Hurricane Gaston Heading For Glasgow - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hurricane Gaston Heading For Glasgow

BishopTon

I don't meant this to have a go at your post in particular but since you've brought it up...

I've always found this to be a pretty ridiculous criteria to judge a keeper on, it's one of them bizarre phrases that gained a lot of traction in the last few years without really seeming to have any actual meaning. If we were Barcelona and required a ter Stegen type to spray the ball at the back, then it'd be a fair point but keepers in Scotland almost invariably blooter the ball up the far end of the pitch as soon as they get it. Until such times as we acquire a  keeper who starts toe-beeing the ball so wildly that it spins over his head into his own goal, I'm fairly ambivalent about a keeper's "distribution being poor"; it's largely more concerning that we usually have outfielders who can't hit a 10 yard pass than a goalie who can't land the ball on a five pence piece from forty yards.

His distribution is poor though. A keeper at almost any respectable level should be much better at kicking than a reasonably experienced Gaston is. We're not asking for Manuel Neuer, but basic distribution is a necessary skill for modern day keepers.

When your kicks are being fired at the team midget (or shanked out of play entirely) then it costs possession needlessly. It really isn't too much to ask that a goalkeeper at this level is fairly accurate in his distribution - which in the Scottish game, means merely 'aiming for a decent header of the ball'. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Gaston ' s distribution is shocking for a professional goalkeeper. He's 28/29 years old and can't kick a ball. Not really seen enough of Mc Neil to really judge his distribution. But one thing young McGowan has is really good distribution. Watched the 20s games pre season and he has probably only kicked a couple out the park.

You have to wonder if gats works on this at training. Because there hasn't been any improvement

Gaston once scored in a development game at Airdrie, so he can kick it straight.

Must be Wylie's coaching - he was forever booting it out of the park.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Gaston once scored in a development game at Airdrie, so he can kick it straight.

Must be Wylie's coaching - he was forever booting it out of the park.

How do you know he wasn't aiming for the corner flag? 

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Archived