Bring In An Experienced Number 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Bring In An Experienced Number 2

If Dougie won't do the decent thing and sack Moore, we should look to bring a new no2, things need to change and if you look at some other teams with inexperienced managers, at least they bring an old head as a number 2

We are tactically abysmal, like school boys at times. Yesterday we played a centre half in midfield and Tider in a position that we know he under performs in, leaving young o'ware exposed, for the non football understanding fans on this forum to slate..

Campbell and McDonald will never work as a partnership, and we have 3 young lads on the bench in a nothing game and he brings on Digacamo, clueless....

Unless we play next season with any degree of shape, we will not improve, at every kick out the team could be covered by a 4m square, Moore has no ability as a manager, drubbings by QOS an Raith have shown this and another season with him in charge will be another wasted year.

Watching Morton is becoming so fecking depressing, second division here we come...

Just bounce if you hate St Mirren

You do realise that he'd still need to pay off Mark McNally in that case? It makes not the slightest bit of difference. Moore will get this season. If relegation looks likely at the half way point, he'll probably be paid off. If not, he'll probably leave at the end of the season. Unless he somehow managed to get us promoted of course.

TTG JIM!!!

Moore is an experienced manager though. He should get to pick his assistant and him and mark are a team. They live by the sword together and they should die by the sword together if the time comes. McNAlly is a really nice guy aswell and isnt the cause of our problems so I'd be very against sacking someone for no real reason.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

You do realise that he'd still need to pay off Mark McNally in that case? It makes not the slightest bit of difference. Moore will get this season. If relegation looks likely at the half way point, he'll probably be paid off. If not, he'll probably leave at the end of the season. Unless he somehow managed to get us promoted of course.

We wasted more money this season on fitzharris, McCann, Digacamo for 50% of the season, young and mcaffery(unfortunately) so its surely worth a gamble, we can't get worse.

As I said we are so 1 dimensional and have no tactics, even if Moore spends the whole Summer studying: how to play football for dummies book 1, things will be no different next season.

He stood like a statue yesterday, reminded me of Billy Stark, no passion or enthusiasm.

To be fair with Stirling he used to give Morton a game with what seemed like a well organised team, what the hell happended to him...

The rumours of signing Hamilton has beens is worrying too, if Hamilton want rid then he ain't right for us either too expensive or too old take your pick..

Moore is an experienced manager though. He should get to pick his assistant and him and mark are a team. They live by the sword together and they should die by the sword together if the time comes. McNAlly is a really nice guy aswell and isnt the cause of our problems so I'd be very against sacking someone for no real reason.

Maybe it is good to break that team, it ain't working, I am sure both Moore and McNally are nice guys, just poor at managing Morton, we were crap for most of the season, outplayed by teams because we could not change tactics. Same errors every week. How is that going to change without new ideas.

If Moore stays on I guarantee he will be gone by Christmas, and we will waste money on his signings and having to pay him off... And will avoid relegation by a bawhair.

Where did we finish this season ? Take your head out the sand.... No real reason ffs... Let's finish 8th again next season, looking forward to it...

You're probably meaning a director of football role, replacing a number 2 ain't going to do much.

Tommy Craig, Alex Smith as numbers 2,s for Falkirk and the Midden, I think that kind of person would make a significant difference.

Where did we finish this season ? Take your head out the sand.... No real reason ffs... Let's finish 8th again next season, looking forward to it...

If you read my post you'll see I said if they're going to get sacked then it should be together. Getting rid of McNally will solve nothing, he's not even close to the main cause of our poor season, which is why there is no real reason to sack only him.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Dougie got it badly wrong by giving Moore a 3 year contract. He has totally under-performed, but we're stuck with him.

I'd like to see Davie Hopkin given a chance as boss. Played at the highest level under some top managers, will be completing his coaching badges this summer.. and has some very good contacts in the game.

If you read my post you'll see I said if they're going to get sacked then it should be together. Getting rid of McNally will solve nothing, he's not even close to the main cause of our poor season, which is why there is no real reason to sack only him.

It will solve something, some of the suggestions are more ludicrous than the sticking with the status quo.

The only way sacking McNally would make any sense if the aim is to get Moore to resign. Think about it people bringing in another No2 who hypothetically Moore didn't want and will not take advice from, reminding said person he is the number 2 and bascially we end up with players listening to 2 sets of instuctions , eh no thanks.

It will solve something, some of the suggestions are more ludicrous than the sticking with the status quo.

