Mr Rae's Dilema - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mr Rae's Dilema

BishopTon

Moore to go before October  

56 members have voted

1. 1. How long to we give Moore

• Now - its inevitable the guy is clueless
    • Wait till October, when we are bottom by miles
    • Wait till Christmas when we are already playing in Division 2
    • Don't be silly He's doing a great job...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Leadership at the top. We're stuck in a vicious circle of hiring and firing managers.

Maybe you have a point, but ultimately it's what's happening on the pitch that's the pressing issue.

If we finally get ourselves a good manager when Moore leaves and the team starts performing well, you can bet your boots there'll be no mutterings of this sort. I'll be the first to say there's things needing sorted at boardroom level, but the big priority at the moment is to get a functioning team on the pitch.

AWMSC

Maybe you have a point, but ultimately it's what's happening on the pitch that's the pressing issue.

If we finally get ourselves a good manager when Moore leaves and the team starts performing well, you can bet your boots there'll be no mutterings of this sort. I'll be the first to say there's things needing sorted at boardroom level, but the big priority at the moment is to get a functioning team on the pitch.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd say Hawke will be installed as manager, with Johansson, Hopkin and possibly AN Other.

Or a combination of the above. Possibly Hoppy.

I'd take Hartley though. Scotland, Champions League experience, played for us, and I've always liked him.

Not a chance of Hawke Muz , He alreads has a project coming up for the club and in speaking to him he doesnt seem to be interested in that side of things . Would be a loss to the club to take him away from what he is currently doing

yes_to_a_just_scotland_cover.jpg?itok=zU

I'm no particular fan of Moore's - particularly after he started slagging players off publically - BUT ...

we really need to get away from this continuous cycle of hiring and firing. No business operation - of any kind - thrives on uncertainty, back biting, managers watching their backs, etc etc. For goodness sake, some "poorly performing" teams yo-yo up and down the divisions with the same manager for years on end.

I will be disappointed if we don't make the most of what looks like the best squad for years, but now is not the time for knee jerk decisions. Frankly, if Rae's got the money to get rid of Moore and McNally (which I doubt), I'd rather splash the cash on a really good striker and wait till the end of the season when - if he hasn't lived up to expectations - Moore will leave for free.

I'm no particular fan of Moore's - particularly after he started slagging players off publically - BUT ...

we really need to get away from this continuous cycle of hiring and firing. No business operation - of any kind - thrives on uncertainty, back biting, managers watching their backs, etc etc. For goodness sake, some "poorly performing" teams yo-yo up and down the divisions with the same manager for years on end.

I will be disappointed if we don't make the most of what looks like the best squad for years, but now is not the time for knee jerk decisions. Frankly, if Rae's got the money to get rid of Moore and McNally (which I doubt), I'd rather splash the cash on a really good striker and wait till the end of the season when - if he hasn't lived up to expectations - Moore will leave for free.

He's had 2 + seasons during which he's been backed with a decent enough budget to build reasonable squads.

Results in 2012 have been very, very poor and there's nothing that Moore is doing that suggests anythings going to change.

4-5-1 is no great Moore invention. It's the current fashion, every clubs doing it. A bit like the seasons where every man and his dog had to play 5-3-2 with full backs who were asked to be wingers cause it worked for Brazil.

It's a legit strategy but for now all I see with it is a low scoring season.

Home support is heading to sub 1500.

In what way is it a knee jerk reaction?

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Not a chance of Hawke Muz , He alreads has a project coming up for the club and in speaking to him he doesnt seem to be interested in that side of things . Would be a loss to the club to take him away from what he is currently doing

I agree with this. He's doing a great job, let him continue.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Absolutely correct with that. Alan Moore waited quite a few years and was linked with a number of full-time jobs before he came to us, and he gave up his job as a college lecturer to do that.

He will be desperate to turn things around, and I still believe he can and may well be our manager for some years to come.

However, if he doesn't he is off and we have time to get in another manager at a time when there will be a number of experienced people looking for a change.

It's his squad, so let's see what he can do with it over the season.

How many of you on here were wetting themselves when Rae finally gave you the man you wanted - Alan Moore.

Over the years before he came you all wanted Moore, a man who had a disgraceful record in the 1st division.

Now you have him you want rid of him!

And before you start ranting about his record, I know about his record it's very much a poor record in 2 and a bit years.

You got your man and his record has not changed in the 1st division, the only difference Morton have not been relegated - only just.

How many of you on here were wetting themselves when Rae finally gave you the man you wanted - Alan Moore.

Over the years before he came you all wanted Moore, a man who had a disgraceful record in the 1st division.

Now you have him you want rid of him!

And before you start ranting about his record, I know about his record it's very much a poor record in 2 and a bit years.

You got your man and his record has not changed in the 1st division, the only difference Morton have not been relegated - only just.

In fairness there were quite a few people who had their reservations about Moore when he took over.

Moore has not had his first choice 11 available yet in the league , Lets judge him once the first 11 get a run at it , We as Morton fans are far too quick to shout Time To Go and unless you can explain where the pay off money and the new managers salary is expected to come from I dont think it should be said .

yes_to_a_just_scotland_cover.jpg?itok=zU

Happy with that Scotty.

Archived