Morton Vs Ayr - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Vs Ayr

TheGoon

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

vikingTON why do you allways believe your opinion is better than anyone else's? Yes you may say we are happy clappers or good effort champ, but some of us will support the team and the players until the season is over. We still have a slim chance of promotion. Ps get over gunning not being here anymore. And yes this will be word salad in your mind but put half the effort you do on this website to slag other people into supporting the team we all love and let's see what happens.

No, fight for what you believe in. Start The Scull and we will win.

The fact that we are playing Ayr in a high-pressure game for Ayr being held at Cappielow means that we should win anyway. Gubbins reserves on their way out of the club like Scullion aren't going to significantly affect that outcome. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

vikingTON why do you allways believe your opinion is better than anyone else's?

Because my opinions are based on a logical analysis of facts; whereas opinions like yours are based on absolutely no rational basis whatsoever.

Next. 

Yes you may say we are happy clappers or good effort champ, but some of us will support the team and the players until the season is over.

And yet your undying support somehow hasn't stopped the team and players from effectively downing tools; just as it didn't stop them from doing so under similar circumstances in 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 or 2016. 

Next.

We still have a slim chance of promotion.

A far slimmer - and vanishingly small in realistic terms - chance compared to what the team had just before it downed tools. If you disagree with that analysis then feel free to lump your life savings on Morton to win promotion now, at the very generous odds that any bookmaker will offer you. But instead you'll cry on here about it for no discernible reason at all.

Next. 

get over gunning not being here anymore

The only thing to have gotten over Gunning in recent weeks is the Morton back line - hence why it has reverted to the shan, pre-Gunning state that the influence of a true defensive organiser, captain and leader of men temporarily put behind them. 

Next.

And yes this will be word salad in your mind but put half the effort you do on this website to slag other people into supporting the team we all love and let's see what happens.

Only a complete and utter cretin like yourself believes that mindless happy-clapping somehow affects the success of a professional football club. And so here we are. 

I'm under no such illusions about either the importance of fan support to the club or about the role of this cesspool of the Internet in first team performances. This is a place where uncomfortable facts can be pointed out about a club hierarchy and huge sections of the fanbase who are gormlessly content with thirty years of rolling failure to achieve top flight football for this once-proud club. Without grasping those facts then no sustainable progress at this club will ever be made.

Get back in your box then. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1. Your opinions are your opinions regardless of what so called facts you want to believe.

2. Your constant slagging of our team/club has not made a difference either.

3.in regards to promotion, as I said it's a slim chance.I for one dnt think the club have downed tools as you think. And I do disagree with your your analysis.

4. Have we not won a game since gunning left?

5. Have you ever been to any sporting match???? Of course the support of the club/team can spur the team on.

As to getting back in my box, as I said earlier you are no better placed to vent your voice than any other supporter of this club.

1. Your opinions are your opinions regardless of what so called facts you want to believe.

Facts are not things that you get to pick and choose to believe in. Opinions not based on credible facts are irrelevant - hence why your mewlings are being filed in the bin where they belong. 

Next.

2. Your constant slagging of our team/club has not made a difference either.

Just -  :1eye:

Think that one through and try again. Next.

.in regards to promotion, as I said it's a slim chance.I for one dnt think the club have downed tools as you think. And I do disagree with your your analysis.

Thoughts and analysis based on no facts or evidence, but merely wishful thinking and a happy-clapping mindset. Consider it filed in the bin where it belongs then. Next.

3. Have we not won a game since gunning left?

Try reading for comprehension's sake next time.  :1eye: Next.

4. Have you ever been to any sporting match???? Of course the support of the club/team can spur the team on.

Then account for the failure of your own 'fan support' during the 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2016 Morton campaigns, with reference to how clubs with practically zero fans at all like Gretna strolled to the top flight, regardless of how many happy-clappers turned up to watch their side. 

As to getting back in my box, as I said earlier you have no better place to vent your voice than any other supporter of this club.

Well quite - no poster on this forum automatically has the right to dominate opinion. You've been put in your box though by virtue of offering no credible arguments, facts, logic or analysis to justify your utterly dreadful contributions, during a frankly pointless spell posting on this site. 

Gutted for you. 

58cde68259463_ainsleycake.jpg.8b8b1a1a38

You can make a case for having the Scull to try something different, but there's a reason why top flight clubs have had an eye on Oliver while Scullion's banging them in at Lesser Hampden. He's simply not a better option than Oliver.

Oliver's offered absolutely nothing since he came back from injury, whether that's down to fitness or the way we've been playing I don't know, but I saw enough from Scullion on Saturday to make me think we can create chances through him this coming Saturday. Notice I've not suggested we drop Oliver, and I said 'at this moment in time' he's a better option.

Allegedly, he was our best player on Saturday, and has already ripped the pish out of Ayr this season. Oliver shouldn't be dropped to accommodate him though.

Oliver has been poor since coming back from injury so there's no reason why he shouldn't be dropped.

Jai unlikely to feature again this season, according to one of the morning papers and JD

Not surprised. Makes sense not to rush him back after such a long time out with a serious injury.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Jai unlikely to feature again this season, according to one of the morning papers and JD

Light a candle and pray that this is smoke and mirrors and all part of a Duffy master plan to unleash him out of nowhere in the playoffs.

Unfortunately, it is more likely to be true and the probable end of our promotion hopes.

Archived