Killie V Morton - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Killie V Morton

Mr.Blue

Won't make this one myself and I'd be surprised if many fans will go given the fact a lot of us are scunnered with the club and the league hasn't even started yet.

Think Duffy will approach this one more defensive minded than he did the clyde game:

Mcneil

Doyle

Kilday

Lamie

Strapp

Forbes

Tidser

Oware

Tiffoney

Oliver

McDonagh

As has been discussed there is a real lack of quality or depth in that team although there were positives to take from the clyde game such as tiffoney, strapp, tidser and Oliver which give us the potential nucleas of a decent team. Doubt very much we'll see any new signings in before the the game. If we struggle and are comprehensively beaten then it will be a kick up the arse to the management and the board to get players in.

3-0 killie.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A concern for tomorrow will be how our thin squad has recovered from their match in warm conditions on Tuesday. An early season test of fitness ahead. If we can overcome that then I'm not too downbeat about our chances. We seem to lack any real cutting edge in attack, but apart from that we still be able to put in a solid performance.

I would like to see a team like this:

McNeil

Doyle kilday lamie strapp

Mcaleer tidser Forbes tiffoney

Scullion

Oliver

After McDonough's performances the last two games scullion deserves to be in the team ahead of him. But no doubt scullion will be on the bench.

I would like to see a team like this:

McNeil

Doyle kilday lamie strapp

Mcaleer tidser Forbes tiffoney

Scullion

Oliver

After McDonough's performances the last two games scullion deserves to be in the team ahead of him. But no doubt scullion will be on the bench.

McDonagh has been pish; Scullion has been pish. Dry your eyes champ.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

McDonagh has been pish; Scullion has been pish. Dry your eyes champ.

Viking ton. The biggest helmet you'll speak to on a forum, your responses are horrible. Just like your patter.

As said before scullion needs a run or 5/6 games in team and we'll have a fair idea from there.

Viking ton. The biggest helmet you'll speak to on a forum, your responses are horrible. Just like your patter.

Let's hope another 'Dr. Z' resignation follows your tear-stained meltdown here.

As said before scullion needs a run or 5/6 games in team and we'll have a fair idea from there.

Tough: he contributed absolutely nothing during the time he had on the pitch to merit 5-6 full matches in the side, waddling around a pitch to no effect. Until he shows something coming off the bench then he shouldn't start another match. He had his chance and failed to take it. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

You didn't initially say Scullion needs a run of games- you said he deserves a run. Considering the nick he's turned up in for the new season he doesn't deserve f*ck all.

Let's hope another 'Dr. Z' resignation follows your tear-stained meltdown here.

Tough: he contributed absolutely nothing during the time he had on the pitch to merit 5-6 full matches in the side, waddling around a pitch to no effect. Until he shows something coming off the bench then he shouldn't start another match. He had his chance and failed to take it.

Was one of our better players if not best against Albion, every time he got on the ball his ability was there to see, deserves his chance in the side and hopefully the idiot in charge his the brains to see it.

Was one of our better players if not best against Albion,

No; no he wasn't. He offered absolutely nothing, just like our other attacking players in an utterly toothless display. 

every time he got on the ball his ability was there to see, deserves his chance in the side and hopefully the idiot in charge his the brains to see it.

You're really, really not in a position to be labeling anyone an "idiot". Sit down and stop chewing your crayons. 

We'll either shitfest our way to a 0-0 draw or Killie will put 2 or 3 past us without reply. Whilst the squad is overall very poor, our strongest part at the moment is the defence. If Russell is fit I'd like to see him start.

If Kilday is fit then I'd expect O'Ware to be moved into the centre of midfield. I'd take out one (preferably all) of the forwards and have O'Ware alongside Tidser and Forbes, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the classic 'Forbes as a left midfielder' card being played as well. As a stop-gap until we sign a credible option, I wouldn't be opposed to Russell playing in front of Strapp on the left either:

McNeil (but let's hope for Gaston)

Doyle Kilday Lamie Strapp

Forbes O'Ware Tidser

Oliver                    Russell

McDonagh

Our goal has to be to shitfest the match and take it to penalties - I can't see the defence keeping another clean sheet though so we might need another set-piece goal to achieve that. 

If Strapp turns out to be really good at left back then I think we will see Russell playing further forward. While he improved considerably in respect of the defensive side of his duties last season it is when he is going forward that he looks like a class act.

If he is given that freedom he will make and also will take chances.

It's too early to give Strapp a regular place at Championship level IMO - backup and a few cup games is fine. He looks like a replacement for Russell when he leaves next summer, which is what we should have in mind.

It's too early to give Strapp a regular place at Championship level IMO - backup and a few cup games is fine. He looks like a replacement for Russell when he leaves next summer, which is what we should have in mind.

Should hopefully be a decent replacement next season if Russell leaves. Will we be due a fee for him if he does go elsewhere?

That's probably how it will pan out, but at the moment in the absence of any further forwards being signed Russell might be the most potent force we can deploy  and IF Strapp continues to do a decent job at left back it could be a win win situation.

You didn't initially say Scullion needs a run of games- you said he deserves a run. Considering the nick he's turned up in for the new season he doesn't deserve f*ck all .

Surely that should be 'he deserves fuck all'.

Happy to help. :)

*insert signature here*

Archived