The only way sacking McNally would make any sense if the aim is to get Moore to resign. Think about it people bringing in another No2 who hypothetically Moore didn't want and will not take advice from, reminding said person he is the number 2 and bascially we end up with players listening to 2 sets of instuctions , eh no thanks.

That would be an added bonus if he resigns, he's a failure he needs help, he either accepts it or should go.

If Dougie won't do the decent thing and sack Moore, we should look to bring a new no2, things need to change and if you look at some other teams with inexperienced managers, at least they bring an old head as a number 2

We are tactically abysmal, like school boys at times. Yesterday we played a centre half in midfield and Tider in a position that we know he under performs in, leaving young o'ware exposed, for the non football understanding fans on this forum to slate..

Campbell and McDonald will never work as a partnership, and we have 3 young lads on the bench in a nothing game and he brings on Digacamo, clueless....

Unless we play next season with any degree of shape, we will not improve, at every kick out the team could be covered by a 4m square, Moore has no ability as a manager, drubbings by QOS an Raith have shown this and another season with him in charge will be another wasted year.

Watching Morton is becoming so fecking depressing, second division here we come...

O'Ware may have been exposed but I've seen him in most of the games this season - do you honestly believe there is a player there? I'd love if he were to pull through and make a position his own, I just don't see it though. I won't slate him at the games or on here, I honestly just don't think he's got it unfortunately

O'Ware may have been exposed but I've seen him in most of the games this season - do you honestly believe there is a player there? I'd love if he were to pull through and make a position his own, I just don't see it though. I won't slate him at the games or on here, I honestly just don't think he's got it unfortunately

I think with the right management he could become a great player. There's been games he has been good in defence, it's just his decision making (seen yesterday, didn't know whether to go into the tackle or back off, often leading them to get by him and put a cross in). If he got that side of him sorted he could improve significantly!

I think with the right management he could become a great player. There's been games he has been good in defence, it's just his decision making (seen yesterday, didn't know whether to go into the tackle or back off, often leading them to get by him and put a cross in). If he got that side of him sorted he could improve significantly!

Even if he learns a lot in coming seasons, O'Ware has a major problem that he'll never be able to do anything about... he has no pace. Forsyth has the same problem. Quick players caused Morton all kinds of problems this season... easy to see why. I can't think of any great full-back that wasn't quick.

Our entire defence is slow. I'd fancy my chances in a sprint against the lot of them... ;)

Even if he learns a lot in coming seasons, O'Ware has a major problem that he'll never be able to do anything about... he has no pace. Forsyth has the same problem. Quick players caused Morton all kinds of problems this season... easy to see why. I can't think of any great full-back that wasn't quick.

Our entire defence is slow. I'd fancy my chances in a sprint against the lot of them... ;)

Positional awareness often makes up for the lack of pace. We need to work from the back as someone else said (either this thread or another) we have the keeper sorted now the defence. I personally don't mind if the full backs did not join the attack but as long as we stop leaking goals that should be the main priority.

Positional awareness often makes up for the lack of pace. We need to work from the back as someone else said (either this thread or another) we have the keeper sorted now the defence. I personally don't mind if the full backs did not join the attack but as long as we stop leaking goals that should be the main priority.

His positional awareness is amongst the worst I've ever seen from a professional full back. Even as a young player he should still have the basics and he hasn't.

Unfortunately he's not good enough there and unless he is better somewhere else as some have said then I would prefer he wasn't involved next year.

I'm no great fan of Moore's tactics - his subs are simply formulaic.

However, slagging him for team selection on Saturday is a bit harsh in my opinion. With no O'Brien he had no choice but to stick Tidser at LW. With no other central midfielders fit, he had no choice but to stick Smyth at centre mid. With no other defenders available he had no choice but to stick Weatherson at centre back. And with no Jackson he had no choice but to play Campbell and MacDonald.

I reckon he chucked PDG on in the hope that a senior player might pull something back.

Kinda damned whatever he did - if he'd chucked the boys on (or had them playing from the start) plenty would have been blaming him for the wrong decision too.

The problem has been down to the thin squad we started the season with - but how many of us thought that at the time we were top of the division?

We need to spend money on players - end of!

I would not hold your breath for that!

The budget will be cut again this season and full time wages are pretty unattractive for a player with a family and a mortgage. More and more players who don't have prospects of playing at a higher level than the first division, I think will actually want to be part time and there is no reason why Morton could not be a mixed club. Full timers would train with the part timers when ever that was plus do additional work on their own a few days a week, maybe one to one coaching on individual skills, etc.

Its not as if most of them don't need it!

Archived