Signings So Far - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Signings So Far

It's not strange at all - Duffy still wants Scullion even though he doesn't have a place for him in the team at the present moment. A short term loan, if at a half decent level and with an immediate recall option, suits all parties involved.

I'm with nach0 on this one, don't see the logic in it.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

I'm with nach0 on this one, don't see the logic in it.

Duffy wants Scullion to have a bit of first team experience. As mentioned by Duffy, he's a stand out in the U20's, so why not see what he can do over a 6 week period hopefully in League1.

Makes sense to me...  

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Duffy wants Scullion to have a bit of first team experience. As mentioned by Duffy, he's a stand out in the U20's, so why not see what he can do over a 6 week period hopefully in League1.

Makes sense to me...  

Duffy has already put him on the pitch 21 times over the last two seasons. Is there really more to see that he hasn't seen already?

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Duffy has already put him on the pitch 21 times over the last two seasons. Is there really more to see that he hasn't seen already?

He's a young lad with great potential, but he lacks first team experience. Making cameo appearances and starring the U20's isn't what he needs right now.

Lets see what he can do with a run of games in a loan move to another club 

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

I can't help but feel you're being a tad obtuse and choosing not to see the difference between going on loan and getting a run of games and being sporadically thrown off the bench with 15 minutes left in a game.

He's a young lad with great potential, but he lacks first team experience. Making cameo appearances and starring the U20's isn't what he needs right now.

I agree with the loan deal bit, it's the six month contract that doesn't make sense, which will be his 4th six month deal.

So he goes to, say Arbroath, and scores 10 in 6 games. Then what? Straight into a Championship team chasing the play-offs?

I agree with the loan deal bit, it's the six month contract that doesn't make sense, which will be his 4th six month deal.

So he goes to, say Arbroath, and scores 10 in 6 games. Then what? Straight into a Championship team chasing the play-offs?

Either the boy is part of the plan or he's not. If Duffy still has concerns about giving Scullion a genuine opportunity, a loan period to the seaside league is likely to prove nothing.

Either the boy is part of the plan or he's not. If Duffy still has concerns about giving Scullion a genuine opportunity, a loan period to the seaside league is likely to prove nothing.

He might be part of the long term plan and part of his development is starting games regularly. We're in the top half of the first division and as much as I like Scullion he's not ready for that just now and going down the leagues to get the experience will only help him and us.

Yeah, he's seen his potential and wants to give him a run of games to develop with a loan deal, makes perfect sense. I'd be inclined to make it an 18 month deal to ensure he signs though, then allow him to go out on loan for the rest of the season to get a proper sustained period of first team football. Though of course that could leave us in the position of January not going to plan or an injury crisis hitting at a later date and not being able to get him back.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Yeah, he's seen his potential and wants to give him a run of games to develop with a loan deal, makes perfect sense. I'd be inclined to make it an 18 month deal to ensure he signs though, then allow him to go out on loan for the rest of the season to get a proper sustained period of first team football. Though of course that could leave us in the position of January not going to plan or an injury crisis hitting at a later date and not being able to get him back.

I agree, but a six week loan could always be extended if things did indeed work out in January, whereas if it were a deal to the end of the season he'd effectively be gone for that period.

I know he could be recalled early but that doesn't seem to be the done thing, Sean O'Connor apart of course.

• 1 month later...

He's still not a patch on that League Two bound non-entity Willie Dyer though.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• 2 weeks later...