Play Off Dates - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Play Off Dates

Mr.Blue

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we play Dundee United in the first round I think it may be on TV, although play Falkirk and it won't be.

why on earth not

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Do we think Duffy will rest the Majoirty of the starting 11 over the next 2 weeks or will he keep trying to get 2nd/3rd?

We can rest a couple of players but can we really have a full starting XI without having the usual suspects?

Halliwell

Strapp

Kilday

Lamie

McDonagh

Nesbitt

Tidser

Lindsay

Tiffoney

Kudus

Donnelly

Assuming Scullion is still injured. Would play him behind Kudus if fit.

I'd start Donnelly this weekend. I've been his biggest critic as I think he offers next to nothing but, given our complete lack of anything in the final third, we need to see if we can get something from somewhere - finding out what Donnelly can give us is a start.

The Forbes at wide right thing needs to be ended also. It's all very well to have somebody cutting in from the right and getting involved when things are going well and we're retaining the ball but as things are, we need width to give us another outlet to create chances. Nesbitt has been excellent recently but our complete lack of a threat of any kind from the other side has made us easy to defend against.

Don't think I'd play Strapp other than to give somebody a rest. With Lamie and Russell there it's unlikely you're going to use him in the playoffs.

Have the club said anything about the Gaston rumour?

TRUST THE DUFF

I'd start Donnelly this weekend. I've been his biggest critic as I think he offers next to nothing but, given our complete lack of anything in the final third, we need to see if we can get something from somewhere - finding out what Donnelly can give us is a start.

The Forbes at wide right thing needs to be ended also. It's all very well to have somebody cutting in from the right and getting involved when things are going well and we're retaining the ball but as things are, we need width to give us another outlet to create chances. Nesbitt has been excellent recently but our complete lack of a threat of any kind from the other side has made us easy to defend against.

Don't think I'd play Strapp other than to give somebody a rest. With Lamie and Russell there it's unlikely you're going to use him in the playoffs.

Have the club said anything about the Gaston rumour?

Forbes at wide right had been critical to our success this season. Do we really have another credible option there? Oliver and Forbes are both struggling for form, but much of our success this season has been down to those two. I'm just not sure that any alternatives are there. I'm not looking at Donnelly, Kudus, McDonagh, etc., and thinking that they are capable of taking us up.

Correct, it had been. However, it's clear that now we are completely lost down that side with zero productivity. If we're happy to try and sneak a 1-0 with a goal from a set piece then we should continue with what we've been doing. If we are in any way serious about addressing the issue then McDonagh, Tiffoney, Kudas should be tried.

Maybe Forbes just needs a rest. Either way, I'd rather see somebody else out there at the moment.

TRUST THE DUFF

If we're happy to try and sneak a 1-0 with a goal from a set piece then we should continue with what we've been doing. 

Well that would be a vast improvement on weeks of shan results, so yep. That's the only strategy that has any chance of working in the play-offs.

As we have two dead rubber matches first and don't have any momentum to lose then wholesale changes should be considered though. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Correct, it had been. However, it's clear that now we are completely lost down that side with zero productivity. If we're happy to try and sneak a 1-0 with a goal from a set piece then we should continue with what we've been doing. If we are in any way serious about addressing the issue then McDonagh, Tiffoney, Kudas should be tried.

Maybe Forbes just needs a rest. Either way, I'd rather see somebody else out there at the moment.

McDonagh really hasn't worked at right mid. He's had a handful of excellent attacking right back performances, and a couple of good sub appearances in attack against Hibs, but at right mid he hasn't impressed. Kudus has had a couple of workmanlike wide midfield displays, but has also looked a weak link there. Tiffoney hasn't impressed this year, and had a chance to do so against Dumbarton.

I'm just not sure there's a credible option there. On a different note, I'm sure Mark Russell would also love a shot at it (on either side) but he's also off form and looks terribly slow at the moment. We're coming up against a common problem for teams that are short on quality in depth - it's difficult to maintain form throughout a season without credible alternatives. I just wish that Duffy would consider a change in the shape of the team.

Dundee United haven't taken part in any play-offs since Rangers died.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Was that not because they were playing Dundee Utd who had vigorously opposed their readmission to the league, so that their share was less than it would have been.

The opposition don't get a share so no, that was not why.

Rangers, Hibs and Motherwell objected to the 50% levy that the SPFL take. They proposed a motion to cut it to 25%. That motion was rejected by the other clubs.

To spite it, Rangers wanted to allow season ticket holders in for free. That was rejected. To spite that, they tried reducing admission to a fiver.

There's now minimum pricing levels in place to prevent that.

Archived