The Big Ginormous Playoff Thread - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big Ginormous Playoff Thread

TheGoon

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't have batted an eyelid if they got a half each on Saturday there so easy to assume it was just a change rather than injury. Injury isn't good if he's needed though.

Both of them done well on Saturday. Either or would do a job if Gaston was missing or injured. I've obviously seen a lot of McGowan and I do rate him. Have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by halliwell at weekend.

Good move by the club to tie McGowan up on a new deal. Apparently Livingston and Queen Of The South were looking at him.

According to Halliwell in today's Sun, his injury has ended his career. He says the injury was as a result of a combination of a lack of fitness and his age.

Wait, what? So he's totally done?

According to Halliwell in today's Sun, his injury has ended his career. He says the injury was as a result of a combination of a lack of fitness and his age.

Sincere thanks for his contribution over the last 8 years.

Can we get some sort of help from the SFA to allow us to sign another goalie in these circumstances? I highly doubt we'll be there but going into the playoff final there would be a lot of pressure on McGowan.

Can we get some sort of help from the SFA to allow us to sign another goalie in these circumstances? I highly doubt we'll be there but going into the playoff final there would be a lot of pressure on McGowan.

It's after the 31st March, no signings allowed. I'm happier with McGowan than Halliwell anyway.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

There's no scope to register players after March 31 and absolutely no good reason for the football authorities to do so anyway. Morton running their squad like a bunch of amateurs is not a valid excuse and if the club feels instead that Gaston is at fault then they should take action against himsuch as not offering another contract. It has nothing to do with the authorities.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The English FA allowed Chesterfield to loan an emergency keeper for their playoff game a couple of seasons ago during their keeper crisis, much to the disgruntlement of Preston I believe. Not sure if the SFA would do the same. Ultimately it's our own fault.

Obviously I want us to get any possible advantage in the playoffs but the SFA shouldn't be giving out favors in these circumstances. We have two fit goalkeepers. Gaston has offered to fly back, so we have no excuse for not having one on the bench and one on the pitch.

EOho8Pw.png

It's after the 31st March, no signings allowed. I'm happier with McGowan than Halliwell anyway.

Am I the only one that thought Halliwell did ok on Saturday? He was a lot better than I expected :lol:

Am I the only one that thought Halliwell did ok on Saturday? He was a lot better than I expected :lol:

I was pleasantly surprised. He certainly seemed to command his area better than Gaston had of late. Was more interested in seeing how McGowan got on, and he seemed fairly comfortable too. The boy can also kick the ball pretty much the length of the pitch. Could be a useful tool.

He was fine, although I thought he was maybe a bit slow going down for the goal. There was nothing concerning about either of their performances, but I'm still just inclined to feel that Halliwell had moved down the levels to the juniors for a reason and I'd be more comfortable with McGowan if it's between the two of them. Aye, he chose to a punch a cross when he could have caught it, but I'd rather a goalkeeper making their mind up and getting a good punch in than Gaston's recent tendency to fumble simple catches.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived