Iphone 4 Batter/screen Repair - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Iphone 4 Batter/screen Repair

EanieMeany

Hello

I've a few wee phone related questions, on the off chance anyone on here knows about such things.

For a while now, I've noticed that it seemed as the front/screen of my iPhone had came lose down the right hand side so that you could see the white light from inside showing through, but largely it worked fine until recent when it started having battery issues - specifically, it'd get down to around 20%ish and then go off as if the batter had died. It'd display the wee "connect charger" symbol, but would then go back on about after a while. A while after the display started to not work now and again, so if you pressed the power button the screen would light up but just a dark blue, so you could tell the phone was actually trying to display but the screen wasn't doing the business....it used to work eventually, but it's stuck that way now.

I've saw online that the screen issue could be down to some kind of wire being knocked and have since been told by one of the wee shops in the town that both issues could be related to the battery swelling and knocking the screen out a bit, which does seem logical.

Anyone know if that could be the case? I've acquired another phone off of one of my pal's, but I'd have to get that unlocked and that, plus I'd rather just stick with my own to save any hassle.

Ta.

AWMSC

Hello

I've a few wee phone related questions, on the off chance anyone on here knows about such things.

For a while now, I've noticed that it seemed as the front/screen of my iPhone had came lose down the right hand side so that you could see the white light from inside showing through, but largely it worked fine until recent when it started having battery issues - specifically, it'd get down to around 20%ish and then go off as if the batter had died. It'd display the wee "connect charger" symbol, but would then go back on about after a while. A while after the display started to not work now and again, so if you pressed the power button the screen would light up but just a dark blue, so you could tell the phone was actually trying to display but the screen wasn't doing the business....it used to work eventually, but it's stuck that way now.

I've saw online that the screen issue could be down to some kind of wire being knocked and have since been told by one of the wee shops in the town that both issues could be related to the battery swelling and knocking the screen out a bit, which does seem logical.

Anyone know if that could be the case? I've acquired another phone off of one of my pal's, but I'd have to get that unlocked and that, plus I'd rather just stick with my own to save any hassle.

Ta.

google apple battery replacement, go to their official site and enter serial number to see if yours is one of those affected

if not, and/or if out of warranty, then the apple store will replace your phone for the cost of a new battery

same thing happened to me that is why I know. I got a brand new iphone 5 for £50 which is not bad considering my old one was over 2 years old and bashed to bits

google apple battery replacement, go to their official site and enter serial number to see if yours is one of those affected

if not, and/or if out of warranty, then the apple store will replace your phone for the cost of a new battery

same thing happened to me that is why I know. I got a brand new iphone 5 for £50 which is not bad considering my old one was over 2 years old and bashed to bits

Will give that a bash, can't do any harm I suppose! Might as well squeeze whatever you can out of Apple, I suppose.

AWMSC

Will give that a bash, can't do any harm I suppose! Might as well squeeze whatever you can out of Apple, I suppose.

absolutely

The thing is your battery has actually exploded, and that is why it is pushing your screen up... Apple know this is their fault (out of warranty or not) hence why they are willing to replace the entire phone for the token cost of a new battery

Archived