Belgium V Scotland - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Belgium V Scotland

I see that Scotland have named their starting 11 for tonight's game already. Very surprised to only see one change being made, James McArthur replacing the injured Scott Brown. I felt that both wide players were very poor and expected at least 1 of them to drop out, possibly even both, so reading that they both stay in the team has shocked and surprised me.

Scotland: McGregor, Hutton, Caldwell, Berra, Fox, D Fletcher ©, McArthur, Morrison, Commons, Maloney, S Fletcher.

3-1 Belgium :(

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Belgium 5 - 0 Scotland (I hope that Fletcher gets on the scoresheet so I'll cover my arse by saying it could be 5-1, or 5-2)

Our midfield is going to get totally outclassed, Morrison, Commons and Maloney are all useless, defensively. That means Darren and McArthur are going to have their work cut out, especially if they are under instructions to hold back from Belgium's attacking midfielders until 25 yards from our goal-line, as they seemed to be on Friday.

The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes, everything else is opinions

3-1 Belgium :(

Stuck a quid on that, don't know why as I've never won a correct score bet in my life (admittedly only ever placed a couple for a laugh cos they're mug punter bets).

We are ****ing dreadful under Levein, there was a slight glimmer of hope against Wales but it was extinguished pretty quickly by Tintin's retarded cousin.

We've qualified for one World Cup in the last 20 years, France 1998.

We just don't have the players of the quality of say World Cup 1982 etc?

..but we still produce very suitable scapegoats!

Maybe not but we still shouldn't be bottom of the group and out the race so early.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

Taking the game on its own, losing away to Belgium shouldn't be considered surprising or disastrous. The first 3 games are what we should be looking at as where we lost it.

Levein is a fcking mug though, why persist with the useless Maloney and the useless Commons? Why not just fcking go for it with nothing to lose at 2-0 down? Why not put Miller on alongside S. Fletcher instead of in his place?

TTG JIM!!!

Very interesting hearing the thoughts of Gordon, Fletcher and McGregor after the game. All backing the manager, McGregor going as far as saying it will still be the same players lining up.

Is Levein really the problem or is it what he has to work with?

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Very interesting hearing the thoughts of Gordon, Fletcher and McGregor after the game. All backing the manager, McGregor going as far as saying it will still be the same players lining up.

You can only piss with the c0ck you've got.

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Taking the game on its own, losing away to Belgium shouldn't be considered surprising or disastrous. The first 3 games are what we should be looking at as where we lost it.

Levein is a fcking mug though, why persist with the useless Maloney and the useless Commons? Why not just fcking go for it with nothing to lose at 2-0 down? Why not put Miller on alongside S. Fletcher instead of in his place?

And how can Hutton justify a game when he has only played four gams all season, all internationals.

Bring on the real fit a on Saturday

As soon as the game kicked off Fletcher Steven was 10 or 15 yards inside our half Belgium were able to pin us in our own half, it is typical of Levein's attitude.

he has made error after error, if he was going to make up with Fletcher that should have been done before the tournament kicked off, playing him since proves Levein believed he was the best striker he had but failed to heal their rift. It is his job to get the strongest team he can on the park.

The players remain loyal but giving Levein's past with falling out with players they know if they step out of line they'll get dropped.

Thought S. Fletcher had a dreadful game... Archie Campbell would have been more dangerous! :P

When you see a good team like Belgium it makes you realise just how average our players are. Don't think Scotland were ever going to qualify from this group, no matter who was in charge... Croatia and Belgium simply have far better players. In saying that, they HAVE under performed and that comes down to Levein. He should never have been allowed to lead Scotland into this campaign.

No doubt that this isn't the most talented group of players we've had but they should be capable of better results than we've seen. The same lack of belief and ambition have figured in too many games for this to be anything other than managers responsibility and no matter how many players say they like him, he's only succeeded in turning us into a pub team.

He clearly doesn't have the answer and the SFA should put him out of his, and our misery.

Archived