The Big Ginormous Playoff Thread - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big Ginormous Playoff Thread

TheGoon

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tickets for Tannadice will be onsale at Smiths, at Cappielow and over the phone from 9am tomorrow... no mention of whether you can buy them at the ground before the game though! http://gmfc.net/2017/05/08/tannadice-tickets-on-sale-tomorrow/

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I can't see Lindsay or Nesbitt staying at Celtic next season.

When you are playing week in week out at a decent level to then go back to development games, don't think they are the type of players who would settle for that.

They must know deep down that they probably wont get a chance at Celtic so will most likely want first team football again next season, even if its another loan move.

Nesbitt has the likes of Forrest, Roberts, Sinclair, Mackay- Steven ahead of him and Lindsay has Brown, Mcgregor, Henderson, Armstrong, Rogic, Kouassi etc. When you add in the players out on loan- Ryan Christie, Scott Allan, Ajer, they have no chance.  They will no doubt strengthen in the Summer as well.

In summary, Come back to the ton boys!

Got a wee bit of a dilemma here....

Booked flights for the 2nd leg when it was originally scheduled on Saturday, now it's moved to Friday evening it'll be touch and go if I'll make it to Tannadice on time for the KO as land at Edinburgh at tea time. If the flight's on time I might just make it, but if it's delayed I've got no chance. Still to book the hotel and car hire. 

So.... need to decide if I just call the game a bogey and cut my losses, or go for broke and book the car and hotel. 

Only thing that's guaranteed is that whatever decision I make, it'll end up being the wrong one, ha!

I can't see Lindsay or Nesbitt staying at Celtic next season.

When you are playing week in week out at a decent level to then go back to development games, don't think they are the type of players who would settle for that.

They must know deep down that they probably wont get a chance at Celtic so will most likely want first team football again next season, even if its another loan move.

Nesbitt has the likes of Forrest, Roberts, Sinclair, Mackay- Steven ahead of him and Lindsay has Brown, Mcgregor, Henderson, Armstrong, Rogic, Kouassi etc. When you add in the players out on loan- Ryan Christie, Scott Allan, Ajer, they have no chance.  They will no doubt strengthen in the Summer as well.

In summary, Come back to the ton boys!

Another loan move for Lindsay will probably be at another top-flight (bottom six) club though. There's no point in them sending him out on loan to a team with the exact same goal as we had this time: we'll need promotion to stand a chance of keeping hold of him IMO.

Nesbitt I can take or leave. There might be a wide player with a more consistent end product available in the summer.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Tickets for Tannadice will be onsale at Smiths, at Cappielow and over the phone from 9am tomorrow... no mention of whether you can buy them at the ground before the game though! http://gmfc.net/2017/05/08/tannadice-tickets-on-sale-tomorrow/

Typical Morton. "We'll make it easy for people who aren't local and sell them before the game". Nah, screw that. Charge them an extra fiver to have them posted out special delivery...

Typical Morton. "We'll make it easy for people who aren't local and sell them before the game". Nah, screw that. Charge them an extra fiver to have them posted out special delivery...

Well not really in this case: recorded delivery will cost the club money so that should be passed on to the purchaser. Or you can head down to Smiths before 5:30pm before tomorrow's game, or you can take your chances that tickets will be available on Friday at the ground. The club really isn't obliged to do anything more in these circumstances, so get off your cross. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Don't really see the problem here. There's short timescales and the tickets need to be out within a day or so to make sure people have them.

Booked flights for the 2nd leg when it was originally scheduled on Saturday, now it's moved to Friday evening it'll be touch and go if I'll make it to Tannadice on time for the KO as land at Edinburgh at tea time. If the flight's on time I might just make it, but if it's delayed I've got no chance. Still to book the hotel and car hire. 

So.... need to decide if I just call the game a bogey and cut my losses, or go for broke and book the car and hotel. 

Only thing that's guaranteed is that whatever decision I make, it'll end up being the wrong one, ha!

You could leave the hotel and car decision until after the first leg - the result might make your decision a bit easier :thumbdown:  I'm quite hopeful that we'll still be in with a shout after tomorrow's game, so you're back to square one and hoping for a straightforward flight arrival. (It's just over an hours drive ? so you could make it OK) Good luck anyway.

Show Racism the Red Card

Many we taking through then?

Sadly I think it'll be a pitiful support. People working, change at short notice, hardly any supporters buses laid on...400? I'm not even making it.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I had a look at hotels just in case it goes to ET and possibly penalties, making a day of it on the Saturday as I have to work on Friday.

Some hotels give you the option to book and free cancellation before midday on your day of arrival.

Hope that helps you

Sadly I think it'll be a pitiful support. People working, change at short notice, hardly any supporters buses laid on...400? I'm not even making it.

Woeful.

Just hope folk make an effort, regardless of Tue. One last day out if it's looking grim

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Don't really see the problem here. There's short timescales and the tickets need to be out within a day or so to make sure people have them.

Why not sell them in the Smiths van before tomorrow's game?

There's a home match. The majority of the customer base will be mobilised and present in the one location at that time. You sell them then, and there, like every other club would do.

According to the match report Halliwell was indeed injured on Saturday. I know some weren't sure if it was just to give McGowan some game time.

Wouldn't have batted an eyelid if they got a half each on Saturday there so easy to assume it was just a change rather than injury. Injury isn't good if he's needed though.

The same guy missed their cup tie against Celtic last season because he'd booked a mid-season holiday to Australia. He's probably their best player so missing this one wouldn't have looked great at all. Anyway, going to try and get a ticket for their home game on Saturday and I'll be making the trip to Cowdenbeath for the second leg.

As far as I know though, Gaston has said that in spite of the wedding he'd be available to play in all the play off games because of the way the dates land if the club are prepared to fly him back. This may now have changed now the play off dates are slightly different to those originally published though.

Yeah, pretty common i'm sure at that level (can't get out of work, got something on etc). I liked his quote that he wouldn't miss this one for the world because it's their biggest game in history. Most of the press would still make out that the Celtic game was.

Enjoy the games. Pleased to see them beat Buckie. They at least want to get into the league whereas Buckie had no interest - would have been pointless if Buckie had won. EK have already beaten Cowden this season so they have a good chance.

Guess the Gaston stuff is only an issue if we get to the final. Would have been nice to hear from the club with the info now in the public domain but I guess they wouldn't want to talk about an issue that might not even materialise.

Archived