First Game - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

First Game

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, it is - Thistle have no complaints about a sporting disadvantage offered by the split (such as it is), only this year's implementation. They explicitly mentioned the split but not in any tones of disapproval. They seem pretty happy with it. So, doing away with it isn't 'one of their two main points' at all. Their view of sporting advantage would be remedied by everyone getting three away trips instead of two and four.

Or, in other words, exactly what they actually said, and not what you and 'Ed de Ball' confected for God knows what reason.

EOho8Pw.png

Of course they have a point...

How is any league fair when teams aren't playing each other home and away the same number of times.

The sooner they do away with the split the better.

It was 1 of 2 main points chump: try reading for comprehension's sake next time.

So "they have a point", which was the point you assigned to them, but are now saying wasn't the point they were making.

Great stuff.

EOho8Pw.png

I'd have preferred Thistle not to pursue the argument that Celtic & Rangers need to be considered together and that you need the number of home/away games prior to the split to be balanced 3-3. It just panders to the view that the OF are special and that the rest of us diddy teams can't do without them. OF fans will be lapping this up.

Just Visiting.

So "they have a point", which was the point you assigned to them, but are now saying wasn't the point they were making.

Great stuff.

They have a point... it's unfair that teams do not play each other home and away the same number of times - the sporting disadvantage referred to in the article.

My opinion and the obvious solution to that is to get rid of the split.

But you knew that.

TTG JIM!!!

I'd have preferred Thistle not to pursue the argument that Celtic & Rangers need to be considered together and that you need the number of home/away games prior to the split to be balanced 3-3. It just panders to the view that the OF are special and that the rest of us diddy teams can't do without them. OF fans will be lapping this up.

Oh they are indeed. The Blue Pound nonsense has been wheeled out.

Right, so one of their two main points had... absolutely nothing to do with what you said. Glad that's cleared up. They want the fixture list redone - that's it. The usual "Scottish football needs a COMPLETE overhaul every year :angry: " stuff is entirely your opinion, not theirs.

I've been red dotting you since long before it was cool - have another one for being thick as well as humorless.

Sounding a bit like Trump on steroids and missing Gary's point completely. You don' t red dot people because it's cool, you do it in the hope that your fawning acolytes will green dot you in turn thus pandering to your overweaning ego. Do you ever go out in the world and talk to real people?

They have a point... it's unfair that teams do not play each other home and away the same number of times - the sporting disadvantage referred to in the article.

My opinion and the obvious solution to that is to get rid of the split.

But you knew that.

But you said your opinion was one of their two main points, you moron. That's the point of contention here. Thistle were and are fine with the existence of the split as long as the fixtures are divided up the way they were in the SPL. No need for AN RADICAL OVERHOLE at all.

Sounding a bit like Trump on steroids and missing Gary's point completely. You don' t red dot people because it's cool, you do it in the hope that your fawning acolytes will green dot you in turn thus pandering to your overweaning ego. Do you ever go out in the world and talk to real people?

*overweening

EOho8Pw.png

Oh they are indeed. The Blue Pound nonsense has been wheeled out.

It's plainly not nonsense if Thistle (and Motherwell) are both appealing to it. The 'blue pound' clearly exists.

EOho8Pw.png

But you said your opinion was one of their two main points, you moron. That's the point of contention here. Thistle were and are fine with the existence of the split as long as the fixtures are divided up the way they were in the SPL. No need for AN RADICAL OVERHOLE at all.

*overweening

*OVERHAUL

TTG JIM!!!

It's plainly not nonsense if Thistle (and Motherwell) are both appealing to it. The 'blue pound' clearly exists.

I'm not denying its existence. This episode is showing it is a thing in Scottish football, I probably should've worded it better however. The "You wouldn't survive without us" and "kicking us while we were down, now you need our money" etc rebuttals from the knuckle-draggers are being wheeled out.

I'm not denying its existence. This episode is showing it is a thing in Scottish football, I probably should've worded it better however. The "You wouldn't survive without us" and "kicking us while we were down, now you need our money" etc rebuttals from the knuckle-draggers are being wheeled out.

Yep, true enough. I don't think Rangers fans really understand that Scottish football actually bent over backwards to get them "back" in the league. Some gratitude wouldn't go amiss but they have a persecution myth so it'll never happen. But in this particular case I don't really blame them for crowing about it.

EOho8Pw.png

Doing away with the split is the best solution to their point about "a significant sporting disadvantage" ... I know it's not like you to actually have any solution or alternative to what you're moaning about so I'm not at all surprised you can't quite grasp that.

They didn't actually argue that the split should be done away with though - the premise of their laughable 'case' is that they're entitled to three equal sooks of the Old Firm boaby before the split occurring, just like everyone else.* You claimed that they did have an issue with the split as a concept and you were once again proven wrong.

Better luck next time.

*Which is obvious nonsense.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Motherwell and that horrible little outfit have embarrassed themselves with their statements: the only snag that keeps us from fully hounding is that Douglas '4000 average crowds (2007) and sell-out games v the Tribute Act (2015-16)' clearly holds a similar train of thought. That gate revenue is somehow 'owed' to the proprietors of a football club regardless of what they do with their own team on the pitch.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I do think it shows that the original attempt to make it fair was misguided. Where does that end? If both Edinburgh clubs are in the top flight and one gets one derby game more than another at home, well, shit happens.

EOho8Pw.png

I somehow doubt that either of these two would have been raising the issue of fairness if they had been chosen to get an additional visit from the vermin bros.

Embarrassing.

I somehow doubt that either of these two would have been raising the issue of fairness if they had been chosen to get an additional visit from the vermin bros.

Embarrassing.

Pretty much. It's an absolute brass neck to go publicly complaining about not getting enough charity from those cunts. 

How about convincing more of your own fans to turn up and occupy the seats you want the bigots to fill? Sickens me that they're actively promoting a set up where the old firm rule the roost while the rest argue amongst themselves for the scraps. 

The split is ultimately responsible for daft situations like this though. In a league where you play teams an uneven number of times and split it up you're bound to run into this scenario. Either reduce it to 10 teams and play everyone 4 times (guarantees their 4 OF games too) or increase if you want to make sure of having all the top derbies ie Dundee and Edinburgh. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

For once I'm praying that Alba do get the game moved to Friday or Sunday - I'm supposed to be at a wedding on the Saturday. Baws.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived