Who Would You Rather Relegate? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Would You Rather Relegate?

TheGoon

We're firmly in the business end of the season now and our chances in the playoffs will become clearer in the next week or two. We will be in them though, and one of the teams listed below will be the Premiership team we'd face if we managed to get to the final. The question is, who would you rather relegate? We'd need to put someone out of their misery, and I'm intrigued to see if there's anyone in particular folk would be delighted to send down, as well as who everyone would like to avoid.

The candidates are -

Inverness - Nothing against them as a club, their fans seem alright, the journey back if we lost to them would be shite.

Hamilton Accies - No fans, a board with no ambition and one no one would notice was gone if they went down. We'd also get a measure of revenge for MorTEN.

Dundee - Speaking of MorTEN. Going by Pie & Bovril, they have a particularly fragile fanbase and it would be absolutely terrific to send them and jakey reject Paul Hartley down. They would be my choice.

Motherwell - Don't mind them, but again, their fans get very upset. (See them fighting amongst themselves as we bodied them out the cup.) They have match-winners in McDonald & Moult as well as playoff final experience. Avoid.

Kilmarnock - They have overstayed their top flight welcome, I would be reasonably confident about beating them despite their demolition of Falkirk last year.

Ross County - The biggest underachievers in the league in relation to wage budget. Sending Uncle Jim's Staggies down would be fun, but they once again have match-winners and it's a trek.

Dundee, send them on.

Also before anyone points out, the correct answer is of coyrse anyone, so long as we end up going up. But, I'm interested to see if there's any partivular dislikes for the Premiership's cannon fodder.

Kilmarnock. They sum up the one-up-one-down era for me - a crap club with a ridiculous stadium grinding out horrible games with talentless loan players from England.

I think Dundee will lose the final to Falkirk though.

All of them have been stinking out the topflight for too long. Ideally half of the shite in that league will come back down the next few seasons. Particularly Hamilton, Killie, Ross County, Partick, St Johnstone and ICT.

Hamilton are the only team I'd be very confident of beating in the play-offs. Hopefully they'll be 11th with ICT 12th.

We're in middling form right now but we've beaten Falkirk and DU and Hamilton and Kilmarnock already this season. If we're at full strength I wouldn't write us off at all.

EOho8Pw.png

All of them have been stinking out the topflight for too long. Ideally half of the s***e in that league will come back down the next few seasons. Particularly Hamilton, Killie, Ross County, Partick, St Johnstone and ICT.

When I'm in charge it'll be 3 up 3 down in each league with 4th top in the lower league playing 4th bottom in the higher league in a one off playoff for relegation/promotion.

That should do away with meaningless games.

MORTON - NEWCASTLE

People need to remember all teams from the Championship will be feeling the pace at this stage, not just us. I'd rather avoid either Highland team plus Dundee or Motherwell. Killie or Accies for me with the latter the preference.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

We're firmly in the business end of the season now and our chances in the playoffs will become clearer in the next week or two. We will be in them though, and one of the teams listed below will be the Premiership team we'd face if we managed to get to the final. The question is, who would you rather relegate? We'd need to put someone out of their misery, and I'm intrigued to see if there's anyone in particular folk would be delighted to send down, as well as who everyone would like to avoid.

The candidates are -

Inverness - Nothing against them as a club, their fans seem alright, the journey back if we lost to them would be s***e.

Hamilton Accies - No fans, a board with no ambition and one no one would notice was gone if they went down. We'd also get a measure of revenge for MorTEN.

Dundee - Speaking of MorTEN. Going by Pie & Bovril, they have a particularly fragile fanbase and it would be absolutely terrific to send them and jakey reject Paul Hartley down. They would be my choice.

Motherwell - Don't mind them, but again, their fans get very upset. (See them fighting amongst themselves as we bodied them out the cup.) They have match-winners in McDonald & Moult as well as playoff final experience. Avoid.

Kilmarnock - They have overstayed their top flight welcome, I would be reasonably confident about beating them despite their demolition of Falkirk last year.

Ross County - The biggest underachievers in the league in relation to wage budget. Sending Uncle Jim's Staggies down would be fun, but they once again have match-winners and it's a trek.

Dundee, send them on.

Because Morton fans don't have history of fighting amongst themselves.

Hamilton, as they are at best a lower half championship club. Every club in the championship, bar Dumbarton, are a more credible premier league entity.

Scottish football doesn't need a strong Hamilton.

Obviously they're not seen as they've been in the top flight for 3 seasons.

Kilmarnock.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

People need to remember all teams from the Championship will be feeling the pace at this stage, not just us. I'd rather avoid either Highland team plus Dundee or Motherwell. Killie or Accies for me with the latter the preference.

Yeah agree with that. The Highlands have never been a happy hunting ground for us and would much rather a closer ground that we could take a right good crowd to.

Hamilton for me. We dominated them at the start of the season.

Need to finish 2nd to have a chance of getting to the final IMO. A 3rd or 4th place finish and its a tough ask.

Archived