The Last 7 Seasons - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Last 7 Seasons

Deego

How shite are we compared to the other teams relegated since we were promoted in 06-07?

12-13,  Airdrie United relegated with 22pts

11-12,  QoS relegated with 32pts

10-11,  Stirling Albion relegated with 20pts

09-10,  Ayr relegated with 31pts

08-09,  Clyde relegated with 39pts

07-08,  Stirling Albion relegated with 24pts

We currently sit with 16 points with 9 games remaining. Also worth noting we have the least amount of points in the SPFL, other than Hearts who would have 21 points if not for their points deduction at the start of the season.

A: Very.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Has to be one of the most pathetic ever seasons from a full time team. It's not unusual for part-time teams to struggle at this level, but to finish bottom without even offering any sort of resistance in a league with 3 part-time teams? That can't have happened often. Monumental failure.

I said a couple of weeks back (mostly in jest) that we wouldn't win another game this season.

You now have to wonder if we will realistically win a game this season.

You can also bet your bottom dollar many of these players will soon start thinking about their holiday's and moving on to pastures new. If you think performances are bad now just wait till they switch off completely...  

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

If you think performances are bad now just wait till they switch off completely...  

I can't remember the last time we competed in the last month of season (probably Wake's heroics at Firhill) so you are probably right. It's one of the things that really got to me and put a real damper on looking forward to the next season.

I wonder if Moore had been given the opportunity to change the squad in January like Shiels had whether or not he'd have done enough to at least make us compete down at the bottom. Moore wasn't the man for the job and had more than enough opportunities, but with hindsight i'd have had more faith in him bringing in players to get us out of this mess than what Shiels has brought in.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Last season's Airdrie team was one of the worst teams I had ever seen, but our team this season beats that. What makes it worse, is that on paper the players we have are better than the players they had. A shambolic season, everyone at the club should be ashamed of themselves.

Last season's Airdrie team was one of the worst teams I had ever seen, but our team this season beats that. What makes it worse, is that on paper the players we have are better than the players they had. A shambolic season, everyone at the club should be ashamed of themselves.

On paper, with the SPL experience we have, this team should be challenging at the top of the league.

It's hard to put your finger on why this team is as shit as it is.  :(  

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

The current team is the worst I have ever seen, particularly taking into account that we are in a mediocre division and have not just escaped administration like the team relegated to the lowest division in 2002. We are far worse than the sum of the parts.

Utter shambles of a season. And every bit as bad since Sheils came in, better centrebacks excepted.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Key players being released in a cost cutting exercise that has backfired in a spectacular fashion?

I've asked this plenty of times but who would that be? McDonald wouldn't have stayed so there is no point mentioning him in that argument.

I've asked this plenty of times but who would that be? McDonald wouldn't have stayed so there is no point mentioning him in that argument.

I think it's more the case that key players haven't been adequately replaced.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

The administration team that was made up of ringers and youth players who were nowhere near good enough managed 37 points in relegation. That's how bad this team is; the likes of Gavin Redmond and Garry Tweedie were better.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

What's the lowest points total ever in this league (or its equivalent)? 

For all we can bemoan the loss of Tidser and McDonald, we have a team with so much top level experience that it's bewildering quite how we are in the position we are in - Fitzpatrick, Vine, Novo, O'Connor, Imrie, Robertson and guys who have done it in this league before like Taggart last season, Campbell last season, O'Brien for a number of seasons, McLaughlin for a number of seasons, and Craig Reid for a number of seasons.

TTG JIM!!!

To be honest, I couldn't really care less now if we win another game or not. It's been a disaster of a season from the off, I just want to get it out the road and get on with next season now. It may not be any better, but it least it won't be this one.

AWMSC

To be honest, I couldn't really care less now if we win another game or not. It's been a disaster of a season from the off, I just want to get it out the road and get on with next season now. It may not be any better, but it least it won't be this one.

Agreed, can't even muster up the effort to go to games now.

Archived