Morton Vs Ayr - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Vs Ayr

TheGoon

We really, really need to get back to winning ways. There are zero excuses for not beating the worst team in the league at home, zero. They had a decent point on Saturday, but are still bottom of the league and heading down.

Gaston

Doyle Kilday O'Ware Russell

Forbes Murdoch Lindsay Nesbitt

Tidser or Scullion

Oliver

I'd be fine with Lamie or Russell, neither have covered themselves in glory recently, but Russell & Nesbitt did link up well at one point in the season. By all accounts, Scullion did well on Saturday and was our most threatening player, I'd be fine with him starting especially as Ayr at home was his last positive contribution to the first team. If Tidser starts then fine. As long as he's played central and not on the left flank.

No Donnelly, no Shankland, no Kudus, please.

Three points here and we still have a chance of second.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayr will be fighting for their lives. If results don't go in their favour could we relegate them on Saturday? I saw a post on twitter that their club are paying for 5 supporters buses to come up so hopefully if they're in the Cowshed it'll a decent atmosphere. 

3 points is required here. Nothing less.

I'm up for Scullion starting behind Oliver. We've tried everything in the last few matches and its not worked so why not. Pretty clear when Scullion came on against Raith that he's got a good range of passing and with Oliver making runs in behind he might be able to open up their defence with a few through balls. 

Edit - Just don't hoof the ball up to them for 90 mins if they both start.

Gaston

Doyle

Kilday

Oware

Lamie

Murdoch

Lindsay

Tidser

Scullion

Oliver

Nesbitt

Can't see us deviate from our usual 4-4-2 but I'd like to see us try something different like a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1. Forbes has been non existent for weeks and needs to be dropped amd if we are going to play Tidser it needs to be in a central role rather than out wide. Scullion deserves a chance before oyenuga, Donnelly or shankland.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Gaston

Doyle

Kilday

Oware

Lamie

Murdoch

Lindsay

Tidser

Scullion

Oliver

Nesbitt

Can't see us deviate from our usual 4-4-2 but I'd like to see us try something different like a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1. Forbes has been non existent for weeks and needs to be dropped amd if we are going to play Tidser it needs to be in a central role rather than out wide. Scullion deserves a chance before oyenuga, Donnelly or shankland.

The latter three should be nowhere near the starting line up which probably means at least two of them will start.

I'm looking for a huge reactionin this game to offer any purpose to our playoff contest.

5-0.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Should have added that if we lose this one I'll personally drive Duffy up to Dens after the game.

For those that have watched our under 20s side this season - does Jamie McGowan look ready for first team football? Gaston has been really poor of late, wouldn't be averse to him being dropped but only if McGowan is actually good enough.

Duffy certainly dosen't think so given we brought in Halliwell.

I would play Forbes in behind a striker, in the "hole" if that's still a thing. I think teams have found it too easy to nullify him out on the wing and he can do more further up the park and with a bit more freedom. It also allows Tidser in the team without having 2 slower players in the same midfield.

Gaston

Doyle O'Ware Kilday Lamie

Nesbitt Lindsay Murdoch Tidser

Forbes

Oliver

I'm sure there will be a reason that wouldn't work but I would try it for 5 minutes anyway.

I would play Forbes in behind a striker, in the "hole" if that's still a thing. I think teams have found it too easy to nullify him out on the wing and he can do more further up the park and with a bit more freedom. It also allows Tidser in the team without having 2 slower players in the same midfield.

Gaston

Doyle O'Ware Kilday Lamie

Nesbitt Lindsay Murdoch Tidser

Forbes

Oliver

I'm sure there will be a reason that wouldn't work but I would try it for 5 minutes anyway.

Forbes needs to be dropped as he's been rank for weeks. Duffy will no doubt play him at least for his set pieces but they've been rotten recently as well.

Forbes needs to be dropped as he's been rank for weeks. Duffy will no doubt play him at least for his set pieces but they've been rotten recently as well.

A positional change might make a difference with Forbes. As for set pieces, Scullion came on and cracked the post with one on Saturday. I'd be pretty confident with him hitting a few.

For Saturday I'd like to see something along the lines of:

Gaston

Doyle Kilday O'Ware Lamie

McDonagh Forbes Tidser Nesbitt

Oliver Scullion

Perhaps a couple of personnel changes, but that's roughly what I'd go with - though we might need to sacrifice one of Tidser or Forbes for Murdoch or Lindsay. Keep the back four solid, composure in the middle of the park, with everything running through Scullion and Oliver, with support pushing forward from the wide areas. Nae punts to Shankland.

4-0 Morton. Easy.

Gaston

Doyle Oware Lamie Russell

Forbes Lindsay Tidser Murdoch Nesbitt

Oliver

If we outwork them then we should win. A bit more movement would help Forbes out as well. I'd rather rely on our midfield to drag us through this than place any responsibility on Shankland, Oyenuga and Scullion, all of whom are nowhere near the standard required.

As for dropping Gaston without a credible replacement - that feels like a real panic move even if he has been poor.

Gaston

Doyle Oware Lamie Russell

Forbes Lindsay Tidser Murdoch Nesbitt

Oliver

If we outwork them then we should win. A bit more movement would help Forbes out as well. I'd rather rely on our midfield to drag us through this than place any responsibility on Shankland, Oyenuga and Scullion, all of whom are nowhere near the standard required.

As for dropping Gaston without a credible replacement - that feels like a real panic move even if he has been poor.

I'm absolutely convinced we need to get Scullion on, he's our best option at this moment in time and that's including Oliver.

I'm absolutely convinced we need to get Scullion on, he's our best option at this moment in time and that's including Oliver.

Stop trolling please; he's absolutely gubbins. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

You can make a case for having the Scull to try something different, but there's a reason why top flight clubs have had an eye on Oliver while Scullion's banging them in at Lesser Hampden. He's simply not a better option than Oliver.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived