left at Dumbarton East station, drive towards rock, park at ground.

EOho8Pw.png

It is indeed PATG. When you come off the Erskine Bridge, follow the signs for Helensburgh/Dumbarton, go straight at the first 2 roundabouts, then bend to the left after Arnold Clark and you're in Dumbarton. Head towards Dumbarton rock, you can't miss it. 👍🏻

Archived