Morton Vs Edinburgh City - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Vs Edinburgh City

TheGoon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now that Forbes is taking the corners again, we're scoring from them?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

We are a much better team without harkins.

It's just the truth.

4 quick, athletic players pressing and moving with 2 talented passers in behind sounds about right. A team built around Gary Harkins is a terrible idea.

I was happy when he signed as I thought he was brought in as an upgrade on Kudus/Scullion. Hopefully Duffy sees it that way and the last few games were just an experiment.

Hearts are out - finishing behind Dunfermline & Peterhead. 

Edit - the four second place teams going out are Morton, ICT, Peterhead and Albion Rovers. Through are Killie, Dundee or Dundee Utd, Partick Thistle & Ross County.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Bit better today. Some nice goals and it could've been more. City are the worst team I've seen at Cappielow in some time though so won't take too much from it, an improvement was obvious though.

I know the opposition wasn't great, but I thought Iredale looked really good, might their goalkeeper be worth a look, he kept the score relatively respectable for them.

I'm sure he played at this level before with QOS on loan from St Johnstone, and was absolutely brutal.

I know the opposition wasn't great, but I thought Iredale looked really good, might their goalkeeper be worth a look, he kept the score relatively respectable for them.

Agreed. Their keeper had a good game despite conceding 5. Iredale strolled through the game. Will be interesting to see him against better opposition.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Suggesting we look at their keeper is a suggestion right out of the Derek Gaston school of judging a goalkeeper.

He made some good saves, is a good shot stopper but a good shot stopped does not a good goalkeeper make.

His kicking was shocking, his distribution was poor and he was prone to a drop or fumble.

We already have a goalkeeper who fits that description.

Comfortable win against possibly the worst team I've ever seen us play against.

Despite them being poor we did play some good football and if nothing else all 3 strikers getting goals should do the confidence a world of good. Boy Iredale looked decent on the ball as well

Archived