Bring In An Experienced Number 2 - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Bring In An Experienced Number 2

I would not hold your breath for that!

The budget will be cut again this season and full time wages are pretty unattractive for a player with a family and a mortgage. More and more players who don't have prospects of playing at a higher level than the first division, I think will actually want to be part time and there is no reason why Morton could not be a mixed club. Full timers would train with the part timers when ever that was plus do additional work on their own a few days a week, maybe one to one coaching on individual skills, etc.

Its not as if most of them don't need it!

Very very sensible.

I would not hold your breath for that!

The budget will be cut again this season and full time wages are pretty unattractive for a player with a family and a mortgage. More and more players who don't have prospects of playing at a higher level than the first division, I think will actually want to be part time and there is no reason why Morton could not be a mixed club. Full timers would train with the part timers when ever that was plus do additional work on their own a few days a week, maybe one to one coaching on individual skills, etc.

Its not as if most of them don't need it!

I was meaning in the context of spending funds on more backroom staff rather than players.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

I'm no great fan of Moore's tactics - his subs are simply formulaic.

However, slagging him for team selection on Saturday is a bit harsh in my opinion. With no O'Brien he had no choice but to stick Tidser at LW. With no other central midfielders fit, he had no choice but to stick Smyth at centre mid. With no other defenders available he had no choice but to stick Weatherson at centre back. And with no Jackson he had no choice but to play Campbell and MacDonald.

I reckon he chucked PDG on in the hope that a senior player might pull something back.

Kinda damned whatever he did - if he'd chucked the boys on (or had them playing from the start) plenty would have been blaming him for the wrong decision too.

The problem has been down to the thin squad we started the season with - but how many of us thought that at the time we were top of the division?

That's a sensible post but the thing is Moore probably knew all week that this would be the case, yet there was no structure or organisation about the team at all. He's had 2 years and never once have we all known what our best team is and felt like we could go into any game confident of winning against any of the teams around us. I look at Ross County and they have some decent players but the thing that stands out is their shape and organisation. We have neither of these and Moore has to take the blame for that

However, slagging him for team selection on Saturday is a bit harsh in my opinion. With no O'Brien he had no choice but to stick Tidser at LW. With no other central midfielders fit, he had no choice but to stick Smyth at centre mid. With no other defenders available he had no choice but to stick Weatherson at centre back. And with no Jackson he had no choice but to play Campbell and MacDonald.

Err ... a better alternative than what he done was putting fcking Weatherson at left mid. Sure, he doesn't suit that position and it'd have been an absolute disaster for him, but it would allow the most talented player in the squad to play in his natural position, and the best defender in the team to play in his. One player out of position (who's crap regardless of where he plays anyway) is better than three.

Or he could've started PDG on a wing, or a youngster. Why has Kasubandi been in about the squad and then in the one game that doesn't actually matter and he could get some game time he's found himself sitting in the stands?

TTG JIM!!!

Err ... a better alternative than what he done was putting fcking Weatherson at left mid. Sure, he doesn't suit that position and it'd have been an absolute disaster for him, but it would allow the most talented player in the squad to play in his natural position, and the best defender in the team to play in his. One player out of position (who's crap regardless of where he plays anyway) is better than three.

Or he could've started PDG on a wing, or a youngster. Why has Kasubandi been in about the squad and then in the one game that doesn't actually matter and he could get some game time he's found himself sitting in the stands?

TTG JIM!!!

:lol: Honestly.

Smyth our best defender.

Your personal obsession with Weatherson is rather amusing.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

:lol: Honestly.

Smyth our best defender.

Your personal obsession with Weatherson is rather amusing.

I agree with him. Seems like there's more than him obsessed with Weatherson! I hope that we've now seen the last of that waste of a wage.

Archived