Season 2017-2018 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season 2017-2018

Mr.Blue

Probably a little premature considering we are in the playoffs but the way we are playing I'm going to assume we will be in the championship next season. Having a think about positions that need strengthening and potential targets so here's my thought:

goalkeeper - I'd like to see us enquiries about Alan Martin of Dumbarton. Good shotstopper and seems to command his area well.

Rb- Doyle

cb- O'Ware (if he stays)

Cb- new/kilday

lb- Lamie/Russell/strapp

rm- forbes

cm- murdoch (would love to sign him on for another year)

cm- tidser

lm- new

cf- oliver

cf- quitongo/ Thomson

Can't think if I've missed anyone? Think we really need a better player than kilday at centre half. Gunning would be ideal but he won't be back.

Prior to the last 8 games I'd have said the midfield was fine but I'm forbes should have been dropped during this period so I'd like another option for right mid. In the middle I'd love to have murdoch, lindsay and Tidser here next season but doubt they'll all be here. I also think we could be doing with another ball winning centre mid in the squad. Can't see Nisbet coming back either so assume well be looking for a left mid. Thomson has played there for Dumbarton but not sure where his best position is.

Up front we'll have Oliver, quitongo and Thomson. Hopefully Kudus and shanks are away and we can bring another striker in. Scullion should be released as well. The boy has talent but needs to move to develop his career.

I don't have much knowledge of the development squad so there may be guys in there ready to step up like Quitongo last season?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Kilday is a better defender than O'Ware.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Think so? Id say O'Ware has been our best defender this season.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I have far more confidence in O'Ware than Kilday. I think Kilday is a good player but there's weaknesses, same with O'Ware but I think he's better overall.

Think so? Id say O'Ware has been our best defender this season.

Gunning has been our best defender this season and Kilday has been our second best. These are facts.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

League goals conceded per match prior to today:

O'Ware: 1.088

Kilday: 1.05

Sir Gavin 0.9

None of them are bad (nor is Lamie IMO) but only two are Bonuccis and O'Ware isn't one of them.

Gunning has been our best defender this season and Kilday has been our second best. These are facts.

No. They're an opinion. O'Ware has shown far more consistency and performed to a higher standard than Kilday all season. Not to mention his goals.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

You obviously weren't at game today at fault at 2nd and third

Nobody cares about a dead rubber match. Sir Gavin would have picked the ball up and walked off the park in that situation.

No. They're an opinion. O'Ware has shown far more consistency and performed to a higher standard than Kilday all season. Not to mention his goals.

The defensive facts show that he hasn't though.

Statistics are facts but not facts that tell the whole story. O'Ware has been much more consistent than Kilday this season and has hardly missed a game. When you add in his goals scored he has been much more valuable to the team.

Probably a little premature considering we are in the playoffs but the way we are playing I'm going to assume we will be in the championship next season. Having a think about positions that need strengthening and potential targets so here's my thought:

goalkeeper - I'd like to see us enquiries about Alan Martin of Dumbarton. Good shotstopper and seems to command his area well.

Rb- Doyle

cb- O'Ware (if he stays)

Cb- new/kilday

lb- Lamie/Russell/strapp

rm- forbes

cm- tidser

lm- new

cf- oliver

cf- quitongo/ Thomson

Can't think if I've missed anyone? Think we really need a better player than kilday at centre half. Gunning would be ideal but he won't be back.

Prior to the last 8 games I'd have said the midfield was fine but I'm forbes should have been dropped during this period so I'd like another option for right mid. In the middle I'd love to have murdoch, lindsay and Tidser here next season but doubt they'll all be here. I also think we could be doing with another ball winning centre mid in the squad. Can't see Nisbet coming back either so assume well be looking for a left mid. Thomson has played there for Dumbarton but not sure where his best position is.

Up front we'll have Oliver, quitongo and Thomson. Hopefully Kudus and shanks are away and we can bring another striker in. Scullion should be released as well. The boy has talent but needs to move to develop his career.

I don't have much knowledge of the development squad so there may be guys in there ready to step up like Quitongo last season?

Have have to agree with you about the front 3 kudos, Shankland and Scullion if they are released it would free up wages to bring someone, As for the development squad Mitchell at cb has been consistent all season, he was on the bench today and will be a good prospect for the future, if Kilday is carry an injury wouldn't it have made sense to put the boy on at some stage today as there's was nothing to play for and give a tast of first team football

I've got that fear that if we don't go up, we will repeat the season we had after the last time we just missed promotion.

Also got the fear that the skunks are going up next season.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I've got that fear that if we don't go up, we will repeat the season we had after the last time we just missed promotion.

Also got the fear that the skunks are going up next season.

St Mirren and Dunfermline will be challenging next season along with either Or both Falkirk and Dundee Utd. I wouldn't be surprised to see us suffer next season.

We need a new goal keeper,center half,2 center mids,winger and a new striker to add to the squad as a minimum you could add 2 or 3 loans aswell. With lindsay nesbitt shankland kudus scullion and donelly leaving as well as murdoch maybe (would love to see him stay though) we really should be sounding players out now about wanting to sign. Duffy has a big job on his hands this summer in saying that if we lose next week and bounce out the playoffs at the first hurdle then thats 10/11 games without a win maybe it would be time to think about changing him aswell rather than wait untill sept/oct time.

Rb- Doyle

cb- O'Ware (if he stays)

Cb- new/kilday

lb- Lamie/Russell/strapp

rm- forbes

cm- tidser

lm- new

cf- oliver

cf- quitongo/ Thomson

Doyle has been our most consistent performer throughout the whole season i.e. not good enough. Cannot understand the admiration for him other than him obviously being a nice guy.

Doyle has been our most consistent performer throughout the whole season i.e. not good enough. Cannot understand the admiration for him other than him obviously being a nice guy.

Barring a few shockers against St Mirren & QOTS he's done pretty well for us.

Archived